It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How realistic is a North American currency?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
And so it begins.....

They have been planning this for a long time. Even with the information out there in sight we still fell into the trap.

It's called inevitability...

Cells become tissues which become organs which form systems which form larger bodies.

Convergence is real, and it happens at all levels of existence... Blame self-organizing principles.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
There will most definitely be anarchy!

I often wonder how much the majority of Americans are willing to lay down for...Anarchy? nah, that would mean having to miss the game or take too much time away from the Playstation 360...

Ok the fact that you don't realize that its an XBOX 360 speaks volumes.

But I get your point...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS member im a long time reader first time poster i have been keeping a study watch for the NAU and the Amero that comes with it aswell as the NAFTA super highway that will link canada , us and mexico together its a shame i tell you a dam shame our country is being stolen from right out under our feet only the informed public can put an end to this nonsense the problem is not very many people believe me when i say something. Also look at the FEMA camps being built those may be place they take the people who stand against the formation of the NAU and the NWO (the last part is just my 2 cents) by the way if i remember correct they wanted the NAU established by 2010 sounds like that may happen at this rate.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have been predicting the NAU to friends and co workers for sometime.
This has been in the planning for a very long time, NAFTA was a big step and now we are so much closer. This ecomonic collapse was not just allowed to happen of it's own accord, it was engineered by the PTB. The powers that have been given to various federal positions with the title secretary, as in secretary of the treasury, chairman of the FED are frightening considering the implications. The most frightening part of all is we the people are basically powerless to do anything about it. More frightening is the vast majority don't know or care.
Global currency ? I found this moneycentral.msn.com...
and this
www.worldnetdaily.com...
and more from credible and some even MSM sources.
The negotiations of the big players are probably already in progress.
Think I too must say the hell with it, have a party and not worry so much.
"sigh"

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was stationed in Germany when the Euro came around and we had to exchange all of our German Marks over to Euros. I remember a period of time when stores had everything priced in both currencies. I recall the Euro being worth more than the Mark, so it wasn't a 1:1 conversion.

That makes me wonder what the exchange rate will be for the Amero?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Didn't the Canadian Prime Minister, back in Sept or Oct 08 say that the Bush Administration was being very clever with this economic situation in which everything looked like it was collapsing and yet the dollar was surprisingly gaining in strength?

I remember thinking at the time - Huh? But now I think he was right. I think we, the US has successfully ruined everyone's economy, UK EU Asia ... and the only fraying lifeline is the $. But of course this will be viewed as a terrible world currency - sooooo there may be the Amero instead. It will have the strength of the low debt Canadian loony (dignified as can be) and the cash wealth of Mexico. Central and S. America have lived through several currency crashes and the rich people there are playing our crisis with great savvy.

I believe one Mexican billionaire was considering stepping in and saving Circuit City, but thought better of it. But there are plenty of billionaires - and that's not even counting the drug $.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Ok the fact that you don't realize that its an XBOX 360 speaks volumes.

But I get your point...

Tongue in cheek, laddie.....sorry you didn't get the humor..

but tell me about the volumes it speaks if I didn't know the difference..

That I care too much about people than to spend hours self absorbed in mental masturbation??

[edit on 29-1-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I was in France when they switched to the Euro - it took a year with prices in francs and euros so everyone could change over slowly. Paying in francs, getting change in euros etc. The stores turned in all the francs each month and got euros back.

At the end there were amnesty days. For those who had francs in their mattresses - they could come in and for a bad exchange rate get euros but not get tax penalties etc.

The idea was to keep there from being a franc black market - as much as possible.

I wasn't smart enough to be reading everything about how gold did during this time in Europe.

I'm assuming there were lots of conversations around the conspiracy of a european monetary system long before it happened, with most people saying - no way - never going to happen.

But - did gold turn out to be a good investment in France? The switch to the Euro was 1995 - something was happening with gold just before it - for those in the know?

en.wikipedia.org...:Gold_-_world_production_trend.svg

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:LBMA_Au_AM_USD_2001-06042006.png

London Bullion Market Association morning price fixings for gold in USD from January 1, 2001 through April 6, 2006. Created with gnuplot.

this is quite the chart and today it broke $900 - I think it's at $905

not sure why london bullion is counted in $ and not pounds - but hmm

en.wikipedia.org...:Gold_price.png
if you look at this price (blue line is actual $) we're at the height now.

Or am I reading the red and blue right - anyone else know if the red is false inflation?

1995 doesn't look special here - does it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Everyone thinks us Canadians are pushovers, Canadians will NOT become part of any NAU without a fight.

Congratulations.

I sure hope many Mexicans think as you and I do.

Sadly, I think they might see the NAU as the salvation to the huge crisis which is developing in Mexico, exported from the US to the world.

Mexico still has dollars in the national reserve. If I was in charge, I would have dropped the dollar about 5 years ago and had replaced it with SILVER, which Mexico has a lot of.

I hope many Americans would fight, but there are too many metrosexuals there who wouldn´t fight because that would mess up their hair, and their face would wither because of the lack of expensive face creams...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hope true US patriots do not get offended.

We have a shared goal in the future; the true patriots of Canada the US and Mexico.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But didn't Stephen Harper just cancel some election up there for some reason? I thought I read if the elections went off that there was a good likelihood that he would lose, and maybe that was the reason? Or am I just living with "false memory syndrome"? lol The main thing I pay attention to about Canada is your horrendous hate speech laws, which our country is trying to duplicate, and the extermination of the Native population by the Church.

Anyway, I have read several articles about the Security & Prosperity Partnership (or SPP, new buzz word for NAU) meetings, several of them, between Bush, Vincente Fox, and Harper.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

I read 10% on the dollar......

See Hal Turner's website for Pix of the Bills and read article.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mexican against NAU

I was just posting about this on another thread,
I read recently that Mexico was either # 1 or #2 country most likely to collapse in the near future!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The currency on the hal turner website has been debunked on snopes.com

There was a website where anyone could buy those coins.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
The currency on the hal turner website has been debunked on snopes.com

There was a website where anyone could buy those coins.

Snopes is a legend in it's own mind and debunks a lot of stuff where ATSers would say "there's more to this story so let's not be hasty about being so dismissive." I wonder who funds snopes actually

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You know what the sad part about this is? What the REALLY sad part of this is?
Is that those that we have been telling constantly, telling them this is coming. You know what their reaction is going to be?

They'll simply say "Huh" in a "I guess you weren't crazy afterall" manner, and then they will simply shrug their shoulders and go back to being good little worker ants. They simply don't understand, nor do they WANT to understand the implications of all of this... the Daily Show with John Stewart is starting on Comedy Central, and they simply can't be "bothered" with all that Razzle Frazzle that we're talking about.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Apart from a uncomfortable sensation that comes with such a change...

What would be the big worry about the Amero exactly?

Has the euro really been so awful for europe? no, right?

Has not being in the euro saved the UK from this financial crisis - no, right?

And let's say a big concern is 10 cents on the dollar - as far as we know there's no place to buy ameros, so I don't see what we can do about it, apart from hedging with gold maybe. But a good portion of the us will all be in the same boat at least.

I do remember hearing that there was a rumor of a large shipment of amero coins going to china last month. I suppose we'll find out if that was true. I think there's a youtube on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whatever I think this is great, I just dont see why they dont skip over the amero thing and not waste our time..... I mean lets just establish a 1 world govt, all of humanity joined together all of humanity using one currency.

These things will be great so long as our bill of rights remains in tact and I do mean all of the bill of rights!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
On another note, I also wanted to point out that, after going to see the movie Valkyrie, I saw the following trailer for The International. Looks like they're not even TRYING anymore when THIS can get out... or does this follow more along the lines of "The best way to hide a conspiracy, is to hide it in plain sight"?

On this note, since I saw Valkyrie... do any ATSers here think it plausible to try and follow on the german conspirators and try to remove the people responsible through stealth? I honestly think there is no other way to do it than through stealth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join