It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants once roamed the Earth in the distant past, what was their demise?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There Were Giants in Those Days

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown." Gen 6:4

Is there any actual proof that giants once roamed the Earth and when? The fact is yes and there is a rather growing amount of information concerning them.

At Rouen, France in the year 1509, while digging ditches, the remains of a giant were reportedly found in a tomb, whose shin bone reached to the top of the girdle of every man there, making them about four feet tall, corresponding to a man some 17 or 18 feet tall. There was reportedly an inscription on a copper plate affixed to the tomb reading; "In this tomb lies the noble and puissant lord, the Chevalier Ruon de Vallemont. and his bones."

Have there been any reports of even taller humans or their remains found, the answer is yes.

Near Margariao, In Sicily, in 1516, was found a giant thirty feet high. His head was the size -of a hogshead, and each of his teeth weighed five ounces. Near Palermo, in the valley of Magara, in Sicily. a skeleton of a giant thirty feet long was found in the year 1545 and another thirty-three feet high in 1550. . Several of the gigantic bones of the latter subject are still preserved by private persons in Italy” ….

There are skeletal remains of people that were, 8, 9, 10 - 13 and greater and listed at ages in excess of 100,000 years even millions of years.

Coal is supposed to have formed 300 million years ago. However, the discovery documented in the New York Times of April, 1885 concerns a “buried city” at the bottom of a coal mine at a depth of 360 feet. If evolutionary theory and the parallel geological theories are true, then this “buried city” is/was hundreds of millions of years old.

Then what they found in the "buried city".

A stone fountain was found, situated in a wide court or street,... which was found to be strongly impregnated with lime. Lying beside the fountain were portions of the skeleton of a human being. The bones of the leg measured, the femur four and one-half feet, the tibia four feet and three inches, showing that when alive the figure was three times the size of an ordinary man

We have also found tools that only someone of giant stature could have used. Such as a 64 pound sledge hammer was found at the copper mine by archeologists. To lift this 64 pound hammer using only the far end of a 9 foot long handle would be beyond the strength of any man.

"So who or what could have wielded one of these back-breakers? If we scale up the size of the ancient people so they could use this tool, the giants at the copper mine may have been perhaps 12 to 18 feet tall, or about 3 times taller than an average human being of today. "

The question is why did they die out? Was it natural or were they helped by others of lesser stature? I tend to feel that those of lesser stature felt inferior to them or were even oppressed and used as slaves. Resulting in a revolt that in time ended in the extinction of the giants.

edited to correct title

[edit on 1/29/2009 by pstrron]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Howdy Pstron

Ah, well there are numerous threads on this board on this exact subject.

Oh and do you understand the difference between a privateer and a pirate?

Just pickin' on ya

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

That's the only giant I know of

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes I do, a privateer is under license to be a pirate for a government of firm. The two most famous privateers were Morgan and Drake.

In regards to the thread, nothing came up on an ATS search but I am sure the subject has been addressed. I should have added to the title "what was their demise". It would better lead to further theories and or speculation.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

There is also the guy in China that is 8-9 feet tall. This is referring to individuals but I mean as a race of people.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Howdy Pstrron

Well search for me shows 10 pages of previous threads with giant mentions in them. Have fun discussing it yet again.

Oh and a privateer would take and give quarter, it was in their best interest to capture ships and men- sorry just the Naval Historian in me.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Giving quarter is acceptable if in the best interest. The difference is that my signature does not have the full statement. It deals with the adversary of which I will give no quarter nor ask any of him. I am here to take back what he stole, thus no quarter will be given him and he knows better than to ask.

I wonder why when I search using the word giant/giants I do not receive any listing of threads. This has happened before hmmmm.

Any ideas why thy died out?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
According to the bible, they died in the Flood. However, that does not explain the examples you mentioned, not does it explain Goliath.
There are two possible explanations. One is that the bibilical flood was not world wide, (although most cultures do mention a Great Flood) or if it was, it did not dystroy everyone as it was supposed too.
The second explanation is that Noah and his family were not of the pure adamic race, and therefore carried the genes that would allow giants to be born. (The genes could have come through the wive. We don't know if they were supposed to be of pure adamic descent or not.)
Just a couple of thoughts on an interesting subject.
By the way, giants are not an evolutionary preference for humans. It takes more to feed them, clothe them, and it is harder for them to hide from predators.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

The second explanation is that Noah and his family were not of the pure adamic race, and therefore carried the genes that would allow giants to be born. (The genes could have come through the wive.

The bible states that Noah was perfect in his generations but no mention of this regarding his wife, sons or their wives. So it is possible that the gene for giants were in the rest of the family.

On another note, there are stories by other cultures that there was more than one boat. Did the giants also have a boat?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Simple

Giants died out because they ran out of suitable mates. They could not find reproductive partners.

I do not think that many women would take kindly to being impregnated by such large reproductive organs.

The key would not fit in the keyhole.

When a woman has an orgasm, the cervix contracts which assists the travel of sperm; thus improving the chance of pregnancy.

I doubt that many women could orgasm if they are in extreme pain while having intercourse with a giant!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Arrgh! Me hearties!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
If there was a race of giants would not the most powerful normal sized tribes see this as the ultimate conquest? To defeat the undefeatable? Maybe follow in davids footsteps? To wipe out ALL the goliaths? I know they're pretty suceptible to slings, maybe once david found out how to beat goliath the trend carried on? Andre needed to be craned out of the ring when he got nocked out in the wwf. And when he died (I think?) He'd need a shipping crate for a coffin. And what if the bodies were burn't because they were an abomination of gods plan?
Sorry, beer googles again!
BUT there may have been more than one beanstalk.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Question to the OP.

Have you ever once just stopped and asked... how? Considering all that we know about the human genome and the mechanism behind heredity and reproduction... how was it physically possible for angels to interbreed with humans and produce an entirely separate subspecies of giants? Just what is the mechanism here?

Do you suppose, then, that angels have genetic material which we could possibly decode? Not only that, but a compatible genome to humans complete with the same X/Y X/X chromosome pairings? If we can decode an angel's genome, can we learn it's evolutionary history? Can you point to genetic markers to compare against other similar species to see where our two species diverged? How much of an angel's DNA is junk? Do they suffer atavisms? What about cancer? Is there ever an error in an angel's chromosome pairing that causes conditions like down syndrome? Are there retarded angels?

Or is it all just done with magic?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Does Angels Exist?

As far i know, Agels are just mythological creatures.

The reference "Giants" in the bible is most probably used in context to describe a group/culture/Civilization whose achievements seemed advanced to others.

Its the same way we say "Tesla was a Giant among his contemporaries"!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
maybe they went to another place created better technology and left for a better planet and left the smaller people behind

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
maybe.

But were these "Giants"Immortal??
Of course, some would die off and would have been buried somewhere??
Human/Animal skeletal remains would still remain for ages without being disintegrating.

So far,we have not found a single bone of a giant!
or
Gaints didnt have bones/a skeletal system.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Giants had very large appetites, they rapidly depleted the available game so they started to eat domesticated animals and humans. Native american legends tell of the tribes hunting these fearsome giants to extinction. Since their appetites would be just as large and insatiable whereever and whenever they lived, the giants would be doomed to the same fate.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

As for angel DNA I have no idea though we do have bones of some of the giants. Is it possible to extract some of the DNA from the bones or are they too old to do so. I would think that even a partial sample might give us a clue to their origin(s). It might turn out that they were just another group of humans that were exterminated because they were different. Not like we haven't heard of that being done before.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

If that is so, why dont we find any remains - bones/skeletons of these giants???

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Which "Bones" of Giants are you referring to?
We have not excavated any Gaint Skeletal remains anywhere so far!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It says in the original post that.....

are still in the preservation of a family in Italy

Would be good if whoever owns these giants bones to give them to Science to run some tests.
Unfortunately, it's only the mitrochondrial DNA that would have had a chance of surviving for such a long time (the DNA passed down by the female side) so any evidence of the father (if hypothetically they were of alien origin) would be lost anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join