It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are these writings/symbols?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Yep, its mostly gibberish but it is all ancient Hebrew/Phonecian. What is not gibberish speaks of what seems to be a geneology of a family the first line reads "the Kingdom? (Malrut, should read Malchut) of Smeeg" and the last three lines roughly say "Father of Selah, and Brother of Hapoh/Hanoh?, My brother killed". Cheers.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by dashen]

What would be really nice though is if you told us how you came to your conclusions.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

....I could have sworn I heard something then ... ner !!!

Sorry it took me so long to find that and you'd already posted by the time I made my post. The glory is all yours my friend not trying to steal your thunder ... no harm done.

Woody

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't see your post on translation.. I was heads down trying to figure it out.. then posted probably at the same time you did... So thanks for setting us straight.
By the way, how did you figure out what it says? I never saw that movie stigma (?) is that what it said there?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by de9571
Sorry I didn't see your post on translation.. I was heads down trying to figure it out.. then posted probably at the same time you did... So thanks for setting us straight.
By the way, how did you figure out what it says? I never saw that movie stigma (?) is that what it said there?

No, if I remember correctly it quoted something from the Apocrypha about Jesus not being found in buildings of wood and stone but inside of us.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

thanks for the translation.

i would also like to know what the gibberish is and how you did do the translation. sorry i haven't posted yet today but i have just came home from work.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

i did not get a real good look at the guys moving thier stuff because it was jsut turning dark when i had got there. from what i did see, they looked like they were just white with no other syrian/arabic/foriegn decent. but that does not exclude them from being terrorist. i do not believe they were though. just a couple of guys who probably dabble in occult things.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
when i first saw the guys when they were moving thier belongings from the driveway into the moving truck, i kinda thought they were jewish by thier facial features and how they spoke.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

I happen to be fluent in Hebrew and Aramaic (Judean, Babelonian, and Persian) and I know how to read ancient Phonecian/Hebrew.
The Gibberish Parts read:"Gantrer Nerel Segigar, Gognaynig of Soig and Plaonig didn't Shaf(Saf) Voi Aral(or but) Mehalech(made to go) Hatirah(granting of permission, or name of a city)" The gibberish parts, now that i look at it again, may be titles of nobles, or names. But the original pic does not look like any authentic ancient item I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Thanks, that's a fantastic skill to have!
Where does one go to learn such things?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm still waitng to find out if this was copied from the movie in any way. I tried to find a site that showed this wall and couldn't

From the few vague photos of it though, it didn't appear to be the same and is way too short anyway. The other thing is, I wonder if this was also backwards writing or scrambled.? idk Someones attempt at being spooky or whatever.

It's weird though, I recall something like this in some abandoned house I was in a few years ago. Not a pleasant memory either. I guess many people were spooked or moved from this movie. The truth shall set you free? hmmm. The kingdom of heaven is within you? or whatever.

So, is this an aramaic puzzle? they say these people did a lot of puzzle writings to confuse the romans. And who would the romans be or still be now?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by the siren

The easiest way to learn these skills is to crack open a book, then repeat, for fifteen years. Honestly, they would all be dead languages if it were not for a few hundred thousand people living around the world who still speak it. Also the symbol at the top is the "crown" of a pomegranate, and the seal at the bottom is probably just that, a seal to end the paragraph.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
So, is this an aramaic puzzle? they say these people did a lot of puzzle writings to confuse the romans. And who would the romans be or still be now?

I dunno, people from Michigan? All you have to do is look at any American government building to know who the Romans are today. Also, the message is written in broken Hebrew, with poor penmanship. Oh, and what does a guy have to do to get a star 'round here. I'm out, peace!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Text OrangeHi just intrested in your post......
The symbols are definately Proto Hebrew or The Early Aramaic Alphabet,
Its either transcripting from The Beginining of the Eighth Day (Genesis 7:11) Relating to the Spring of the Great Deep,bases on the new moons & phases of the moon...Or relating to The Kabbalah maybe?

OR...It in memory of somebody...
As the first five symbols, read in proto-hebrew/aramaic alphabet as follows....
gimel yod yod mem sin........ gimel yod = John or George
yod mem sin = heaven

The next two symbols read as follows.....
lamed sin
lamed ="like a father", truely devoted,to learn,knowledge
sin= year, a tooth, a change, to sleep, to teach
I maybe completely wrong in this though

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I happen to be fluent in Hebrew and Aramaic (Judean, Babelonian, and Persian) and I know how to read ancient Phonecian/Hebrew.
The Gibberish Parts read:"Gantrer Nerel Segigar, Gognaynig of Soig and Plaonig didn't Shaf(Saf) Voi Aral(or but) Mehalech(made to go) Hatirah(granting of permission, or name of a city)" The gibberish parts, now that i look at it again, may be titles of nobles, or names.

Perhaps you might want to look through your dictionaries again?

Ancient Hebrew: www.ancientscripts.com...

Ancient Phoenecian: en.wikipedia.org...

It would appear that the first word is"HMLBWTh" (if it was read in the correct direction -- reading in the wrong direction gives you "GYYMS"). I'm also curious about how you assigned all the missing vowels and determined where the words broke since they didn't match the script displayed. Not being fluent in the language, I am always interested in opportunities to learn.

I hope that you can point me to some good reference pages (particularly an online dictionary.) I look forward to reading up on them.

Oh... I thought I'd mention that your letter count seems to be a bit off. The original message seems to have more than 80 letters -- I assume there would be more if the alphabets had vowels.

You seem to have only 64 or so letters in your translation.

Curious, eh?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist1978
Its either transcripting from The Beginining of the Eighth Day (Genesis 7:11) Relating to the Spring of the Great Deep,bases on the new moons & phases of the moon...Or relating to The Kabbalah maybe?

I don't believe so. Genesis 7:11 (transliterated) goes: "bsnt ss-m`vt snh lxyy-nx bxds hsny bsbjh-jsr yvm lxds byvm hzh nbqjv kl-mjynvt thvm rbh v`rbt hsmym nptxv."

As the first five symbols, read in proto-hebrew/aramaic alphabet as follows.... gimel yod yod mem sin........ gimel yod = John or George yod mem sin = heaven

I believe if you check the Biblical concordances, you will find that "heaven" is "shamayim" ... and that no one was named John or George (and that "gimel yod" is sounded out as "gay" or "gey" or "goy" or "guy", depending on the rest of the text.)

See www.blueletterbible.org... to confirm.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
what this saids is that we die and start again in life.
take a moment and picture the image.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks like it might be Bossa, though some of the alphabet appears modified...found some similarities to the Deseret Alphabet and the Thebes Alphabet as well...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The characters in the first word are as follow (in old hebrew)heh, mem, lamed, resh(should be caf, but is poorly written), vav (which makes a "oo" sound when as a vowel) and the "x" shaped one is a tav. The word spells out ha'malchut, (ha'malrut) which means the kingdom. In Semitic languages vowels are expressed as dots or dashes above below or inside the letters. In places where these dots are absent anyone familiar with the language already knows the vowel assignments. Also the websites you provided show older, and differing characters than were posted by the OP. There are many dozens of forms used for these letters over time. If you were to study these many dozens of subtly differing characters you would begin to read what I read.www.omniglot.com...

[edit on 1-2-2009 by dashen]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

i feel like ive seen some of these. i cant remember where and i dont think i know what they mean
well the bird looks like a bird with gusts of wind but it could be a man on a mountain

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

The characters in the first word are as follow (in old hebrew)heh, mem, lamed, resh(should be caf, but is poorly written), vav (which makes a "oo" sound when as a vowel) and the "x" shaped one is a tav. The word spells out ha'malchut, (ha'malrut) which means the kingdom. In Semitic languages vowels are expressed as dots or dashes above below or inside the letters. In places where these dots are absent anyone familiar with the language already knows the vowel assignments. Also the websites you provided show older, and differing characters than were posted by the OP. There are many dozens of forms used for these letters over time. If you were to study these many dozens of subtly differing characters you would begin to read what I read.www.omniglot.com...

Interesting. If you check back to what you wrote previously, you will see that you didn't correctly identify the first word although you claimed to be quite the scholar on this language.

I was quite curious why your first interpretation was so very wrong and why your spelling out of the message (vowels included where they were implied) was far shorter than the original message. Adding vowels to a message that's mostly consonants makes the message longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join