It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are these writings/symbols?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

sorry if the picture didnt post correctly. my first time posting a pic.

ok so my father in-law evicted a couple out of his house he was renting. and in one of the bedrooms on the wall were these writings/symbols. i have no idea what they are except the cross with a circle seems to be ancient celtic. but i really have no idea what so ever.

if anyone could help me find out what this says it would be very helpful.

i have the full picture uploaded to photobucket, and resized it there, but can not seem to get the whole thing to show here at ATS. sorry about that. if you can not get to the whole thing in phtobucket. shoot me a U2U and i can email it or please let me know how to get the whole image on here.

edit to add: also in the utility room hanging on the wall were a pair of dried chicken/duck feet. they were webbed so i don't think they were chicken feet. but it made me think of some kind of voodoo or something. lol

edit to add: i dont know how, but i got the whole picture to post here.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by keeff]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OK my husband who knows this kind of stuff says, that it is a mix of Theban, Hebrew, German Runes, and Roman. Obviously its from someone who is into the occult (good or bad) there are people like myself who practice magic but only in the highest of good intention.

After looking at it again- there is a chance that they were trying to put a curse on the home. But because there is a dove or raven above with a celtic cross on the bottom - i am more apt to think it is a blessing or protection of the home- that they used while they lived there.

Regardless, If i were you, I would do a cleansing ritual to help rid the home of any negative spirits, or vortex's that could arise from this.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
5 different languages? That's strange. He couldn't translate it? I'm actually kind of anxious not lol. TRANSLATE IT!! Please

Edit: How did you come to the conclusion that it's a curse? Or that "in this case" it's negative? Looks pretty harmless to me, positive even..

[edit on 28-1-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That cross at the bottom also symbolizes crypts from what i know.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Umm, what are Crypts?

Second line.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Crypts are places where the dead are buried, usually royalty from the celtic bloodline.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh ok, that's what I figured.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know the elder futhark by heart and im not seeing any runes there. im only seeing a few characters over and over so i do not know how this 5 language theory came about. I worked at a drug rehab for a while and this looks like meth induced giberish. Was this part of the reason they were evicted in the first place? were they blowing their money on crank instead of rent?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just a thought ...

Is it possible it's written in reverse, something they did?
The reflection in a mirror could show the true reading. Mirrors are sometimes used as a tool in magic. Try reversing the image in photoshop or something.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This was in the movie Stigmata

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Right on!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
they were evicted because they NEVER made a payment. they had the intentions of purchasing the property, but had lost thier jobs. now i do not believe this is important but the couple were 2 guys. my father in-law had to drive 12 hours from Alabama , get the sheriff and have them forceably evicted. not that they were baracading themselves in, just that he was so far away so i guess they thought that they did not need to move.

my father in-law came into town on monday night. tuesday night he found out that they were still there and thats when he had to get the sheriff involved. he had planned on having all of tuesday to take out the cupboards and replace them with his cupboards from his house in Alabama. he had to pay some kids to take all of the occupants belongs out to the street. they had until 11 am tuesday to remove the items, after that time they were his property. tuesday night we left them to continue removing thier things and went to have a drink and a bite to eat. when he returned thier moving truck was pad locked and still in his driveway so at that time he called for a tow truck driver to come and hall it away as he needed to get into his garage to place the new cupboards.

i guess all this is not needed bnut i thought i would let everyone know what happened. the writings were there before they were removed so i am leaning to the "blessing" not the "curse".

i did think that it might be wiccan or of the sort.

thanks and i do hope i can get it translated.

edited to add: oh and no i do not believe they were on crank/crack just another misfortune to our economy

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The other guy posted, it looks yanked straight off Stigmata to me to.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If it is Runic, it's a strange variation of it. and very little semblance to Theban. it might be some off-shoot mixture of Celtic, and other symbols, they don't look Voodoo in nature either. but Voodoo does tend to call upon variations of other magick to work.

Just my .02

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
just watched the prview you posted. and it does resemble the aramaic symbols in that preview. i have watched the movie and i think i own a copy somewhere as well as read the documented cases of our history.

but when i searched the aramaic alphabet they did not look as similar.

en.wikipedia.org...

also when i searched for the cross/circle the closest match i found was of ancient celtic traditions.

www.crossroad.to...

but when i searched ancient celtic alaphabet, some of the symbols were similar.but niether were a good enough match for me to believe thats what they were.

www.celticgrounds.com...

but WOW yea even the dove and the circle/cross is shown in that preview of stigmata. anyone interested in what these are should watched that 2 min 30 sec preview.

im thinking maybe it is a different dialect of Aramaic/hebrew/greek?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The OP asked what they are and I gave a link to the video. What they claim in the movie, I can't say is correct or what it actually means. This was a good movie though and she's also a great actress. They claimed an ancient form of Aramaic. idk

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

yea it almost scared me when the dove and flashed with the ancient symbols. thanks for the post of Stigmata, i'm gonna dig up my copy and have to watch it again.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah, it looks like somebody's attempt at angelic script.
Here's a link:

Angelic Script

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i wanted to add that this picture was taken with my cell phone, and the actual writings were done in brown with white shadowing i think you call it? almost like the sun is shining down and only the white is on the top and right side of the letters. not sure if that means anything but though i would add it. but what i am getting at is that it didn't look like this was thier first time with these kind of writings.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Every bit of this (except the cross at the bottom) is PALAEO HEBREW.
I pwomise.

Good luck finding someone to translate it though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join