It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding your guns and ammo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Don't hide,attack and kill.Yes, you may die that's how it goes living by the sword.I'm cool with that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I have a box of monopoly with foam padding inside to hide my 45 in. Noone ever wants to play that crap and if the feds come looking for my gun, they won't be looking for it in a box of monopoly

[edit on 28-1-2009 by LeTan]

We do now, thank you kind citizen for giving the info we need to further move forwad and make the wepons confiscation a easy and faster process.

Really why would anyone say in a open atmosphere where the goods are is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My guns are all hidden on the tardis, so I don't mind telling you what I would do if I DIDN'T have the ability to fold space:

I'd find a self-storage company that rents private sheds. And not a nation-wide, sleek modern one either. I'd go with a mom & pop outfit that uses paper receipts and all. The kind that has 24 hour access, but the gate is manual.

I'd put a bunch of stuff in there I don't have room for at home; Christmas decorations and whatnot. And whatever you didn't want them finding. Then I'd pay my bill in cash, and not store the receipts at home (or at all!).

They could search your house, and that'd be fine. Nothing there. Nothing pointing to your cache, either.

The short term version is to put your hog-leg in a backpack, and take it to the gym when the fish is hitting the shan. It's locked up secure, and they are not going to waste time going to gyms, libraries, bowling alleys and bus depots.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL....

Its the whole point of having a registry.. so they know who has them and can then come take them..

First I advise have a small number of guns they can take that are all registered and perfectly legally...

Store some of them in the Bookcase display
Some in the Garage
Some in the Attic

This way when the G-men come and take them they worked for them.. and where completely thorough... Remember the dog is happiest when you cooperate and give him the bone to chase.. Just make sure you grudgingly comply.. They might get suspicious but they are lazy morons.. Odds are they will have to go to other places in the neighborhood and get more.. it will become a chore...

Now as to where mine will be hidden..

Use your brains.. I am sure as hell not going to advise where they would be hidden..

I will share a set of rules with you that will make it easy for you
1) never hide anything.. out in the open ( as funny as it sounds it is that easy)
rule one covers everything

my advice is to get to know your local yokels and learn how bacon thinks... (odds are they will be stuck with the chore.. and not happy about it)

Then start using this insight as to where you hide things..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is wrong post.choose the right category for this commenting.
Event Planing

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just wrote a fu*king dissertation on the god damned subject, and when I went to post it, it wouldn't go through and got deleted. Mother&*^%&%&^%&*%$#

Anyway, they know all the guns you have, especially if you have any class 3 items like me. Every firearm, legally bought, is on record, so like I said, they know exactly what you have. Hiding them is just going to raise questions and piss them off. We have you down as having this gun, this gun etc, so why is it not in your possession? Where is it? If it's class 3, that's a big no no, especially if it's a full auto weapon.

Bottom line is, they know all about your guns, probably even your ammo, although that's less likely. And hiding them, is only going to prolong the search, probably tear your house apart, and piss them off. They'll probably find or make up some law you broke by trying to deliberately deceive law enforcement, and you'll most likely end up with a hefty fine, a criminal record, and possibly even jail time. Who knows?

If you really want to stand up for your rights, and protect your guns, join a local militia or something, although I have no idea how you would go about doing that. I mean, it's easy to talk a big game, and say you're gonna hide your guns etc, but when they come knocking at your door threatening you and your family with jail time and fines and even seizure or your house car, business etc, you might start singing a different tune.

Also, it also might be easy to say you're going to stand up for your second amendment rights, and fight back (aka stand your ground), but when sh!t gets real, and the US government shows up to your door with a full on SWAT team and god knows what else (maybe even FBI. Dare I say Waco?), you're gonna have to have balls the size of watermelons that are made out of pure diamond to stand up against that, in the face of certain death, or at the very least a very long imprisonment. And no, they don't let you keep your guns in prison btw.

So, just keep that in mind. If you really want to fight back, like I said, a local well organized militia might be and option, but again, if caught, is definitely not without it's consequences, but power is in numbers, and you just might be able to locate those balls of yours if you've got people watching your six.

Just my $0.02.
edit on 5-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

They don't "know all the guns you have," if you bought a gun from a non-dealer in Texas. They have a list of everything you bought at a gun store or from a salesman. Something you picked up at a garage sale is yours to keep.

Edit to add:

Actually, I don't think that's all there is to it. Even with a purchase from a dealer, the information is only sent to the NLETS database if you are purchasing a handgun, thus requiring a background check. In Texas, once you have a concealed-carry license, a background check is not forwarded to the national database, since you have a 4-year background check on file.

Texas law requires the purchase info to be kept at the store for I think 20 years or until the store is sold. If it is sold before then, the records are forwarded to ATF. Otherwise they are kept by the vendor. ATF does to periodic checks to see that paperwork is accurate, by doing spot checks with 5% of randomly selected dealers, but the procedure is quite detailed and must be adhered to. Except for the records they might retain when inspecting a store (never more than one month's paperwork per year per store location, if I remember correctly), the information is never collated into a database.

So if you are buying a garden-variety defense or hunting firearm, you don't go onto a list.

DOJ wants to change it; but the rules are written by interstate compact rather than Federal laws passed by congress. It's why Fast and Furious was specifically targeting Texas firearms dealers for framing---they wanted to try and implicate bad Texas freedoms in international gun-running. Too bad for them that every dealer approached called his local police department! That's why they went to Arizona, and had to frame people there...
edit on 9-5-2014 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Guns/s and ammo in PVC tube with screw caps. Loop screwed into top cap.

Dig a hole for a post with a post-hole digger. Go deep.

Insert PVC tube, leaving about 2' of hole.

Insert wooden post (similar diameter as PVC tube) (have another, actual purpose for the post, like holding a gate or tie hitch, fake water tap, etc.). Trim top of wooden post to be reasonable height as surroundings.

Even GPR isn't going to see much out of the ordinary here, so safe until needed.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You guys who are trying to hide your guns are thinking about this in the wrong way. If the time has come that you have to hide them then it's more likely the time to use them. I won't ever go off hiding my crap. If we have gotten to that point it's time to take up those very same arms and protect our rights as humans. So no PVC tubes or war caches for me. My rifle sits by the bed waiting for a hog, deer, or a dirty tyrant.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
You guys who are trying to hide your guns are thinking about this in the wrong way. If the time has come that you have to hide them then it's more likely the time to use them. I won't ever go off hiding my crap. If we have gotten to that point it's time to take up those very same arms and protect our rights as humans. So no PVC tubes or war caches for me. My rifle sits by the bed waiting for a hog, deer, or a dirty tyrant.

I agree with not hiding your guns, or at least the majority of them. I still think they have all legally purchased firearms on record, even if they don't willingly tell you they do, but I do believe if you sell one of your guns privately, they probably won't know, and I don't think you have to tell them (yet). So if you happen to buy a gun at a yard sale, or get one from a family member, I think it's off the books (could be wrong though), so buy another gun and keep that handy, and then hide the one that's off the books in case they come for the one they know about.

Might be a good plan. I'm screwed though, as with all the class 3 stuff I have, I probably have my own filing cabinet at the BATFE, lol.

Also, I wrote this earlier, and I think it pertains to you fighting back.

Also, it also might be easy to say you're going to stand up for your second amendment rights, and fight back (aka stand your ground), but when sh!t gets real, and the US government shows up to your door with a full on SWAT team and god knows what else (maybe even FBI. Dare I say Waco?), you're gonna have to have balls the size of watermelons that are made out of pure diamond to stand up against that, in the face of certain death, or at the very least a very long imprisonment. And no, they don't let you keep your guns in prison btw.

Like I said earlier, a local, well organized militia might not be such a bad idea if you feel like you're gonna fight back against the government when they try and take your guns away. You might not want to fight a full SWAT team all by your lonesome.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

Well all I can say is I hope I'm not first on the list of people to snatch from. I plan on hearing about it happening before my door gets the knock…and I will be long gone by then. I do agree about the militias thing though. I think every county should have one because it really is the only way we could defend ourselves against what they could levee against us. Either way I have morals and values and I don't intend to abandon them. What would you rather...to die for your morals or abandon them and be taken into slavery of a tyrannical state. One ends fast the other drags on...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If it's not in your hands it won't do you any good.
Might as well bury yourself as your guns.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have no guns.....
If i did my mother in laws house is where they would go.
I figure after 2 min of the Gov. talking to the old bat they will run like hell the other way and my stuff would be safe as can be!
edit on 23-5-2014 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: exfed

Personally I only hide my backup weapons. IF there came a point where a three letter agency came to my door asking for my guns I would claim to have lost then in a boating accident. Now to answer your question. I am a big fan of concealing but not burying your weapons. When concealing anything there is a balance between how hard it is to find and how long/how difficult it is to obtain.

I would dig out a ditch, 4 feet, by 7 feet and 4 feet deep. It would slant upwards and then I would put a false top over it (one that is either hinged or would lay across the top and allow for quick access. This would allow me while on the run to lift up the top and hide with my weapons, or to just remove the top and get into my stash. If you truly buried the weapons then you wouldn't be able to access them when you needed them.

Just my opinon

-Divin3

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The only hiding that needs to be done are YOUR asses where they can be of some GOOD. Send off your families as you are able or need and go keep your manhood intact and America as well.
You wouldn't like it if THEY won anyway.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think I was drunk and hid some 1000 rounds of 9mm and still to this day cannot find it.

That was back in 2007, it may have been stolen though, but I got drunk and the next day I noticed it was gone.

The moral of the story is "Don't hide stuff when you're drunk" or "Hide it well enough where it won't be stolen"....

I think I don't think I really know whether I hid it or not, but I do know I can't find it so if I hid it, I hid it well.

The biggest issue with hiding anything prone to corrosion is to keep it dry, I have a U.S. military shipping case which is waterproof enough that you could literally sink it with a few bricks for a rather long time before it would leak.

Variations in temperature cause variations in pressure, if you place something in a sealed case while the weather is warm a vacuum will form inside of it and it will almost assuredly draw moisture into the space when the weather becomes cooler.

A buried or sunken case can be made not to leak by running a hose attached to a well sealed fitting (threaded and neoprene washered on each side and sealed with silicone or grease) out of each end of it into a fairly well hidden spot
which is accessible enough to relieve or equalize pressure to prevent sucking in moisture.

The military had it right when sealed cans were used for anything from ammunition all the way up to smaller vehicles, and currently there are Lock and Lock containers that are almost as good available in sizes up to a loaf of bread that will hold a disassembled firearm as large as an M4 SBR and some ammunition and 2 or 3 mags.

I don't hide stuff, my dog watches stuff for me when I'm gone, but it still isn't lying around where you can look into a window and see it...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you feed "canusa heat shrinkable tubing" into your search engine, you will get a return of canusa heat shrinkabe hot melt adhesive tubing.

This stuff is nuke-proof, you can get any size you want to fit your stuff into and all you have to do is heat up the end and clamp it shut between two pieces of wood or something until it cools down.

You can leave that stuff lying out in the brush for years and it won't leak if you clamp it right and get a good seal, like an MRE, MRE bags are good for that too by the way, just use a standard bag sealer and fiddle with the adjustment till it seals.

With the hot melt adhesive on the inside (CANUSA) it tends to take paint and stickers along with it when it is taken (torn) off, but your stuff will be in perfect condition when it does come off.

I use this stuff on bicycle battery packs and have never had a moisture related failure, failures occur because the stuff is so tough that any flexing tends to tear the battery bars between the cells off after about six years of use because of the hot melt adhesive not allowing any flex at all and the solder breaking.

I have even used it to repair water hoses and pvc tubing with success on the first attempt.

T'is goooood stuff and I find more uses for it all the time but never really used it to store ammo because its only about 3" diameter. I have used it to join multiple 32 round sten-mag together and it worked just fine but made the gun so heavy it was hard to deal with.

SW76 9mm SMG with 5 32 round mags, max fun uh huh....

edit on 26-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: retarded

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Off topic, but....
This is the first and only thread from User Name Exfed

For what it's worth.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: username371

We don't talk about this stuff publicly, because that would give THEM information. You know who they are...

The internet isn't private unless you're using a proxy like I am, and even then I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% private.

Also:

originally posted by: Oaktree
Off topic, but....
This is the first and only thread from User Name Exfed

For what it's worth.

I know neither what you're inferring, or what you expect me to do with that information. Yes, it's a 5 year old thread, and yes this is the only thread he's ever created, and has a small number of posts. Are you suggesting he's a shill or something, to see what we would do had they come and tried to take our guns?
edit on 28-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
yeah, with a name like ExFed lol.a reply to: sir_chancealot

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join