It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding your guns and ammo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sir_chancealot

A guy who registers 1/28/09 asking "Hey, where and how would you hide your guns?".

Nope, nothing suspicious here. Move along people.

Edit to add: NEVER, EVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER, ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THAT ON THE INTERNET.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by sir_chancealot]

I know this was over five years ago, but very good point. You should be viewing most of the internet, and especially sites like this, with a proxy anyway. At the very least it will take them a little longer to find out who you are, lol. Tor will have you believe, and everyone seems to agree that it's extremely difficult to locate someone on the Tor Network. However:

According to Bloomberg Businessweek:

It’s perhaps the most effective means of defeating the online surveillance efforts of intelligence agencies around the world, including the most sophisticated agency of them all, the NSA. That’s ironic, because Tor started as a project of the U.S. government. More than half of the Tor Project’s revenue in 2012, or $1.24 million, came from government grants, including an $876,099 award from the Department of Defense, according to financial statements available on the project’s website.

So everyone, including the government (NSA) is saying Tor is bad, and very hard to crack, but they helped fund it? I'd be willing to wager that they helped develop it for a reason. Because if people are going to be using proxies, and you want to see what they're doing easily, develop the best proxy yourself, give it out for free (which Tor is), and put in a backdoor for yourself so you can spy on all the criminals using it.

Then again, maybe I'm just paranoid, but if I was running the show, that's exactly what I would do.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't hide mine and can't see a reason to do so.

WHY hide you guns?

What logical reason would you have to hide your guns?!?!

You have a right to own firearms for a specific reason. The 2nd Amendment is very clear in it's purpose.

If you are not going to use the firearms for their intended purpose then you should just turn them in to the government.

If the firearms are made illegal and they want you to turn them in then it is time to grow a set, stand up and fight back WITH the firearms.

If you don't have the testicular fortitude to stand up for your rights (and most don't) that's fine....turn them in.

Do you believe that you can just bury them when the rights are taken away and 20 years down the road your rights will be reinstated and you can just dig up the firearms? Once they abolish the 2nd Amendment it is going to never come back.

If they are outlawed then you can never use them again because you will be turned in by someone if they hear you shooting.

I say use the firearms for their intended purpose or turn the damn things in and accept that your not willing to fight for your rights, your children's rights, your future & your past.

Use the guns or turn them in.....there is NO reason to bury them.

I guess burying them says "I'm too much a coward to fight but I am keeping the guns to prove how tough and unwilling to conform to the tyrannical government I am".

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You hide them in the neighbor's yard. Dig it up and put it back while they are out and they'll never know.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You hide them in the neighbor's yard. Dig it up and put it back while they are out and they'll never know.

This. I've been looking up ways in which this can be done (safely). There's actually companies that create tubes and cases specficially so you can bury your guns. Not a bad idea given the current circumstances.

thepreppingguide.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: exfed

I have seen, on line, examples where people buried their weapons. Others have built drawers into stair cases and hidden panels in basements.
But a neighbor recently topped them all. He had me help him set a sealed tote box into his septic tank. All the time I am wondering, if it takes two of us to put this thing in the tank, how is he going to get it out by himself and in a hurry if need be ?
Not saying he has a bad idea, just his method. I would have used three smaller boxes.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: exfed
Few people ever get to the point where they are really ready for the worst. If you had to hide your guns and ammunition from the gvt, where would you stash it?

Me,

$4.99 Rubbermaid tote with a big fat bead of sealant under the lid. Burry it 3' deep and never tell a soul.

Exactly my line of thought

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bury it in the junk pile behind the barn, or under your plow; anywhere a metal detector will be positive already

Underneath a culvert
Beneath bob wire fence
Along a wrought iron fence
Under a bogus sign: "call before you dig"

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join