It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberating Mercenaries take revenge and shoot hundreds of Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
5000 Iraqis marched on a fort in Najaf on Sunday to protest the closing of a newspaper and the US arrest warrant on a cleric. Suddenly soldiers opened up killing 30 and wounding hundreds of women and children. It turns out these were #ing mercs from Blackwater Security.

portland.indymedia.org...

Aren't we there to free the Iraqis, liberate Iraq? Give them democracy? Isn't that the deal?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Colonel,
What's up with you? I thought a poster of your caliber would at least check out the accuracy of an article before posting it as fact.

The article you linked to is a baseless claim that in order to substantiate itself links to a Washington Post article describing the alledged incident. But once you get to the Washington Post article (i had to register) there was no mention of Blackwater nor an incident in Najaf as your link to the Portland Independent Media Center would suggest.

It is this kind of unfounded vehemous villification of the adminstration that actually gives them more credibility.
The end, in this case does not justify the means.

Search out the facts, don't add to them or embellish them - by doing so you become just as tainted as those you try to expose.

This is an unnecessary and inexcusable war - but don't manipulate the facts or promote those who do, it lessens the credibility of the rest of what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I agree with you Bios. Colonel searches the interent all day in hopes of finding info that trashes the current administration. I too looked at his link. It looks like the Colonel didn't read the Washington Post story.

I think he saw the article used the Washington Post as a source and he figured that was good enough.

I too linked the the WP story and had to register as well. There was no mention of Blacwater whatsoever.

I think that you need to do a little research Colonel before you see something that villifies the current Administration and you just copy and paste without even reading your own links.

Sheesh. Your signature says it all except that your hate TOTALLY blinds you to the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I agree with you Bios. Colonel searches the interent all day in hopes of finding info that trashes the current administration. I too looked at his link. It looks like the Colonel didn't read the Washington Post story.

I think he saw the article used the Washington Post as a source and he figured that was good enough.

I too linked the the WP story and had to register as well. There was no mention of Blacwater whatsoever.

I think that you need to do a little research Colonel before you see something that villifies the current Administration and you just copy and paste without even reading your own links.

Sheesh. Your signature says it all except that your hate TOTALLY blinds you to the truth.

Seems to be pretty much the norm for colonel,,,,

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

www.washingtonpost.com...

There's your Blackwater and Indymedia has always been a reilable source for me for the truth...unlike NewsMax or faux news for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is no surprise.

I thought they were on a humanitrian mission..., like the entire war..., "LMAO"!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

www.washingtonpost.com...

There's your Blackwater and Indymedia has always been a reilable source for me for the truth...unlike NewsMax or faux news for you.

Colonel, I am not disputing that Blackwater is in Iraq, which is all your last link said.

The link you provided does not back up the topic of your thread however. Nowhere in that story from WP does it say that Blackwater retaliated the death of 4 of their own by killing innocents.

Where does it say that in the story you provided? It doesn't.

By the way, you never responded to the fact that it was pointed out that your Portland article's link to the WP mentioned nothing of this either.

It is typical of you though, I am beginning to see, you skirt the truth with you half-truths and links to unverified reports. And when that is brought to your attention, you just ignore it.

It is quite obvious that you are an angry man becasuse your BLIND rage is all over your posts.

I just looked at the date of your Washington Post link. April 8th. You are using that to back up today's slayings?

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by nyarlathotep]

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you are referring to me then you are an incredibly prejudicial and ignorant man.
You have no idea where my politcal leanings go and yet you seek to brand me as a neocon/"repugnant".
Another problem one must take issue with is the definite anti-jewish leanings of at least that particular thread you link to.
I thought that democrats stood for liberal freethinking and high ideals, not bashing the jews and claiming that the massad is at the root of all that is wrong in the world.
You seem to spew the same hate filled rhetoric that I would expect from some ignorant backwoods KKK hillbilly only with a left spin instead of a right.

In the future it would be helpful to your cause and credibility to make sure the proof of the statement you are trying to make is really there.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I didn't recall seeing anytihg Jewish in that link. Its just Indymedia....repugnant.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I didn't recall seeing anytihg Jewish in that link. Its just Indymedia....repugnant.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Colonel]

It's right there in front of you...
Not only are you a bigot, you're blind.

replies entitled:
"those mercenaries"
"Every Jew I know hates the MOSSAD?"
"of course the mossad is involved"

It is a shame that you are seen to in some way represent "democrats".
Your hate spewing is a perversion and misrepresentation of all the good things democrats stand for.

Such an attitude does more harm than good for the democrats, who embrace a noble and open-minded world view.

Sir, If I am a repugnant then you are a nazi.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Those are letters! They have nothing to do with the article. WHy don't you stop making # up!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Those are letters! They have nothing to do with the article. WHy don't you stop making # up!

How eloquently put.

I fail to see how I am "making # up" - all I'm doing is pointing out that you who claim to be a democrat are allying yourself with web content of questionable motivation and virtue.
That is the tactic of your claimed adversary and you should be better than that, if not for your own credibility then for the credibility of your cause.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by bios]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
________

Getting back to the original post, we had no right going in and shutting down that newspaper like that. Look at the unrest and fighting it has caused. The only thing the newspaper did wrong was to incite violence and murder.

We had no right trying to execute the arrest warrant on al Sadr, either. He is only guilty of hacking to death another cleric, and other violent crimes.

No, instead of shutting down the newspaper, we should have had a dozen guys with black towels around their faces knock down the building with RPG's, the weapon of choice for the terrorists over there. Made it look like it was done by some Iraqis seeking revenge for the hacking of the cleric.

Then we shoulda grabbed al Sadr and buried him up to his neck in the desert, and practiced our golf swings on him. Then spread the word that he slipped the leash and hightailed it for Iran.

new topics

top topics

join