It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turley: Obama 'Accessory' To War Crimes if No Prosecution!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Turley: Obama 'Accessory' To War Crimes if No Prosecution!

rawstory.com

A few weeks ago, George Washington University Constitutional Law professor Jonathan Turley, while appearing on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann, essentially said that the Obama administration would "own" any war crimes -- such as the reported waterboarding of 9/11 suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed -- if it chose to look the other way. On Monday's show Turley went a little further and suggested that if Obama impedes investigations or prosecution that he wouldn't just be an "apologist," but also an "accessory."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Constitutional Lawyer Jonathan Turley is a hero.

This guy has been all over our gov's lawbreaking escapades for AGES now.

He is throwing the gauntlet down now to the new admin---If they continue with the "we're looking forward" nonsense, then they should be held accountable as accesories to war crimes as well!

This ought to piss a lot of folks off, but IMO, he's right!

Torture is a WAR CRIME, and these people are guilty of signing off on war crimes, as well as many other top level members of congress! Every last one that signed off on these crimes needs to be held accountable and brought to justice!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LOL, where's everybody at?

I thought for sure people would be up in arms over this?

Anybody disagree? Agree?

I say if Obama and Biden continue on with the "we're moving forward" and let this past admin get away with their crimes, then they are no better than them, and that sets a precident that says breaking the law is A-okay.

I wonder if any of us broke the law, if our lawyer could just come into the court and say, "That's in the past, we're moving forward your honor."

Does that show respect for the rule of law (which the Bush admin trashed)?

I think not.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I whole-heatedly agree. Bush is a criminal and so is his entire administration and leading members of congress including democrats. Turning a blind eye would make Obama an accessory after the fact.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Turley is an idiot. Anyone who actualy thinks that any body whether international or national is going to be allowed to get a former President or his advisors or cabinate into a court room is deluded. To even entertain the notion that anyone in the government would follow through would lay the foundation for total anarchy within the government itself. No elected official would make any decision that might be misinterpreted or construed to be illegal. It would literaly paralyse our government. The minor party of both Congress and the Senate and those that voted for them would be fair game for retribution and that in itself would be the death nell for our republic.

Zindo

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree, too. What can I say? I don't know if Obama is going to see it that way, though. It's a little strange thinking about Obama being an accessory when we've just been through 8 years of a criminal administration and nothing was done about it...

I love Jonathan Turley.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Bush Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

Since when is liberating 50 million people a war crime? Since when is keeping America safe from terrorists a war crime?

If Lord Obama wants to discontinue the actions that kept us safe for 7+ years...he has that option...he will also have to answer for his decisions...and his decisions alone. Bush did his job to protect Americans from enemies, foreign and domestic, as stated in the oath of office, and in the Constitution....Will Obama?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Although I do find this to be ridiculous, I also find that it is expected. They are causing the US and the world to slide down the banister of life... and they, the NWO, are like a splinter in the A$$.

Not too much shocks me anymore.... that's scary. I've grown accustomed to their evil. The future is written...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

"LIBERATING" 50 Million people? More like DISPLACING 50 million people, and murdering tens of thousands.

On top of what a FARCE this invasion was, based on nothing but LIES, the authorization of TORTURE is a WAR CRIME--Period.

Looking at this debacle with rose-colored glasses will not wipe that fact away, no matter how anyone tries to spin the Iraq fiasco.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They are trying to make Obama look bad if he doesn't do something about Bush.

Duh, did they forget he is the most powerful person in the country. If they don't calm down the talk they may find the FBI investing them as possible terrorist and the IRS breathing down their neck for the credits they took that they didn't merit.

Hell, they might even get a visit from ICE to make sure they are legal citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If Obama obfuscates an investigation then you can entertain this wild notion of "accessory" but of course he would have bigger legal issues to be concerned with at that point.

Do some of you actually live in a world where they haul a President of the U.S. off to jail in cuffs? Do you think if Obama was as short sighted or dim witted as....many people....and started a crusade against the former administration, that he would be cheered by the masses? The 55 million that didn't vote for him? Take a moment and imagine the "spin" you would hear from Fox and many other news sources.

What seems to be consistent with radicals is that; a) no patience b) little concern for unforseeable consequences and c) myopic view of the world.

If you "really" have some desire to see whether or not Obama is going to help or hinder your biggest fantasy, then you need to watch what happens with Karl Rove. He is the lynch pin.

The bigger the crime and the higher the person that committed it, then the longer it takes to bring a winable case against them, and political careers will be sacrificed in doing so. I don't want Obama to sacrifice his because frankly, we have bigger problems right now that need him. The Right wing Republican's would love Obama to go on this partisan witch hunt (and you know that is how they would characterize it) No thank-you. I want 8 years out of Obama.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am with you DD. Obama better put his money where his mouth is! I will fully support the prosecution of these criminals. There was a note of hope today when Obama declared executive privilege to be up for debate with the new administration especially as far as Karl Rove is concerned.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think its funny that the UN would even start to think for a second our government would hand over Bush.. The new crew is just as guilty.

And i believe that one of the side effects of Obama Mania is Anti-Bush syndrome

But im no doctor so dont hold me to that

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So if I robbed the bank, killed the few security guys in the process and gave all the money I stole to the people I met while I was running away from the police, that would make me a hero ?

I mean, I helped so many in comparison to the bad things I did, sounds just about right, doesn't it ???

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD, I agree with you about accountability.

It will be interesting to see what happens here.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Bush Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

Since when is liberating 50 million people a war crime?

"Liberating 50 million people" -- yeah, right!

First it was WMDs, then it was "preemptive regime change", then it was 9/11 and al-CIAduh, now it's "liberation?" The lies just get bigger and bigger.

The only "liberating" we've done in Iraq is to liberate a million souls from their bodies while liberating trillions of dollars from American taxpayers.

The "liberation" of Iraq reminds me of this bumper sticker:

P.S. DimensionalDetective is ATS' best poster.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Turley is an idiot. Anyone who actualy thinks that any body whether international or national is going to be allowed to get a former President or his advisors or cabinate into a court room is deluded. To even entertain the notion that anyone in the government would follow through would lay the foundation for total anarchy within the government itself. No elected official would make any decision that might be misinterpreted or construed to be illegal. It would literaly paralyse our government. The minor party of both Congress and the Senate and those that voted for them would be fair game for retribution and that in itself would be the death nell for our republic.

Zindo

Many european rulers have at one point faced the people and justice (by the guillotine) what makes you think we can't make our own rulers face justice as well? They're human, not superman... All it takes is someone with enough guts to make them face the music, whether in a courtroom, or from the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
I think its funny that the UN would even start to think for a second our government would hand over Bush.. The new crew is just as guilty.

And i believe that one of the side effects of Obama Mania is Anti-Bush syndrome

But im no doctor so dont hold me to that

Quite honestly, I'd like the UN to haul ALL of their butts out, let the U.S. start fresh and re-elect representatives... maybe... MAYBE we might get lucky and people will vote for leaders who DO represent them. But that's just my own pipe dream

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

"LIBERATING" 50 Million people? More like DISPLACING 50 million people, and murdering tens of thousands.

More like hundreds of thousands -- some estimates are over a million.

Whatever the "collateral damage," it's called GENOCIDE, not "liberation."

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree!!!!

Let me break it down to the nay sayers:

If The Bush Administration was a Mob and that Mob killed 100 people...
& the Leader, Bush, wanted out and Obama took his place.

& Obama gets caught and goes to Jail..
Do you think he could say to the Judge "Well, I am the Mob Leader but I didn't kill those men!" & get away with it?

lol

Life in prison, 100 life sentences.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join