It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turley: Obama 'Accessory' To War Crimes if No Prosecution!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
The Geneva Convention does NOT apply to any of the conflicts we a currently involved in.

I respect your opinion and perspective, and there's not really anything else that we can add that will change our minds about this, so let's not.

I was just replying to the member that asked for some "actual laws" and not opinions.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Last time I checked, the US Supreme Court and Congress have a little more to say about things than a college law professor.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
LOL, where's everybody at?

I thought for sure people would be up in arms over this?

Anybody disagree? Agree?

I say if Obama and Biden continue on with the "we're moving forward" and let this past admin get away with their crimes, then they are no better than them, and that sets a precident that says breaking the law is A-okay.

I wonder if any of us broke the law, if our lawyer could just come into the court and say, "That's in the past, we're moving forward your honor."

Does that show respect for the rule of law (which the Bush admin trashed)?

I think not.

No one cares anymore, it was never about Torture or anything like that, it was ALWAYS about Bush.

Now that Obama is in the White House.. everything is just peachy.
Lobbyiests are OK, Corrupt democrats are OK, Tax Evasion is OK, Wiretaps are ok, torture is OK (as long as the NYT doesn't report on it.. which they won't)
All the Bush "crimes" are still being committed, it's just that now, it won't ever get exposed.

Media....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

"Grave breach" of the Geneva Convention standards.

Waterboarding a "Grave breach"? Please.

Not to mention the President can use Executive Orders to navigate around such moronic laws.

Personally, I don't really give a damn about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Some people do, I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
All i have to say is .. If you believe that Shrub didn't break the law cause "It's WAR" Then Osama and his buddies ALL of them should be released from jail and sent home to fight another day .
WTC bombing LEGAL. Come on its a GD WAR!! sheeesh
Beheadings . Lets have em .. Its war for god sake .
Kidnapping contractors... Can i have 2 please.
(Next attack should be welcomed with open arms.) We got it coming right ? Its WAR!!!
You speculators are funny . Give the man his chance. If he does nothing he will see single digit approval ratings just like Shrub.inc and we can pray for the next shill to be put in place with a shred of decency .

I sat through 8 years of your guy destroying the country. Your turn to sit through mine.
I sometimes almost pray he foxers it up big time just out of spite for the Shrub humpers!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ky

It's all as plain as day. Have you not been paying attention or is it your job to stand on the corner and shout "nothing to see here?"

Like I said, if it were that "plain as day" then there already would have been a conviction. All any of us really know is what the liberal media wants to tell us. After 7+ years of liberal media Bush hating its easy for sheeple to start believing every edited misquote fed to them. And with the aggressive stance Bush took to the terrorists he was not standing on the corner saying, "nothing to see here" he was saying "WATCH THIS AND LEARN". America will not be jacked with. We are not about to bow down. Blank with us and prepare to get Blanked with. That is what Bush was shouting. And guess what, we haven't been attacked since 911. You do remember 911, right?

[edit on 28-1-2009 by ky]

Of course I do. That was the day Bin Laden struck inside the U.S. just like the PDB given to Bush a month earlier said he was going to and Bush blew it off and went on vacation. He was quite the protector. Well... unless you count the 3000+ people that died that particular day.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
"Grave breach" of the Geneva Convention standards.
Waterboarding a "Grave breach"? Please.

`(c) DEFINITIONS- As used in this section, the term `grave breach of the Geneva Conventions' means conduct defined as a grave breach in any of the international conventions relating to the laws of warfare signed at Geneva 12 August 1949 or any protocol to any such convention, to which the United States is a party.'.

The US signed and ratified the 1949 Geneva Conventions. They prohibit the use of torture. If waterboarding is torture, than it's a grave breach of the Geneva Conventions.

Not to mention the President can use Executive Orders to navigate around such moronic laws.

If you think these laws are 'moronic', well you're in your right to an opinion, but that doesn't make them any less of a law or treaty, to which the United States is bound to.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You can embargo us all you want, you(the rest of the world) cant survive without the good ol' USA, you cant produce enough food for your growing numbers of unproductive mouths to feed.... SO tell us what kind of bind we are in and i will say to you, NO EATING HERE TONIGHT!! YOU ON A DIET!! No we wont hand over Bush, even though some of our deluded co-inhibitants think we should, WHY should we?? because we police you(the rest of the world) for not acting civil towards one another, then get caught up in y'alls debacle?? Saddam needed to be gone, to believe the no WMD arguement is feeble, he either moved the weapons, sold them, why do people like to say no WMD's, he was innocent!! what buffoonery!!! the murderer said he has none so we believe him..... HE USED THESE WEAPONS ON COALITION TROOPS AND HIS OWN PEOPLE REPEATEDLY. HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF HIS OWN CITIZENS, yet people want to say that they needed an iron fist(saddam) to keep them in check?? WTF!? we have got into another police action that the rest of the world talks smack on us for getting involved, LIED to go to war with saddam?? he invaded Kuwait, a sovereign UN nation without the ability to defend itself(desert shield), WHERE IS THE LIES?? saddam wanted the kuwait oil fields as well as having persian gulf access. WHAT LIES?? How about we close our borders and let all of you(the rest of the world) have a free-for-all, and if you threaten us we will excersise our military muscle, does that sound diplomatic enough for y'all?!

[edit on 1/28/2009 by cal7man]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Cal7man, you, sir, or madam as the case may be, in my personal opinion, should type less, and read more deeply our national and world history. No single post can update you as to the actual events of the last 8 years, much less the post WW2 history of planet Earth sufficiently to appreciate this discussion fully. I suggest you start from the Magna Carta, then the US Constitution, Alexander Hamilton, Alexis deTocqueville, then start reading the multitudinous histories of the 20th century, and return with a few hundred books and documents under your belt. Thank you.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by defenestrator]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

Please by all means close your borders and let the rest of the world get along with it,if your a reflection of modern america then the world would be better off with your kind staying put in your country.
As for your history lesson on Iraq,what I want to say would get me banned-so lets just say your wrong.

Bush and Rummy need to picked up by special forces and flown to a remote place were the parents of our brave soldiers who have been killed in this war of lies can waterboard them for 5 years or more.

After that they stand trial with Blair and other so called world leaders who lied to the public.All their family assets should be taken away and given to needy causes and then they spend the rest of their lives rotting away in a dark cell never to feel the sun shine on their skin again

Of course none of that will go down,

admin edit: we don't do death/murder wishes on ATS

[edit on 1-28-2009 by Springer]

*edit*just want to go on record and say it was bush and rummy related,and not a board member!Your edit makes it look like I personaly targeted a member here!lol

[edit on 28-1-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

get along with what, robbing and killing eachother, like you do oh so well, again you sound like the main stream media and the multitude of lies streawn about in order to suffice a certain agenda, if you are so objective then why is it you choose to believe in the lies fed to you. you can insult us as much as you want but in the end you still have a dependency on the USA to feed you, because you cant do what we have done. but keep drinking the kool aid and following the leader, maybe it will get you somewhere, someday??

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the Al Queda radical embrace ignorance thread.
...some of you hate Obama and he hasn't done anything yet, you hated him from the start and if he were to bring about global peace over night you would either call him the anti-Christ or he did it for the glory of his power.
...some of the historical ignorance witnessed here makes the greatest argument for why public schools should be completely handed over to the private sector.
...some of you hate Bush so much you would think he and Hitler can be compared to each other. If you think that, and you didn't go to the same schools Amidinijad went to, then you should bring a law suit against your school for malpractice.
...what ever happened to civil discourse? Do some of you still consider yourselves Americans? Can you find a positive thing to say about your Country? Is the Constitution some magical piece of paper that was handed down from God or something? Do you know what it took to get that damn piece of paper written and ratified? and do you know what type of men got it done? You cool with counting as 3/5th's of a person?
Do you think that the founding fathers were saints? What do you expect from your government? I tell ya what......if some of you haters can change your ways and do something positive to help our Country, then you can demand more from others. But booing from the stands for no other reason than to boo and make things harder, leaves you very little credibility when you start shouting about "rule of law man" yeah, "the government is all corrupt" "they want to own us man" You spout the mantra and sound bytes of hate and thus you and Al Queda have common ground.
....lastly....did you hear that Russia has stopped or delayed its installation of missles because they believe the U.S. has "changed" direction and they want to start off with a clean slate since Obama has delayed or not moved on the missle defense installation over there in the former satelite Countries. Sure....rant about how that doesn't mean anything....but it
does.
Another quick history lesson for you about "doing the right thing" while in office. How many of you still think Jimmy Carter was a crappy President?
...he could have blown the crap out of Iran and we would have cheered but he didn't and every hostage came home and no Iranian's were blown to bits and what did it cost Jimmy? His political career. So you radical peace loving Liberals that want to hang Bush by his entrails, you also are hypocrits because Jimmy did just what you would want a President to do and you abandoned him! You radical Right and radical Left are boils on this Countries rear end, no hemoroids, because we can't move forward very fast because of the soreness you cause between our legs. Your Al Queda commrads would give you all blue stars for your posts.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by ky

It's all as plain as day. Have you not been paying attention or is it your job to stand on the corner and shout "nothing to see here?"

And guess what, we haven't been attacked since 911. You do remember 911, right?

Of course I do. That was the day Bin Laden struck inside the U.S. just like the PDB given to Bush a month earlier said he was going to and Bush blew it off and went on vacation.

Oh, so it was Osama bin Laden and 19 cave-dwellers who were responsible for 9/11?

That's odd. The FBI says, “There's no hard evidence connecting Osama Bin Laden to 9/11.”

So if there's no evidence connecting bin Laden to 9/11, I wonder where the evidence leads?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I believe Obama is also in the conspiracy since he intends to keep hunting down Osama, keeping the War on Terror going. Since Obama knows that hes innocent, he should have called off the search.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Can't disagree with you.

Anyone who keeps this phony "War on Terror" going is every bit as complicit as Bush.

BTW, most intelligence agencies think Osama bin Laden has been dead since Dec. 2001.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

I wasnt insulting america sunshine,so please dont get your knickers in a twist
I implied that if all americans thought like you then,the rest of the world would be better off without your kind setting foot on our soil.

You clearly know nothing about the war with Iraq,the lies that took us there.I dont blame you,I blame your media.You can shout till your blue in the face that he broke UN resolutions,that still doesnt change the fact that the Head of the UN said the war was not legal.

Poodle Blair was trying to get the UN to authorize the war but the bugged chambers there already told the story that they would say NO,so the war started straight away as they were never going to get the outcome they wanted.

Oh,keep your american stuff mate(apart from guitars!)-its all good but being English I buy local food and a lot of other stuff comes from China!.I live in a great country,its not perfect but neither is your country or any other

EDIT*for springer*lol so no contracts for bush and rummy allowed but I can chant bomb Iran all day long here.I'm cool dude no prob

[edit on 28-1-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

your implications as to my thoughts are inaccurate as well as your so called lies about going to war wih iraq, are you talking about 4 years ago, or longer?? we went into iraq initially(16 years ago) for their invasion of kuwait, along with other geo-political reasons, where is your proof of the so called lies?? no WMD'S, you sound like a scratched record, or a warped cd, you can shout until blue in the face but i saw this all first-hand, have you ever served the coalition forces?? me and my friends did in desert shield and storm, no lies about why we did it!!! The media lied to you!! I saw it up close and first hand, so dont tell me about your jaded assumptions and MSM RHETORIC as to why we went to war illegally, we didnt, if we did then it would all be under the bridge by now(prosecution for war crimes,halt to operations) but that has not happened. YOU CAN TELL ME ALL YEAR LONG HOW I WAS LIED TO, but i saw things with my own eyes and judgement, and i know how limies feel bout us yanks, i am very happy to stay on my own soil, although we will go elsewhere and spill our own blood to dfend others.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's please keep our comments civil and on topic.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Actually I don't believe that Bin Laden did it. But when I'm debating the kool-aid crowd I stick to the fantasy version. They can't even win an argument using the made up stuff, lol.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by Hal9000]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join