It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turley: Obama 'Accessory' To War Crimes if No Prosecution!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

"Anyone who actualy thinks that any body whether international or national is going to be allowed to get a former President or his advisors or cabinate into a court room is deluded"

Don't worry, You will hand him over to us (the rest of the world) once we start embargoing your country and refusing to buy the few products you still make in your debt-ridden country - Yeah, you won't be getting anymore credit from us (the world) either and you will hand him over to us (the world)eventually....

America, the party is over. Don't worry though, you are still tough ;-)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
THIS is the big international event that Biden etc. were talking about. The even that would test Obama.

Israel is intentionally committing war crimes using White Phosphorous to gauge the reaction of Obama. Will Obama turn a blind eye to Israeli War Crimes? Will USA continue to be Israel's bitch?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

Do some of you actually live in a world where they haul a President of the U.S. off to jail in cuffs?

I hope I do. If not, then we care nothing about the rule of law and really believe that might makes right. In which case Hitler was only a criminal because he lost the war, he actually didnt commit war crimes at all.

Do you think if Obama was as short sighted or dim witted as....many people....and started a crusade against the former administration, that he would be cheered by the masses?

Obama ran on "Hope and change." I hope our country stands for what it says it does. And if it doesnt, I hope he changes that.

What seems to be consistent with radicals is that; a) no patience b) little concern for unforseeable consequences and c) myopic view of the world.

Asking that the law be followed is "radical? I will be patient. I know case building takes time. But I expect to see case building. If he didnt want the responsibility that comes with taking office after Bush he shouldnt have run for it. He is a young man. He could have run four years from now and allowed some other sucker to do the dirty work. He claimed he wanted to fix stuff up. I want him to get to fixin'. I know a lot of his proposed cash expenditures like health care will need to be set aside in light of the economic crisis. I think prosecuting war criminals is a good substitute.

I want 8 years out of Obama.

Why do you want 8 years out of Obama? Is his presence in office alone like a magic amulet? I personally feel that he was hired to do a job. And, oddly enough, I expect him to prioritize the DOING of his job rather than protecting his own job security. If America's leaders have been involved in war crimes, it is his duty to show the world and our people that that was an aberration. That we as a nation do not stand for that, and that we will not tolerate crime simply because it was committed by those who have been vested with great power and responsibility.

The guy promised hope. And change.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Lol, no offense, but no matter where you are, your leaders are probably not much better than ours. Smaller time bandits maybe, so not as obviously corrupt, but give them time.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Anyone who actualy thinks that any body whether international or national is going to be allowed to get a former President or his advisors or cabinate into a court room is deluded.

I almost have to agree with this point. It's extremely difficult to imagine any of these criminals actually facing justice - as sorely deserving it as they are. I'm inclined to say that rightful prosecution would require a revolutionary rehaul.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I know....

I'm ridiculously hopeful and Idealistic - My bad.

It would be nice to see the rule of law observed for a change.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The UN can not actually DO anything to anyone, that is not what it is for, sorry.

The International Court of Criminal Justice (the Hague) on the other hand can.

Now lets not forget that Bush withdrew from most of the world treaties (including the non-proliferation treaty) - so technically there is sweet FA anyone can do.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This guy is a complete idiot. He's even more of an idiot if he thinks that there is any chance that Obama will REALLY go after George Bush. Obama is up to his eyeballs in corruption and he knows that if he goes after George Bush, then the next POTUS will go after HIM. It won't happen. Unless Obama is a complete idiot as well - and that could be - then all bets are off.

Birds of a feather. Corrupt idiots ... all of them.

Edited to add - I'm talking about the politicians.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

As much as it sickens me to admit it, this is quite the truth...

Banker bailout YES vote--CHECK

Illegal wire-tapping and telecom immunity YES vote---CHECK

Not sure how he voted on torture, but the above two will likely become issues, amongst other things if charges are brought up.

That's the sad thing about our gov anymore---BOTH sides, all up and down the list, are neck deep in corruption and lawlessness, therefore nobody holds ANYBODY accountable, because they all know that they are guilty of corruption and crimes. So you essentially have criminals scratching each others backs and covering for one another all over the board.

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I agree!!!!

Let me break it down to the nay sayers:

If The Bush Administration was a Mob and that Mob killed 100 people...
& the Leader, Bush, wanted out and Obama took his place.

& Obama gets caught and goes to Jail..
Do you think he could say to the Judge "Well, I am the Mob Leader but I didn't kill those men!" & get away with it?

lol

Life in prison, 100 life sentences.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

But the fact remains that neither Bush nor Obama will be held accountable. Same as I've said since this thing has come up.... it will NEVER happen!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
BOTH sides, all up and down the list, are neck deep in corruption and lawlessness, therefore nobody holds ANYBODY accountable, because they all know that they are guilty of corruption and crimes.

Exactly. If they go after someone, then in 4 or 8 years it will be their turn and the next guy will go after THEM. That's why no one goes after anyone else - they are all a freak'n mess.

And having anyone connected with the UN call for an investigation/prosecution is absurd. The corrupt UN is a cesspool of evil, immorality, and lawlessness. They are just as bad. Worse even.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Turley is an idiot.

And you are who? What I mean by that is, if you are going to cast aspersions at a highly respected constitutional law professor's intellect, then perhaps you should back it up with some credentials, or experience of your own. I see that you are a heavy duty cat on ATS, and I'm new here, but really. What Turley is talking about is the rule of law, and we should respect that, I think.

I don't always agree with Turley, but I totally agree with this, if he fails to prosecute the known and multitudinous crimes of the Bush regime, then he is an accessory after the fact by definition. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Add: There's a new post below, and the guy doesn't know 9-11-2001 was perpetrated by insiders. Yo, ky, go look up the term "false flag" buddy, and look into whther 9-11 was really perpetrated by those who you believe it to be. Read, and grow wise.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by defenestrator]

[edit on 1/28/2009 by defenestrator]

ky

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Bush applied his "inherent powers" legally given to him by the Constitution of the United States of America. The same way President Abraham Lincoln did for his actions at the start of the civil war. Lincoln said that his actions whether they were legal or not were done because it was public necessity. Therefore, he felt it was his responsibility to keep the public safe. No different for Bush. Libs so easily forget 911. There is no Geneva Convention rights for these guys. They fight like cowards and have no concern for innocent life. If torturing that bastard means saving thousands of innocent American women and CHILDREN, then so be it. AND IT DID DO EXACTLY THAT!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The President is supposed to be held accountable to the law just as the rest of us are.
To somehow suggest that it's absurd to think a president and his administration should be charged with war crimes is to spit in the face for all of us that ever wore a uniform and all that gave their lives because they believe that "all men are created equal."

Obama must act. If he does not, then that will be the final nail in the coffin of this experiment called America.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And in todays related news:

Civil Rights Group To Obama: Release Secret Bush (Torture) Memos

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is calling on the Justice Department to release Bush administration documentation pertaining to torture, surveillance and other controversial national security policies.

The civil rights watchdog sent a letter today to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel, the same office that provided legal advice to the White House under George W. Bush.

The secret memos were essentially the legal foundation for many of the Bush adminstration's questionable practices, says the ACLU in a news release received by Raw Story.

Full Story:

rawstory.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The problem is the POTUS does not prosecute nor is it his job to do so. Obama cannot prosecute Bush, only the justice system can do that. Turley needs to chase Bush, not Obama.

It's that obvious. Turley's barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
The President is supposed to be held accountable to the law just as the rest of us are.
To somehow suggest that it's absurd to think a president and his administration should be charged with war crimes is to spit in the face for all of us that ever wore a uniform and all that gave their lives because they believe that "all men are created equal."

Obama must act. If he does not, then that will be the final nail in the coffin of this experiment called America.

Well I don't call it absurd to think that a president could be charged with war crimes, I just think it's naive. Obama will not act. He won't! Why would he? He didn't run for the office because of altruism or because he wanted to do the right things for the country, he ran because he wanted the power. Just look at how he treated that reporter in the basement when the reporter had the "audacity" to push for an answer to his question. He glared at him as if to say.. "How dare you question ME." If he wasn't conceited when he was elected, his conceit has certainly been empowered by all of his worshipers since. Any degradation to the power of the office of president will degrade HIS OWN power. Mark my words.. he won't act on this!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I can def understand your thinking. I sure hope you're wrong though.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
well this is a simple move, it just takes balls of steel to do it. Bush and cheney confessed to war crimes on national television..warrants for their arrest could be issued today based on that alone. Get 'em in the box, interrogate them like any other suspect. They will both fold like a house of cards. Obama's justice dept would have all the evidence they need, more than enough to shut down republican opposition. Their arrogance is their biggest weakness. They didn't really hide anything, they did it in the open, and dared anyone to stop them. All Obama has to do is call them on it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join