It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Disturbing Film

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I may have started to watch "High School Musical" once but could not sit through it.

The horror.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

im pretty sure the judge made them (including the imapaled actress) appear in court at the time to prove it wasnt real. If you look closely i recall some one in the room saying you can see her breathing slowly trying to hold her breath. I dont think it looks real and doesnt look realler then any thing else in the film. If you look on google it might have the article on the film i think that impaled girl was not from the tribes but just an actress they hired

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Since this has been resurrected... I am compelled to over share and let out personal info that I will probably wish I hadn't at some point...

My ex wife and I divorced in 1991 and, for a few years I took it upon myself to try to drink myself to death. I don't mean this figuratively... I mean it literally. I drank incessantly. I went through a few sober months, here and there. But for the most part, I stayed "on task". I isolated myself from the world - sat on the Interwebz - and drank myself into a full on blackout most every night.

After a long period of this my sister came by my house and said she'd run into a woman who had once been an employee of mine, named Claire. Claire had recognized my sister, as my sister had visited me at work often, and inquired about me as they conversed. My sister pulled no punches and told Claire the truth of my situation. Claire responded by giving my sister her phone number, to give to me, and sent the message that she'd always wanted to date me, but knew I wouldn't date an employee.

Since Claire was no longer an employee - long story short - Claire and I began dating.

In hindsight I realize that Claire was one of those people who collects strays... who tries to fix broken folk. But, at that time, through my haze, I didn't see that. I just saw a pretty face and a kind heart all inclusive to a woman who was kindly enough to pay attention to me. She'd come over, we'd watch movies, and she'd watch me drink.

Well, one night, she brought over a copy of Leaving Las Vegas. and I found myself staring directly into my own life - into my own emptiness and pathetic state. This movie troubled me to such a great degree that I doubt I made it halfway through the movie before I turned it off, angrily, and refused to watch any more. In fact, to this very day I have never seen the latter half of the movie. I still can't bear to watch it and it's been well over a decade and a half since this happened - and since I drank to excess on any regular basis. Even thinking about this movie takes me to a dark place that I cannot bring myself to revisit. Claire and I fought much of the rest of the night as she admitted that she'd done this to me on purpose - to force me to see how other people in my world were effected by my lack of self concern.... to see how selfish I was being. I was furious.

I think Claire and I dated for about two weeks after this event. I had awakened the following morning and poured out my supply of liquor. Claires message to me had cut me straight to the bone and had sunk in. Once I was no longer broken... no longer a stray... I think I lost my appeal to Claire, and she went off to find another soul to salvage. In hindsight, I kind of wish she'd have stuck around. People like that don't come along often... angels are like that.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, until I was an adult it was actually a Twilight Zone rerun about Talky Tina. Then I grew up and knew real fear once I saw Brazil and Idiocracy. I choose to avoid horror films. I find real life disturbing enough.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I'm in full agreement with you on that! I don't need to see simulated suffering, there is plenty of real all around!

I haven't really watched any movies in a while, but my son was watchin "Last house on the left" the other night. I stepped into his room and it caught my attention. That crap is not fit for anybody's brain to retain a permanent record of!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
as a youngster i caught a glipse of CHUCKY on tv and found it terrifying. Recently i watched it and found it to be hilarious 80s schlock and nothing that can be considered scary. However CHUCK was one of those movies that would freak me out. I also think nightmare on elm street scared me as i remember some one having a poster of it and each time i would see it, i would get freaked out as a youngster!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've only seen the trailer but The Human Centipede.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
People react differently to films. I read and heard all the hype about A Serbian Film, and when I finally watched it, and I watched the whole thing, yeah, I guess the topic is taboo, socially disturbing, perhaps, but the movie was to me, just dumb. It was not realistic. It did not freak me out. I think often filmakers purposly try to get a wacked out as they can with their stuff, to create an underground buzz. Like Murder Set Pieces, that was the buzz for a while, but it was dumb too. Showing gratidous scenes and crazy stuff does not disturb me, as I see it for a lack of talent, so they jump the gun to gross people out. It's a way to generate interest, Hostel was like that too.

Now, I do like the Italian produced Cannibal films, and I do think the vibe of Cannibal Holocaust is a bit disturbing, same with Cannibal Ferox. I do not believe actual people were killed. There was some animal killings though, which I do not support, but I can't be all over it either for a few killed animals in some 70's obscure foreign film(Asian films sometimes have animal killing too), while I eat Big Macs, from mechanized kill factories, and even on TV is deer killing hunting shows. But I do think it was not needed, but I think they did it to generate underground buzz for publicity. So, context is in order.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I had a similar experience with seeing "An American Werewolf in London" when I was way too young The scene where the strange wolf monster people burst through the windows wearing Nazi uniforms and firing machine guns terrified me.

Actually is still makes me shiver a bit but I think thats because of the childhood memory now I can see that it is a pretty comical concept.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I gotta say there is one movie i watched recently that is totally sick!! I mean sick in the bad way! It has a slow start but the ending is horrifying!!

Heres some info and a trailer, it was released in 2009.

www.imdb.com...

Very scary thoughts.....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i remembered watching house of a 1000 corpses i found that very disturbing the first time i watched it, didnt really have any direction but just to slaughter of the characters. Not a fan of rob zombie, and i still havent watched his reboots of halloween which ive heard mixed opinions about.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ive gotta go with Serbain as well. A mate gave me it to watch after telling me about it & getting the better of my morbid curiosity.

Without a doubt the most disturbing ive seen and i like dark twisted movies. Even knowing some of its content it was still a shocker lol.

Fair play to the producers though cos that was a brave one to take on knowing it would offend.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
For me its "The Sound of Music"

It has nuns in it (scary)

Worse, a happy clappy nun!

Kids that do as their told AND sing! (Creepy)

Nazi's (the Jew in me shudders)

And most disturbingly of all I know most of the words to the songs!
edit on 5-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

uuhh - thats blasphemous

i should be suprised really but im not looking at the avatar

keeping me eye on u

edit on 5/1/11 by cropmuncher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The most disturbing film i have ever seen has to be Irreversible, french film with graphic violence and rape.....not for the faint hearted.

Others that creep me out are Jacobs Ladder. Eraserhead, Audition and finally, the film i didnt even want to watch to the end, August Underground.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by Yissachar1

uuhh - thats blasphemous

i should be suprised really but im not looking at the avatar

keeping me eye on u

edit on 5/1/11 by cropmuncher because: (no reason given)

Whats wrong with my avatar?

Its me!

Am i wrong lol?

I see yo am a yamyam

I ay gay coz i know a few words.

Yo can keep yower eye on me as much as yo loik.

I just hope yo am a sexy wench wiv loose morals

EDA The above was written in a Uk Black Country dialect.

The same that shakespear talked

edit on 7-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is probably out of left field, but 'Bastard Out of Carolina' wrecked me over this past weekend. The rape scene with Jena Malone was just so real. She was just a little girl ... about ten or so. It kept me awake all night. I've never really seen child rape portrayed so boldly. Angelica Houston directed it and it's an amazing movie, but it's a movie that sticks with you for a long time after the credits roll.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The most disturbing movie ive ever seen is called "The Cube". It psychologically horrified me...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

*** TERMS AND CONDITIONS ****

You can't link to pages like that.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join