It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Disturbing Film

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This one is pretty creepy.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Most disturbing.. Bad Boy Bubby

Second most disturbing.. Where The Wild Things Are

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer and the Belgian film Man Bites Dog are both very disturbing. It is not that they are gross as much as they depict man's inhumanity to man in a very real and therfore very disturbing manner. Good films but hard to watch.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For me, the most scary is hands down The Exorcist. I am a grown woman who has to hide her face in the pillows and cover her ears to get through that film. I can't even look at pictures.

For most disturbing, it is and always has been The Cell. Clockwork Orange had the title when I was a kid, but once I saw The Cell, that was the one. Incredibly disturbing visuals, and Vincent D'Onofrio was absolutely amazing in it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
this movie scared me some:

www.jdmfilmreviews.com...

second, any one of these "documetaries":
www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Mulholland Drive.

The random part with the guy walking behind the diner, i guess it hits a chord as i have dreams very very similar to that. I still cant sleep sometimes thinking hes behind a wall or something.. UGHHH goose bumps.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
cannibal halocaust biggest wtf and disturbing film...very very wierd!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For most disturbing, it is and always has been The Cell. Clockwork Orange had the title when I was a kid, but once I saw The Cell, that was the one. Incredibly disturbing visuals, and Vincent D'Onofrio was absolutely amazing in it.

Yep...that movie (The Cell) is still the most disturbing film I've ever seen... Really messes with your head.... If you like disturbing movies and haven't seen this one...you need to rent it. (or just buy it, it's probably cheap wherever you find it)....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was so disturbed by 'The Stoning of Soraya M' (available on Netflix streaming!) that I wound up making myself sick from crying. It's a beautifully acted movie and you really run the gamut of emotion over the plight of Soraya as she goes through the horrors inflicted upon her. Even if you don't like movies with subtitles ... there's enough English in this one that you'll be able to follow along. It's an incredible insight into what women go through under Sharia law.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A Clockwork Orange and Deliverance

edit on 3-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
... and [though I never saw the movies] the books: Exorcist and American Psycho.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The movie 'M' from 1931 starring Peter Lorre. It's disturbing implicitly as Lorre plays a child murderer, not necessarily a horror film with explicit violence.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I know which one you mean. Good thing you didn't complete the title. Absolutely disgusting. I have a strong stomach and could only get through half. Terrible.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Believe it or not, the movie that disturbed me the most is the movie adaptation of the Whitley Strieber book, Communion. I LOVE scary movies but for some reason this movie touched on a primal fear... I slept with the lights on for days, and I am a grown man...

If you tuned into ATS Live! you will know that Springer also had trouble getting to sleep for quite some time after he first saw the movie as well....

If you can get your hands on a copy of it, I say, wait until night, turn out all the lights, and watch it all alone....

OMG i got that book on a bargain table at Target for like $3. Started reading it and I couldn't beleive how creeped out I was. Not like it's all that genius level of writing or story line....there was an energy behind it. One of the few books I never finished. Went to Target and got my $3 back ! Can't imagine watching the movie

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
has anyone seen "Nosferatu"? 1920's. Seriously creepy. All black and white and sooo sooo silent.....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The most disturbing ones; Pink Flamingo and Saló: 120 days of Sodomy.
The movies I like/dislike in any other category varies greatly, but those two are just stuck. Ichi the Killer was "a little sick", but could almost be called a comedy compared to the flims mentioned above.
Caligula is just controversial, not so disturbing...

Nowdays my whole collection of "weird" films has gone missing...Some nice friend wants to borrow, but dare not to ask

...oh, almost forgot! If you haven't watched pink flamingo, and like the trashmen song "surfing bird", don't watch. I loved the song, but can not listen to it anymore because of the film!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I must be one messed up individual. I have probably seen just about every movie mentioned here. I frequent horror conventions quite a bit and even met the guys from Toe Tag Productions. Good people, but in all honesty, those movies are so laugable, disturbing is the farthest thing from my mind. The whole August Underground films have horrible productions, half assed special effects, and the acting is on par with an elementary school musical.

Now if you want DISTURBING....I'm gonna have to go with A SERBIAN FILM. That movie raped my soul. Well shot, great acting....but the content is prettty effed up. I can't really reccomend anyone to watch it, I would feel guilty, and they would probably hate me. This movie is the stuff nightmares are made of.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Last House on the Left was pretty disturbing to me but what really freaked me out was The Exorsist. Of course I was nine and slipped down to watch it at my older sisters house during a sleep over. I was tramatized for weeks afterwards and I wouldn't watch it again until about ten years ago, now I love it but i still can't eat pea soup. Funny how time changes everything. Oh and Eagle Eye because i can actually see that entire movie coming true in the near future.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Fire in the sky,when the greys are dragging him through them tunnels and also the forth kind,i know lots of people slagged it off but man did it sh#t me up!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Eraserhead - although disturbing there's a melancholic sadness to it too, still strikes me as a film with many layers.

Henry, portrait of a serial killer - Made me feel sick watching it. Just horrible, bleak and disturbing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join