It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Is Required To Bring George W Bush & Donald Rumsfeld Before A Court! U.N. War Crimes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Exclusive interview on CNN - Manfred Nowak - UN's special Rep on Torture.

The youtube video has his conversation with Rick on CNN, the audio and phone call is messed up until they fix it around the 4:00 mark. So you can forward to that mark.

He says that the U.S. is required to bring Bush and Rumsfield to trial, due to the treaty that Reagan signed with the other countries of the world.

It is a requirement for any country to bring people who have tortured, condoned torture and who ordered it. So the Obama administration is required to do bring them to trial, otherwise they are "condoning" torture.

He says there is direct and absolute evidence to make a case specifically against Donald Rumsfield.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
yes, but unless it's specifically against the law in the US before now, they'll have to make it law now and they'll have a hard time prosecuting GWB and co. retrospectively.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
yes, but unless it's specifically against the law in the US before now, they'll have to make it law now and they'll have a hard time prosecuting GWB and co. retrospectively.

You have to watch the video, it IS against the law in the U.S., due to the fact that Reagan signed a treaty, that makes it International law and U.S. law.

He said it is a REAL requirement for any country to put on trial "anyone" who has committed torture, condoned and ordered it.

He says, all the people who "did" the torture, those who "ordered" the torture, those who "condoned" the torture.

He said there IS direct evidence that Rumsfield is the one who ordered it.

The U.S. does not have a choice in the matter, if they don't - then the Obama administration then is a culprit to the "condoning" of torture.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If Obama complies, evidence is worthy of prosecution, and conviction(s) result,

He may then pardon the guilty and still have fulfilled the Convention requirements of the UN.
Not a problem...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
America pays 1/4 of the UN bills.
The UN is in New York - an American City.

You all can stop drooling. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thing is, if bush and co. were innocent then the idea of a trial wouldn't be daunting, if they were innocent their supporters would be saying, "yeah, get them in there, let's put this to bed once and for all". the truth is, every one knows they tortured and you guys don't care.

so, it's not going to happen, i know this, there wasn't enough moral backbone in the US to stop the torture and it isn't as though anyone expects there to be enough moral backbone in the US to bring those responsible to trial.

it'll just go to prove what most of the world suspects, that the US is the land of the sheep and home of the spineless.

[edit on 27/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Wow....actually there were many marches against the reports of torture and the perception of illegal jailing. Lots of complaints. That didn't stop it. Don't call everyone spineless. People tried.

Didn't get anything done, that's true, but people tried.

The only thing else that could be done is a violent overthrow of the government. Is that what you're advocating?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a few people did try, their consciences should be clear.

it seems to me that most didn't. i see the outrage over a bank bailout that i never saw over the torture of human beings.

ask yourself honestly, are people more or less incensed in the US over the maltreatment of human beings in relation to this stupid "war on terror" set against a measly few trillion being spent propping up the failing economy.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

People have tried, our govt. does not listen to us. Yes, look at the bailout - millions called their govt. officals to try and stop it. The problem with that, is Bush threatened Martial Law, unless the Congress passed it. It shows you, what Bush did - threaten others in govt.

So now, Bush can no longer threaten anything, and the U.S. is "required" to prosecute those involved in torture, due to the treaty signed in the 80s, we should see something happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
why would they be calling for a trial and state that they only have evidence for one person not both. that shows that people do not know if one tortured or not. our goverment lies. how did most people know quit blaming america for this crap gosh dangit its not us its the corrupt people in office who hide everything we the majority do not control the media we get introuble for certain stuff its the crap a** people we have running it that will keep screwing it up and will never stop with the way our country is set up and we need to make an economy based inside our country not an economy based on other countries do you people not see this it was the hard work of people before that owned american owned buisnesses and sold to americans to profit from americans to give to americans and then we gave it away we need to fix it thats where we went unstable we would still be stable if we were there but we are to freaking blind to see it open your eyes

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i bet you your paycheck for one year if we were ordered to hand him over we wouldnt sit around like they did in the middle east we would find them and do it ourselves

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
do you think the people in the twin towers died gracefully.....where is our international man hunt in a certain sence that was flipping toture

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i agree with flyersfan America is the strongest country in the UN, Without the U.S. there is no U.N and the new leadership wont accept the embarassment and politcal suicide of sending the bush administration to trial. Plus, if the U.N were stupid enough to procecute, all George Bush would have to do is move to brasil, they wouldnt extradite Hitler.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

In the vid, he says the UN can not prosecute, it "has to be" the country that has had the law broken by one of their people or a group of their people.

The duty lies on the U.S. for prosecuting.

Don't you think, other countries knowing this, the people of those countries will demand that the U.S. follows the international law? We have to enforce the law, to keep having a "moral" standing in this world.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
dude, i'd like to think that but thats not how it works. trust me.
its all about the super power and politics of the super power and right now thats us. unfortunatly the prosecution and conviction of george bush will never happen, end of story

[edit on 27-1-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Not to go off topic, but Obama is also obligated to prosecute Bush on NSA spying.

Video

I think the reason Eric Holder's confirmation is being delayed is that, as head of the Justice Department, Holder is obligated to investigate the Bush administration's activities in these areas and given his stance on water-boarding as torture, the Republicans want to do what they can to keep him from being confirmed.

And I think Obama's not commenting on it outright because he wants to get Holder confirmed first.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, it has been stated the Republicans will not confirm him due to his stance on torture and they are worried that Bush and co will then be prosecuted. They have flatly stated that. Those confirmation hearings will be interesting, in the questions they ask him. They have already asked him some, and he was vague on the prosecuting torture issue.

I think there are lots of people sweating right now.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by FlyersFan

thing is, if bush and co. were innocent then the idea of a trial wouldn't be daunting, if they were innocent their supporters would be saying, "yeah, get them in there, let's put this to bed once and for all".

This is soooo short-sighted and quite naive.

You simply can't have the leaders of the U.S. or any other major country put on trial. Doing so would forever handcuff those leaders from ever making a tough decision. And if obama agreed to it, he'd have to wonder when they were going to come after him and for what.

I agree with Flyers Fan. Won't happen, no matter how badly the anti-americans here - both foreign and domestic - salivate for it.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall I think there are lots of people sweating right now.

As well they might. Let's not forget, there remain a lot of people who figure still that the sun shines out of the collective Bush Admin's patoot. If the big guys...and gal...are suddenly accepted as the criminals they may well be...well then, that's gotta give the party faithful something to think about as they're warming their pews.

Drooling? No...but payback can be savoured just the same.

An edit to address Centurian's remark "I agree with Flyers Fan. Won't happen, no matter how badly the anti-americans here - both foreign and domestic - salivate for it."
Dude...you have to come to grips with the fact that is not anti-American, and it never was, to be disgusted by the Bushies!

[edit on 27-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The UN can't even prosecute its own.

UN shame over sex scandal

The international organisation says that almost 200 of its peacekeepers around the world have been disciplined for sex offences - including rape and child abuse - but not one seems to have been prosecuted

www.independent.co.uk...

Talk about a big joke. IMO they are talking tough because of what they are hearing from our politicians.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join