It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People on ATS need to mellow out a little

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I notice an increased level of touchiness about everything...people seem increasingly angry at each other over alleged infractions of this or that minor rule...more people "offended" by stuff...

Maybe its the bad economy or whatever but IMHO people need to just chill out and roll wiff the punches, knowhutimean?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
lol yeah. I got a U2U about my avatar from some random guy telling me it was ugly and he's ignoring me.

Honestly, I could care less. You dont have to TELL me youre ignoring me.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
LOL yeah people get angry and over the top over anything now. I mean look at youtube comments, people always arguing or saying disgusting comments for no reason at all, so it's not really ATS, it can be much worse in some places haha.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I refuse to chill out.
Not gonna do it.
Uh-uh.
Nope nope nope.

Lucky for me that ....
I'm not over the top or angry.
I can honestly say that I'm not touchy.
Nor do I suffer from offensesitivity.

I will say that Tentickles has one of the creepiest avatars I've seen yet.
Inspired.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Too true. I wonder what the recent rash of hate filled comments everywhere are caused by. I have my thoughts but that's another thread all together..

maybe there is something to this though. Interesting indeed.

BTW...Tentickles, you have a creepy avvy...a bit disturbing actually, I think im gonna ignore you now...
j/k

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
By the looks of your BTS points, maybe you should all stop by BTS more often. We don't take anything serious. In fact I think there is a 'mod warning' if we take things too serious.

But seriously, which I always (never) am, that fact right there is why I don't hop over to ATS more. I couldn't stand the bashing between members. Lots of questions and very few answers, IMO.

So, stop by DATS when you need to chill or relax, we don't take anything serious there, except the drinking and Sally.

Rush

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Oh...don't mention the random guy who said it was cool... sooo wrong but cool all the same

And to the OP...

I don't think the credit-crunch and other real life stresses help at the mo.
But after SO's thread about civility and decorum... i think we all realize we need to chill out a bit.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yeah there is some serious negativity going on in some of the ATS posts. might be the sun and the moon

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It is nice to have a place like ATS to vent your opinions. No one else will listen except for your friends here. How cool is that! Some people just get carried away. Most times I think it someone young and just dosen't have as much knowledge as some older folks. Be patient with the young and know they are growing and here at ATS by searching for info instead of just believing what others say. I think aiding in education and knowledge.

top topics

join