It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When to get out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am quite certain that although we are getting various reports regarding the world economy we are still not being told the whole picture. I live in Chicago and am curious to know what you would be the eminent signs to get out of this major metropolis. You're not going to wake up one day and see on the news "This is it folks, we're screwed." So how would you guage as the last signs to leave. Riots? Increased home invasions on a large scale? Very interested as to how to read into it further to get advanced warning. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would guess your best bet of a guess of when to leave was when you run out of food and you do not feel safe anymore. And that is if they have not rounded you up already and sent you to a labor camp. So you might not want to wait until you are hungry and insecure. Just leave when you have the gut feeling .

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You might want to check the survival boards, there are threads that help to identify the right time to get out of harms way, what signs to watch for etc.

And there are tons of other useful advice, too.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The fact you are posing this question to us should be all the warning you need.

Start to plan NOW.

Work out where you want to go, what you need and how to get there....wherever that is location-wise and spirit-wise.

Trust your instincts not the TV or Newspapers. If you don't feel something's right, don't seek excuses to doubt yourself.

Good luck wherever you are or wherever you go.

Don't let the b****rds get you down!
especially when it's too late.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
I am quite certain that although we are getting various reports regarding the world economy we are still not being told the whole picture. I live in Chicago and am curious to know what you would be the eminent signs to get out of this major metropolis. You're not going to wake up one day and see on the news "This is it folks, we're screwed." So how would you guage as the last signs to leave. Riots? Increased home invasions on a large scale? Very interested as to how to read into it further to get advanced warning. Thanks.

Hi, there is already three or four threads on the go covering your concerns, but as someone else pointed out, If you are aware of the need to be getting out of Chicago, you should be going now.
Please if you get chance look on the threads about survival for familes and children, and the ones about cities not being suitable for survivalists.

BTW I got out four years ago when I realised most large towns and cities are turbnning into gang and drug infested battlefields. Cities are just Necropolis in waiting.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

well let's see, have you tried to book a flight on an international flight? try it. if you are on a "no fly" then it's time to stock up on food because it is running out and there are no jobs because the foreigners are getting all of our jobs as the US issues 140,000 employment visas annually www.abovetopsecret.com...'. we have no manufacturing jobs (thanks clinton to NAFTA) and all our agriculture has been outsourced to third world countries. so i think these are indications that s h i t is going to hit relatively soon.

and let's not forget

www.abovetopsecret.com...' mystery prison busses
www.abovetopsecret.com...' this is the company who’s in charge of the busses plus other sinister operations

www.abovetopsecret.com...' mystery prison busses
www.abovetopsecret.com...' this is the company who’s in charge of the busses plus other sinister operations
www.abovetopsecret.com...' concentration camps
www.abovetopsecret.com...' increase of troops in us
www.abovetopsecret.com...' more troops both foreign & domestic on us soil
www.abovetopsecret.com...' nyc more troops
www.abovetopsecret.com...' military convoy
www.abovetopsecret.com...' Operation Vigilant Shield '09
www.abovetopsecret.com...' fema coffins in georgia
www.abovetopsecret.com...' dhs drills
www.abovetopsecret.com...' north american union
www.abovetopsecret.com...' massive military exercise
www.uaff.us... containing the executive orders to round up its citizens (EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision)

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation. General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA's Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA's role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis." FEMA's powers were consolidated by President Carter to incorporate the... National Security Act of 1947 allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities. 1950 Defense Production Act gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy. Act of August 29, 1916 authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency. International Emergency Economic Powers Act enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979. Where are these camps? www.uaff.us...

So, you tell me when you think it’s time to stick you head between your legs and kiss you’re a s s goodbye?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Unless you are well versed in urban survival and have spent time on the street living homeless you should be gone now. Especially if you have small children.

We intend to stay put, but we live rurally and can be relatively self sufficient. I would not live in an urban environment now for anything and I am well versed in living as necessary. [doing what you have to] My advice. Stay away from people. Find someplace underground that no one would suspect. Find potable water. Stay physically clean. Try out the local cuisine. i.e rats pigeons, possums etc. They really aren't that bad. Stock up on vitamin c. to prevent scurvy. I will try to help with any specific question as far as my experience will take me.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was hoping for a bit more raional thought. I own my home (well the bank still does but I have a lot of equity) and am self employed. However, I would hate to be stuck should the need arise. I do have a plan for exit and the necessary survival experience required for myself, the wife and three dogs. I can not afford to just leave everything and relocate now. What I am asking is what are actual key signs that would mean, leaving town and going into the woods and pitching a tent would be safer than staying in the city.

Scenarios:

1. Wake up one morning and communications do not work, cell phones, internet, cable, etc.

2. Hyper inflation, ie wake up one day and bread is $5 or gas is $20

3. Significantly increased police or military force in the city looking like something about to happen

4. Airport shutdown with no reason given or people via various forms of communique being asked to stay in their homes, or register somewhere

Looking for any info that people here may be aware of advanced, but valid other early warning signs that have physical relevance. Thanks for the replies.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

I think your intuitive radar is working just fine. At least you are thinking ahead here. Many people are still chasing their own tails thinking everything will be fine. I truly hope they are right. However, one thing I'm keeping my eye on is California. Consider them the Canary in the coal mine. They are just about out of money. The litmus test will be how will the public reacts to a failed state. Banks closing their doors with angry patrons outside starting to chuck bricks and bottles would do it for me, time to bug out.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

A friend of mine who has been in the banking and credit business says 6 to 12 months for a total collapse and he is leaning more toward 6 months. His phone is ringing off the hook to help save and sale businesses since he is a very successful business consultant.

My banking friend had a discussion with an economist friend and he says total collapse between April and June 2009. The economist said the best indicator of what is and will happen to the economic situation of the country is the stock market. To me looking at the stock market is obvious as an indicator but I do believe the eventual collapse will come upon us like a thief in the night.

Most will wait till the last minute to make a move and then it is too late. Do you remember how everyone told you that realestate would always be a good investment and do not worry things will eventually turn around?

Do not always do what the masses do and many times it is not a bad idea to follow the big boys with money because they usually have a better pipeline of information on what is going on next with the economy and businesses.

When Congress had their closed door session to the public what do you think they were told and to prepare for in the near future? I would love to track after that closed door session what The Congressmen and women did with their investments after the meeting. Can you say inside the loop.

What would you do if you woke up one morning and you were told that all the interstate highways in the U.S.A. were closed to civilian traffic and could only be used by the military? Would you say by then you are too late to go to where you needed to be for survival?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

Man if you feel that inscure about your situation then i'd say the time to get out was yesterday. There might not be much, if any warning. Best to get out before chaos takes root.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think that by the time there are any crystal clear indicators that we are well and truly skr***d will be too late.

There are plenty of indicators right now that the feces has already hit the fan. It just hasn't spread to all parts of the "room" yet.

Remember the boiling frog? If 20 years ago someone had told me that our national sovereignty was going to be consolidated with Canada and Mexico I'd have laughed in their face. Any number of things that would have been "fightin' words" 20 years ago are blasse now.

There will be plenty who hate to lose all that they have now hoping they can hang on and tough it out only to lose all the have when they get rounded up in nothing but their pajamas and herded onto a train with shackles.

I say "get while the gettin's good". May see you out there.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elston
I was hoping for a bit more raional thought. I own my home (well the bank still does but I have a lot of equity) and am self employed. However, I would hate to be stuck should the need arise. I do have a plan for exit and the necessary survival experience required for myself, the wife and three dogs. I can not afford to just leave everything and relocate now. What I am asking is what are actual key signs that would mean, leaving town and going into the woods and pitching a tent would be safer than staying in the city.

Scenarios:

1. Wake up one morning and communications do not work, cell phones, internet, cable, etc.

2. Hyper inflation, ie wake up one day and bread is $5 or gas is $20

3. Significantly increased police or military force in the city looking like something about to happen

4. Airport shutdown with no reason given or people via various forms of communique being asked to stay in their homes, or register somewhere

Looking for any info that people here may be aware of advanced, but valid other early warning signs that have physical relevance. Thanks for the replies.

Sorry Elston but prevention is better than cure, Your fair city is already in terminal decline, ghettoisation, gang crime, high unemployment, city social infrastructure failing etc, the signs areeady there, but I think your " equitity" is what is stopping you accept the fact that NOW is the right time.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

try and book an international flight! try and get an expired passport renewed. look up Hegelian dialectic: when one get hungry one will fight!

Wag the Dog: How to Conceal Massive Economic Collapse - "I’m in show business, why come to me?" "War is show business, that’s why we’re here." – "Wag the Dog" (1997 film)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

an ats member spannmark said:

Invented Crises Lead to Opportunity: The Secret Doctrine of the Illuminati, known by them as "Ordo Ab Chao" is a latin term that means "order out of chaos". The puppetmasters intentionally foment and create "disorder" so the people will in turn demand "order". The price of "order" always entails a handing over of control and loss of freedom on the part of the citizenry. Out of "chaos" comes "order" - THEIR order - their new WORLD order.

It is based, as we shall soon see, on the highly effective political-science concept called the Hegelian dialectic, also known as "problem-reaction-solution, a political dictum that a manufactured crisis leads to opportunity, especially when they (the Globalists) have already removed all choices for the outcome to just one choice, the one they intended the masses to accept in the first place. What they have known for many generations now is that when the masses of people become frightened, harried, and beset by bloody chaos, they invariably turn to their leaders and plead, "Fix things do something now!" This frantic desire for security creates opportunities for the Illuminati. They work to invent chaos, to generate anger and frustration on the part of humans and thus, take advantage of peoples' desperate need for order.

And can you imagine anything more chaotic and destructive than to install an illegitimate usurper as the "head of state" who answers to no one but his puppet masters? The United States government will effectively cease to function on January 20th 2009 since every act the Trojan Horse usurper performs will be Constitutionally null and void.

Ordo ab Chao indeed !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is not a laughing matter and i am one who believes it is upon us and just around the corner.

new topics

top topics

join