It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor may in fact be trying to kill me...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Yes, they are indeed expensive, but well worth it IF you need something immediate that will take effect.

I was in so much pain and up to 8 hydrocodone pills a night just to sleep, bleeding profusely, in agonizing pain and once I got on these pills, within nine days, I was off pain medication, bleeding had ceased and everything in relation to my bowel system began to heal.

Just the week before, the doctor wanted to remove half of my colon!

This was four years ago.

Good deal, I'm glad they solved the problem. I admit I don't know how they work, but I'm all for full recovery regardless. It does seem to be a natural product which is always a plus in my book. Getting off of hydrocodone is huge, a great success indeed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
... rice, ... toast, yogurt, ... pasta, ...

Ya, forgot to mention these. Add these too the shopping list, good call Astrithr.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OP, I hope you're able to get some answers!

As far as eating, I think the best suggestion so far is the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce – not applejuice – and toast. Dull, but I think it's pretty standard recommendation for diarrhea. And make sure you stay hydrated – Gatorade is good for that.

Did you tell your doctor since you first saw him that cancer does run in the family and that it's very common among relatively young men in the family? Maybe you said this and I missed it, all I recall is you saying that at the time you were asked you didn't know.

If he doesn't know that, it's really important that you tell him.

Even if the guy is the best in the field, it can't hurt to get a second opinion. And it's only fair to ask them to explain a) what's wrong as far as they can tell; b) what you should do about it; and c) what you can expect. Like someone else said, use sites like WebMD or medicinenet.com to educate yourself so you know the terminology going in, and know how to describe your symptoms, but don't try and tell the doctor the diagnosis.

Best of luck!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I didn't find out about the family history until a few weeks ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fat Azn

That just may force them to reevaluate what they seem to have set their mind to. Or at least persuade them to take your concern more seriously and do another round of testing to set your mind at ease, rather than blaming it on "anxiety".

Not that I think it's okay that they're not taking it more seriously anyway, but just being pragmatic about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
I can't believe he said it was probably all in your head...I mean, seriously, how would that cause bleeding?!?

I think he meant it was caused by stress. Totally different thing. IBS is caused by stress, and there is medication to help it (stops the spasming).

Regarding the blood, I am no expert on human bowel disorders, but I do know in felines stress CAN cause a lot of blood. Once it freaked me out big time, and the vet said that can happen when they are stressed. If it can happen in animals I am pretty sure it can happen in people.

I also think a lot of bowel disorders are not always easy to firmly diagnose. They sort of rule out different things as they go along. Instead of asking "what is this" I would be asking "Okay, your the expert, you have seen this before, lets start coming up with ways to FIX IT!" Ask what is the MOST common cause, the second most common cause etc...and start on treatments in that order.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Was it a sigmoid colonoscopy or a full colonoscopy? Because the sigmoid colonsocopy is often preferred by insurance but is not nearly as accurate a test.

Get a second opinion. IBS should not cause bleeding. Other, more serious bowel conditions can, though. When a doctor tells you it's all in your head, it's time to move on.

Have you or your doctor considered celiac disease as a possible cause?

I had a bad diagnosis once where the doctor would not reconsider his diagnosis but instead continually readjusted the dosages of the same medications, over and over again. Meanwhile the meds were completely ineffective and I suffered greatly for more than a year. I went to another doctor and gave a factual medical history, whereupon he insisted on calling my old doc and would not re-evaluate me or change my medications. This happened more than once with different docs. They DO have a sort of club and they stick together.

Finally I went to another doctor and I told them there was no prior medical history with the problem. They took down all my symptoms, evaluated me from scratch, and prescribed me a different medication. It WORKED - and it changed my whole life. But I had to lie to get the new doc to listen to me.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by OuttaHere]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you don't trust a Dr go to a different Dr! Once trust is lost that's it the relationship with that Dr is over. So PLEASE go to someone else. Tell them that you don't trust your current Dr and that you want them to run independent tests.

I had the "best" plastic surgeon in the area debride a wound (cut away dead tissue) without giving me anything for pain. Needless to say i fired him and his assistant and forbade them entry into my hospital room. Nurse told me he was the best between St. Louis and Memphis. I told her I could go to St. Louis or Memphis! LOL

Get the second opinion and if they don't end the symptoms your having get a third or fourth opinion!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Fat Azn is actually me, I registered yesterday on this site under this name but had forgot the email password and hadnt yet changed the password so I had to create the Fat Azn account (i hope I wont get in too much trouble for that). Anyway, just thought I'd complain more about something I just received. It's the third hospital bill I got today from my previous visits. It's another $40 down the drain for a job not well done. In fact not done at all. Does anyone know any way I can boycott these hospital bills to my insurance or something?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fat Azn

I experience diarhea, but its pretty much every time. Usually its just soup.
Its strange that the doctor is unwilling to truly solve the problem... that sounds like you might have some alien psychics in your head (I know it sounds crazy, but really).

The only difference between your issue and mine seems that you don't hear stuff in your head 24/7. I mean, everything else is there... the doctor not wanting to genuinely help, and a problem with something that should work normally.

For that reason, I wouldn't miss school because of it. Back in college I didn't have this problem (head was clear, could think straight, didn't hear any alien psychics or any bull****), but if I did then I certainly wouldn't miss school over it.

Me, I just go to work and go home, decline the medical insurance, and just do the best I can. Mind you I can't think straight, hear stupid stuff in my head 24/7, my head feels like some aliens are trying to pop it out the socket (and I'll make them pay for that someday, I swear), and, among other things, I've got soup pouring out my butt.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
(i hope I wont get in too much trouble for that).

Medical insurance issues are way beyond my limited powers

But, I would recommend that you post about the double-registration in the Freshman Forum here so that if there is a problem a mod can help you out. They won't give you any problem I don't think, since it wasn't a deliberate attempt to create a "sock puppet" account or anything. But there are some things in how the site is run that check IP addresses against each other, so it's worth asking just to make sure you don't have problems later

(example: husbands and wives often have separate accounts on ATS from the same IP address, which is perfectly OK with admin. But they can't star each others' posts)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I will look into it. The thing that sucks is that there will never be any repercussions for the hospitals or doctors behavior. Meanwhile I am forced to live in pain for at least another few weeks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The thing that sucks is that there will never be any repercussions for the hospitals or doctors behavior. Meanwhile I am forced to live in pain for at least another few weeks.

Repercussions for their behavior? What do you mean? Have they misdiagnosed you and given you harmful treatments? I am not sure I follow exactly what this bad behavior is. How many doctors have failed in their duties so far?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It's another $40 down the drain for a job not well done. In fact not done at all. Does anyone know any way I can boycott these hospital bills to my insurance or something?

Insurance falls into two catagories: 1.) Covered 2.) Not covered. The only leverage we have as consumers is to petition a bill not covered by insurance if we believe they should pay it. That may take phonecalls or letter writting and even still it's uncertain or according to the terms of the insurance. When it comes to medical bills, I ask myself the questions: How much am I worth? $40? $400? $4,000? If I'm not here to ask the questions, does money really matter?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I will look into it. The thing that sucks is that there will never be any repercussions for the hospitals or doctors behavior. Meanwhile I am forced to live in pain for at least another few weeks.

The worst thing a person could do to a doctor is tie up their time. If you aren't better, make another appointment and show up again with a smile and hope that this time something will work. Yes, they're getting paid for your visit, but having to deal with a persistent problem and trying to fix it can be very unnerving. If you no longer believe they can fix it, go to another doctor. Losing patience...er...patients is never a good thing for a doctor and they won't call to ask why you switched. In the end, that persistence could pay off for you, which is certainly my concern rather than vengence.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
See another doctor ASAP!

Even if it's in another town, get a second opinion for sure

All the best with it

Most doctors are overpaid pimps for Big Pharma pushing their crappydrugs on unsuspecting victims in my experience.

240040 people every year are killed by doctors and hospitals by prescribing dangerous drugs with terrible side effects..IN AMERICA ALONE.

that is right.

1/4 million people. according to JAMA.

3500 millionaires killed by terrorists 7 years go. 24/7 coverage every day.

240040 killed by doctors.

Who are the real terrorists and murderers?

bankers and doctors.

who are the real mass murderers then?

not a mention on mass media.

WHY?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If an ER refuses to see you at all over something obvious as blood coming about of your butt, then the first thing I would ask is who you can sue first if something serious happens? Usually the mention of a lawsuit or speaking with administration usually makes things happen. Now, it is true that the emergency room won't see you right away if they're sort of busy. They go by bigger emergencies first, such as gunshot wounds, respiratory failure, cardiac arrest, etc, so you'd probably have quite a long wait ahead of you. But as far as I know, they have to look at you. Lot of times you'd have to deal with a nurse who thinks they are your boss, or a nurse practicioner who thinks they are a doctor and they try to roadblock you from seeing a doctor cause they don't think your case is important enough for the physician to deal with. Don't put up with that, if you are sitting in an exam room for more than an hour, especially if it's not busy, go track that doctor down yourself.

But anyway, please do get a second opinion. I'm guessing this doctor you saw was just a general MD. You probably need a Gastrointestinal doctor to look at you, but unfortunately, you probably need a reference from your family physician. My guess is that you live in a smaller town, judging by your post about having to drive more than an hour. If that's so, then I can see why you have a problem. Sometimes them smaller town MD's think they are gods of their little realm. Just keep getting different opinions until you find someone who will help you and make sure that whatever they suggest, that they explain it to you fully.

My girlfriend had the opposite problem this past summer, she was severely constipated and at the point where she was crying in pain. We tried every laxative and food we could get, from fleet enemas, to magnesium citrate, milk and magnesium, soap and suds, etc. With no results. And not to mention, many trips to the E.R. The first two hospital visits were here in town. I could tell she was constipated cause she told me it had been a month since she had gone. But the idiots at the E.R were wanting to give her all kinds of pointless tests to milk her insurance. So that's another piece of advice, don't agree to tests you know you don't need.

But anyway, we got no where, and she kept seeing her family physician and he wasn't any help. He recommended a GI,we did and rather than trying anything, he just wanted to have her get a colonstomy without really even examining her. She thought it was a colonscopy and didn't think she was about to have a major surgery. I googled it and showed her pictures, she didn't freak because she thought maybe we heard wrong, but when we talked to the surgeon a few days later, it turned out that was the plan, and it was ok'd by this GI and her family doctor. So we decided to seek another opinion. Luckily she has a physiatrist she'd had for a long time and called her up and said, just use milk and molasses for a couple of days and get back to get back to her. That stuff works amazing btw, it worked and it saved her from getting a pointless surgury. And she is doing good.

So good luck and I hope that someone can help you get better soon!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hello, you seem to be suffering from something vaguely similar to what I suffered from a few years back. I was bleeding from my rectum and my Dr diagnosed me with an Anal fissure. It wasnt until a few weeks later that the massive amounts of pain in my arse eventually popped. I looked up on the internet and diagnosed myself with a perianal abscess , walked straight into the Dr's office and told him exactly what it was. He agreed. unfortunately the abscess had burst by then into my colon and was infecting me. I endured over a year of operations and bits of rubber hang out of various huge holes they made in me. All because the doctor was wrong.

If the blood coming from your anus is bright red, its usually a good sign. If on the other hand its dark and old then you very may well have either cancer or more likely ulcerative colitis. My father suffered from ulcerative colitis for many years. Its an auto immune disease that attacks the gut and makes it bleed. please go to another doctor though as soon as possible. I hope your ok.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

When a doctor says you're making up having blood in your stool....Then find yourself unable to move relatively for three weeks, have your family freak out because you forgot that some blood had leaked onto the floor, while having a fever, chills, and being on the toilet spewing up blood from your colon. Then you go to the hospital and they say that although they confirm bleeding they can not run tests because it is essentially a waste of their time when it is 4 am and there is only one other patient in the ER. Whilst their reason being that the doctor said I was fine in the chart that was sent to them because I was "making up symptoms". Well.....that's when you know you've been mistreated....whether it be humanity wise or professionally.

Or I suppose this is all standard routine? They are filling their duties according to you?

EDIT: and remember the reason they say I am making this up is because I told him junior year of high school, 5 years ago that I was having some anxieties. Then he began speaking like a psychologist about "his view" on anxiety. I later heard the same view expressed in the Sopranos. A fictional HBO series......

I also forgot to mention that during the time things got progressively worse it was late summer and I noticed I was sweating constantly. Actual pool of sweat at my feet sometimes......gross! I also have been getting what I call the "death sensation" which is basically what feels like someone sitting on my chest, it gets worse when going to bed, or a numbing feeling in that region. I don't know if that helps anyone with helping to explain some things.
At any rate I am set up with multiple appointments now with different doctors and in different factions. Thanks all for the help!! Seriously, you guys/gals are great. I also am going to a hospital in the city now if things get worse.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

[edit on 26-1-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As others have said, keep your diet as bland as possible. Please cut out tomatoes and oranges - they will definitely aggravate your problem.

See if you can identify any foods that make your symptoms worse too.

Changing your diet may be the answer but when things are so bad you must rule out all the possibilities so I hope you can find a decent doctor.

Is there anyone at your school or college who could help you? I'm wondering about teachers or even the school nurse?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join