It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TV actualy does to your brain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Does the same thing happen to my brain when I watch youtube?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
Tv can be a great tool for education, but it can also be brain numbing.
The internet is almost as bad, I find myself constantly swapping one for the other instead of getting out into the real world.
Sometimes I think it's an addiction.
Your Brain Waves Change When You Watch TV

Earthchild,thanks for the reply-thats a great link

I found this paragraph especialy interesting as I though Alpha waves were only induced after prolonged viewing:

In an experiment in 1969, Herbert Krugman monitored a person through many trials and found that in less than one minute of television viewing, the person's brainwaves switched from Beta waves-- brainwaves associated with active, logical thought-- to primarily Alpha waves. When the subject stopped watching television and began reading a magazine, the brainwaves reverted to Beta waves.

One minute!

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

good video, maybe i should cut my watching time in half

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Wow you are so on the money with that post. I have been telling people for sometime not to let the Hollywood (Holly Wood) wand not mesmerize them. To not let it work its dark magick on them.

Your dreams...I have been having these dreams too. I keep having these dreams of these menacing beings coming and in them its alien ships but I feel this foreboding feel to them. Most people wont believe me...there are some on this forum that know I do this. I have precognitive dreams in my sleep. They have a certain feel to them. My first precognative dream I ever had was something rather insignificant. I made a thread about it a few years back. Here is what I said then.

I have a reoccurring dream, it is not the same dream but it is the same subject and always the same city. I have had this dream about a dozen times, and I never know where the city is located or what city it is, I only know that I am in different portions of the same city on the eve of nuclear holocaust. Last year I moved away from the city I grew up in to another city about 100 miles away. Sometime last summer I had a dream I was in the city that I am in when Armageddon is about to happen. I pulled up to this intersection with my wife in the car, it was a residential neighborhood and I knew we had to hurry because we had to get far away from civilization before the nukes fell. I warned my wife of where a certain factory was and we rounded the corner and pulled into the driveway of this house. I then woke up. A few months later I was doing a ride-along with some Paramedics in an ambulance and was riding facing rearward in the jump seat. We pulled up to this intersection going full code, the rig is just howling a cacophony of sounds and I am facing rearward decelerating fast. My mind was on the upcoming call, and trying to get rid of that feeling like I was going to vomit. In this rig there is a window on the passenger side in the foreword portion of the back directly to my left in the jump seat. I looked out that window and had instant recognition of the side yard in my dream. Every hair on my neck stood up, it scared the heck out of me, and I didn’t know what to think. We rounded the corner and as we accelerated away I could see the entire intersection in the two rear windows. I was awestruck and totally forgot I was on my way to a scene, there was this place that I had only seen in a dream. A dream of the end times. After my shift was over I went home, and told my wife. We drove to that place and went down the street the other way; in the direction I drove in my dream, and saw the house that we pulled into the driveway in the dream. The only difference was the house was a different color. Everything else was the same, this really has stuck with me and wish I knew what to make of it. Another odd aspect of all this is none of the city seems like any of the other dreams I had before the last one.

The dreams I did not talk about were the ones of the alien projection dreams. They feel the same too. What you said felt like the dreams but just a different viewpoint.

I hope everyone takes what zysin said and remember it. When it happens remember what zysin and I are saying and no matter how real it seems it is a manipulation of some rather unsavory beings.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I can't throw my tv out the window, I do believe that tv is worthless for the most part unless you watch what I do a lot of docs on the history channel, discovery channel etc, it all depends how you use it, I mute and ignore all commercials as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by karl 12

it all depends how you use it, I mute and ignore all commercials as well.

I am sorry though it is not how you uses it but the state of mind you are in. It doesnt matter as much what you watch, the content matters on certain levels but it is the frequency vibrations it is attuning you too. It is made to lower your vibrational state to that of a bio computer instead of the higher self you really are. It makes it so you react to things like a computer program instead of feeling and thinking with your higher self. Have you ever noticed how reactionary people are becoming lately? Like a computer that can only react to how the programmer wants them too and your brain ends up having its software per say re-written to react a certain way.

This is why people say no one has any common sense anymore, or cannot think critically. These are phrases used because most people cannot explain what is happening. You are an infinite being operating a body. The TV and other media makes it so the body/mind/brain takes over and does not let the soul operate it anymore. Have you ever noticed how it seems like the inner you, the one looking out of your eyes never ages, it just changes. Ask any person that is of an advanced age and they still inside are very surprised by how much time has gone by and feel like just yesterday they were kids. If they are still awake and not taken over by what the programmers want them to think they will tell you they feel like they have never changed on the inside. That is the higher self.

This is why the world seems so insane.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think it might depend on what you watch.

I love watching discovery and the history channel. I find a lot of the information enlightening and invigorating.
And I learn a lot.

Now if it was American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, yes that would be different.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by leomurray

Like what? Contributing to ignorance and rising illiteracy rate? I mean, really, with exceptions to the History,Discovery and National Geographic channels, what good can come from television?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
Does the same thing happen to my brain when I watch youtube?

Lets put it this way...a video is a video. A video with subliminal messaging via 1 frame per 30 flashing at you for the entire length of the video..yes it wont matter if its through the bloobe tube or youtube.

It can also be done through flash content..ie advertisements, animated gif's, and of course, through sound..any format..any medium.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The thing is that before television became mainsteam, there were those who tried to warn people of the coming dangers of it. Guess what. They were written off as "loons." Now, 50-60 years later, we have come to the stark realization that "Damn, those 'loons' were right." So, you have to put it into the right context.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The zombie effect is multiplied ten fold when video games are involved.
____________2_________

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A friend of mine did a research paper for an advanced sociology degree here in Canada years ago. Likely published in some obscure academic journal.

She isolated and contacted over a hundred families who did not have television in their homes - not an easy thing to do.

Overall findings were that all members of the family were generally healthier than national averages, with a highly significant lower percentage of obesity.

Kids tended to excel at learning and were often natural leaders.

Way fewer cases of mood disorders, breakdowns, dependence on pharmaceuticals, etc.

Happier healthier more positive people active in their communities with more friends and better sex lives, in general.

Those who have read this report and similar ones always remark that we could eliminate many of our mental and physical health problems simply by making eliminating television viewing in homes.

I only see a television screen a couple hours a month when I meet someone for a drink in one the neighbourhood bars.

I'm told I'm missing all these great shows, but there are hundreds of great books I'll never get to in my lifetime, too.

Watching TV is really bad medicine.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wow i'v only just found this website but i think it is amazing. Yet like some have said before, what is the difference between the internet and T.V? On the T.V it is always advertising the internet and visa versa.

Both of them can suck you in and make you feel like you have spent hours doing nothing and really haven't acheived anything and you only realise this afterwards. I can tell you now that this website has 'sucked me in'. But i do feel as though I am learning from it. Like I do when I watch documentaries. But couldn't you even say that they also suck you in like this website does? What is the difference?

And I think it is true that people watch T.V to get away from there own lives, because if they stop and really think about what they are doing and how they have given up their dreams in order to get a brian dead job just to pay bills then I think most may become despressed. But I suppose they are anyway and T.V gives them that feeling of control or a way to forget.

What they do not know is that THE NEW WORLD ORDER has intended it to happen and they do not realise yet just how much the government control there lives.

I say we should get rid of T.V, i got rid of the one in my bedroom and now we only have 2 T.Vs in our house. which i think is an improvment from 10!!!
I wish I could have been a kid when my mum was, they used to play out every night, leave their doors wide open, could come home at any time without their parents worrying as much, get to play in the streets, build go-carts, bow and arrows. How amazing would that have been, how free would you feel. Thats the world i would like to see again. Now kids are getting fat glued to their T.V's and game stations, but if people where told that the world is a safer place again then i think that more kids will be able to go outside without worring if they will get kidnapped or not.

But of course the media and government have control over everyones minds saying that the world is no longer a safe place. Maybe they are right but not for the reasons they tell us. We are no longer safe from them unless we all stand together. I hope to god it happens soon and that people on this website do not lose faith in humans yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Did anyone else catch this?

This almost seems to cater to who we are here on ATS..

Absurd?
In your face and telling you the truth while telling us lies?

Just how true is this?
Made me laugh, as this is right in our faces..
Yet catered to our minds here on ATS..

I have been thinking about this since I saw this on Sci Fi channle..
I watch my SG 1 and Enterprise, Next Generation.. And noted this clip on my TV..

I was taken back..

An evil plot to destroy the Earth.. enjoy!
LOL!

What are you going to do.. Shut off your TV and your computer?
laugh..
Deep thought.. Hmmm

[edit on 3-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think that this is really interesting, thanks for posting.
I have been looking at Beta, Alpha, Theta (and the other one) phases in the brain over the last week or so and having watched this something occurred to me ...

I always used to laugh at people who said "films and games cause kids to do bad things". Having watched this and understood how when watching TV for a prolonged period the brain slips in Alpha mode and effectively "hypnotises" us ... Could the violence we see on the TV set whilst in Alpha affect our subconscious mind causing us to think and act upon violent impulses? Certainly this could be possible for those with weaker minds who are more subject to manipulation?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I think that this is really interesting, thanks for posting.I have been looking at Beta, Alpha, Theta (and the other one) phases in the brain over the last week or so..

George_gaz,thanks for the reply -theres also some disturbing reading posted on this thread about GWEN towers and electromagnetic systems which produce mild (to severe) physiological disruption/perceptual dis- tortion or disorientation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could the violence we see on the TV set whilst in Alpha affect our subconscious mind causing us to think and act upon violent impulses?

As the film indicates,television watching may very well confuse our flight or flight stimulus (whilst under alpha wave hypnosis) into a kind of nervous hyperactive neuroses - I think theres also a very real danger of it inducing a kind of subconscious densensitization/apathy towards violent behaviour - whatever the case its all very interesting.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The crazy thing is he really could be an alien admitting it on national television and no one would beleive it because they saw him say it on tv. Brilliant. Def my favorite commercial of all time. (save for the budweiser frogs)

Probably not so, but hey something to think about.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I probably watch more television than I should, but I think I watch it differently than other people. When I watch a program, I don't really pay much attention to what any of the people are saying. I try to understand what the actor or actress was thinking during the filming. I do the same things with photographs as well. I may still be watching TV, but at least, I am actively thinking.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
The crazy thing is he really could be an alien admitting it on national television and no one would beleive it because they saw him say it on tv.

Correct! Its how they can hide in plain view! Not to mention when someone puts something on TV.. It now becomes a show idea, or something that eludes to us that its just on TV, and not real..

Yet these same people belive everything a TV tells them to belive!

Its how they hide the truth in things such as TV shows, and movies..

Shows like Stargate SG1.. Had a show, about a show that covers up the truth!! Granted some movies and TV shows are just for fun.. And do not hold any real truth..

The truth you see on TV and online are like half truths.. Such as the hulu deal we have going. Baldwin is not a real alien, and they do not really scope our brains out with melon scoopers..
But.. There is a slight bit of truth to all this..
Its just done in a clever manner.. To where only those who are not totaly dependant upon TV's and other such tech can see through it.

But its to late.. Far to late to turn back now.. They are going to take it all the way..
Sit back and and enjoy!

[edit on 11-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
German Doctors warn US about digital television:

Warning against adverse health effects from the operation of digital broadcast:

In Germany analouge broadcast television stations have gradualy been switching to digital broadcast signals since 2003 .
This switchover first took place in metropolitan areas.
In those areas however,the RF exposure in public places as well as at home continued to increase at the same time.
As a result, the continuing declining health status of children ,adolescents and adults in urban areas could not be attributed to any single cause.

On May 20th 2006, two digital broadcast television stations went on the air in the Hessian Rhoen area (Heidelstein Kreuzberg) which until recently had enjoyed rather low mobile phone radiation exposure levels .
Within a radius of more than 20 km the following symptoms
"that occured abruptly" were reported:

Constant headaches
Pressure in the head
Drowsiness
Sleep problems
Inability to think clearly
Forgetfulness
Nervous tensions
Irratiblity
Tightness in the chest
Rapid heartbeat
Shortness of breath
Depressive mood
Total apathy
Loss of empathy
Burning skin
Inner burning
Leg weakness
Pain in the limbs
Stabbing pain in various organs
Weight increase

Birds had fled the area,cats had turned phlegmatic and hardly ever went into the garden.One child committed suicide;a second tried doing it.

Over time the same unbearable symptoms showed up in other locations -most recently in Bamberg and Ashcaffenburg on November the 25th 2008.
Physicians accompanied affected people to the areas where there was no
DVB-T reception (valleys,behind mountain ranges) and witnessed how these people became symptom free after a short period of time...

www.scribd.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join