It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TV actualy does to your brain.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Interesting short film examining the negative effects of TV on the human brain including the induction of alpha wave hypnosis and confusing the fight or flight stimulus into a form of nervous hyperactive neuroses.

Perhaps the best course of action for all our mental wellbeing would just be to throw our TVs out the window.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Perhaps it has also beneficial, properties?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes, Brainwashing and Neuro-linguistic programming IS very beneficial indeed.
But to whom?

To you?

Sorry, I think not.

Face it OP, no one wants to hear their beloved favorite past time(unfortunately for most, ONLY past time) talked badly about.

It has already been ingrained for years regardless. ::TV IS HARMLESS. TV IS HARMLESS. DRINK COKE. TV IS HARMLESS::

Lol. Good start to a thread anyway!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I had an old spare TV and I put it on the side of the road with a sign that said "FREE ILLUMINATI MIND CONTROL DEVICE (WORKS)".

I hope that sign woke up some of the drivers that saw it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I had an old spare TV and I put it on the side of the road with a sign that said "FREE ILLUMINATI MIND CONTROL DEVICE (WORKS)".

Oh man that is classic lol

Now I need to find a tv so I can do the same and film the reactions lol

I really don't get what the video was saying though. Maybe because I don't own a TV and have no cable needless to say. Just an internet connection and computer that's it.

The only thing I got out of it was watching TV makes you speed down the highway to release frustration?

Should I should beat the heck out of my neighbor instead, because that's more healthy for me? What about the neighbors health?

hmmm maybe you need to own a TV to understand what he's saying.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

I wonder how many of them even knew what it meant.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Greetings Karl! Im going to explain what I know what TV, and where It came from.

The first Dark mirrors where used to channle spirits, and the dead. It was found by using darker tinted glass that was coated with sertin elements that the human mind could project its energy, and open a gateway into other realms.

Within the Secert Soceity of the Golden Dawn, it was experimented with on very high levels, using part of old technology that was used by Atlantians. However the dark mirror was the next step.. Crystals use to be used for such things, and the golden Dawn didnt want excess information getting out about crystals powers.
So they created dark glass, which could function at levels that can manipulate the human mind.
What they found threw using dark mirrors presay crystal was something all together different.

I only have bits and pieces to all this.. And can not claim to have the whole story.. But what I do know is that the Golden Dawn knew they could control the massive hive mind, or the one consiouness of the human mind threw this dark mirror.. The only problem was getting this out to the masses..
At that time everyone had their radios, and TV was something that people didnt understand fully.
And it was kept a secert. As if people knew that TV sets was the working of occult orders, no one would want to buy into such workings of the "devil".

But with the help of hollywood this would all change.

As the Elders within the Golden Dawn all made their staves, wands, and other items from the wood of a holly tree. And way before then, holly wood was the best suited wood to focus channled thoughts and projections.

TV today is a projection. A projection of thought, and control. People have become completely entranced by the dark mirrors. They live by them now. And they trust them.

All I can say is if you are strong willed you can watch TV and relax enjoy your evening.. If you are someone who is open to suggestion, then you become what we call sheep today..

I feel you are one of the many who can look into all this and see what has become of this world.
We are controled by secert occult orders, that all stem from Astro-theology. And alien technology. Stargates, and the stuff that the brainwashed see on TV and say no its not real, its just on TV.. Yet these same people belive what the TV tells them to belive.
As our thoughts and ideas are projected into light waves, and then projected back onto the screen.

Much the same way the crystal skulls are said to work.
But to understand how The golden Dawn created dark mirrors you must first understand many deeper levels of thought projection from light waves, and sound waves.

Its extreamly hard for me to explain this in a manner that sounds anything remotely sane.. When the whole time our world is insane. We are suffering from delusions, we are the effects of a long history of illusions and secerts kept from us.

And now everyone has a TV, and everyone watches them. Slowly becomming more and more intune with those projections. Slowly those projections become our reality. Disney knows this. And so do other companies at the highest levels.
But your everyday person knows that TV can affect how people act.. But they dont know why.. They just have this feeling, deep inside of them telling them.

You can find sparce information about these dark mirrors and crystal skulls on the internet. however most of what you are going to find now, is going to lead you right back to hollywood.

As I stated before, Wood from a holly Tree was used to create confusion spells, and could throw a person off track, make them lose parts of their memory.
Umoung other things holly trees where very priced at one time.
But now its just a symbol of what use to be..

When you try to find any real substance information.
It will lead you to some movie, or TV show.
Thats how they confuse us.. They tell us half truths, and then tell us full truths, and conceal the deadly visions within our minds. Until sooner or later everyone is under their trance of control.
But its a subtle control, that has taken a long time to complete..
And with the updating of the TV systems we are stepping it up to the next stage of the mind control process.
The projection rates are going to increase.

I suggest turning off the TV, and spending some time at the beach.. Going camping, or find a hobby that keeps you away.

Soon the mental projections that come out of those TV are going to make people start to see things..
And they will see things in the sky and belive they are real. Ive had dreams about projections floating in the sky. Dragons, and other imagery that seem to real to me within my dreams. Yet I know that its all about projection.

And these projections are comming out of another dimension. Its a real brain masher becasue Im not sure if its real or not anymore.

Im not even sure what to belive at this point.
Thats why this post might seem to be the ramblings of a person who has read to much, and seen to much.

I just know we have past the point of no return.
There is no stopping this from happening now.

Sit back and enjoy the projections that will be comming into full reality soon..
Bottom line, the dark mirror is a stargate.

And there is a gateway in almost everyones home now.
Its going to unleash something that is beyond our own thought patterns. its stranger than we can image.

The scope of this is beyond most human parameters.
the Gates are opening up soon.
And Im not sure if they are going to be real..
Or just projections..

But I do know this.. The way people react will be very real.. And thats where the danger lies.
And it always has.. Projection is a power magick tool.

hope that helps some..
Zy5

[edit on 25-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohh_pleasee
Face it OP, no one wants to hear their beloved favorite past time(unfortunately for most, ONLY past time) talked badly about.

Thanks for the replies,unfortunately that seems to be the case (with the public at large anyway) - I went cold turkey from TV for a year when I went traveling and felt much the better person for it - I also returned to find my mates sat in the same place staring mindlessly at the idiot box.

Don't get me wrong I do like TV (Curb Your enthusiasm is great) but am also aware of the dangers of too much viewing - maybe it should revert back to the good old days when TV programming was only aired at certain times of the day.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great thread OP

Flagged and Starred =)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
TV also creates a weird habitual habit in our minds too. I gave up television when my last set melted down some 4 or 5 years ago. I do not even own a television set (other than I still have one of those little pocket LCD TVs from Casio from like 12 years ago around here somewhere).

Anyhow, I do still buy movies and some TV series I enjoy and watch them on my computer or notebook computer. And this is one thing I noticed, and it still happens to this very day:

For example, I picked up a box set of Star Trek NG DVDs the other day, and while watching these last night (most of which I had seen years ago on television), I found myself instinctively getting up from my chair to go into the kitchen to fetch a snack or drink when the television commercial would have normally come on between scenes/acts. The compulsion to head for the kitchen when a scene would fade out was most weird.

After these last few years, I still haven't gotten over that. I constantly catch myself getting ready to get up for a snack or go out for a smoke break wherever a commercial would normally be inserted while watching television series on DVD. But, what a pleasure it is though to NOT have all those commercial breaks interrupting what I really want to watch whenever I do watch the few shows I have on DVDs.

What a strange phenomenon, conditioning, that must have been ingrained into my brain after all those years spent watching the boob tube laced with commercials that I use to get up leave the room for in the past.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First post ever!

The only internet i have is via my Wii. Which the internet is on the t.v. Now, do i receive alpha waves, still? Or do i have to watch paid programming to get them? Or ends the tv itself just have to be turned on?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Found this link quite disturbing reading:
www.wanttoknow.info...

"It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal."
US Patent and Trade Office, Patent #6,506,148, 2/14/03

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Perhaps the best course of action for all our mental wellbeing would just be to throw our TVs out the window.

If I had one I would!

I haven't had a TV for about 10 years now and don't miss it one bit.

No adverts flashing around my brain, no channel-hopping, no corporate news, no boredom from "there's nothing on".

Just the internet where I pick and choose.

I go to friends houses who sometimes have a TV on and feel like I'm getting "sucked in", literally. If they don't turn it off....I leave. I don't feel I'm being rude but that they are for having it on when I am a guest.

I think I'll find an old one somewhere just so I can throw it out the window.

[edit on 26/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is exactly the kind of technology they implement to screw with peoples' heads. It's in the form of EM radiation, in the signals being sent to your TV, radio, etc., and that stuff leaks when those devices are on even if you aren't watching or listening consciously to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What a great video!

Congrats on finding... S&F!

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
This is exactly the kind of technology they implement to screw with peoples' heads. It's in the form of EM radiation, in the signals being sent to your TV, radio, etc., and that stuff leaks when those devices are on even if you aren't watching or listening consciously to them.

Bsbray11,thanks for the reply

Theres some interesting info on this thread about the military applications of EM radiation,ultra low frequency and very high frequency soundwaves
and their detrimental effects on the human mind/body.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres also a very disturbing phenomena known as
Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS) which was developed by Dr. Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia (US Patent Number 5,159,703) which
can be used to 'unconsciously propagate inducements'
directly into the human brain via the medium of loudspeakers,earphones or piezoelectric transducers -scary stuff

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
An interesting film on the negative effects of watching t.v. That you watch... on a t.v. Weird.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Everyone is so wrapped up in how much the TV can control minds and make people believe in things.

Well....how much time are you spending in front of that computer monitor glued to websites like this one..among others..seeing all those flash ad's go across the screen, watching all those videos, clicking on that reply button?

Are you being manipulated?

You bet you are.

Add to the list...radio, iTunes, mp3's, streams, cell phones, satellite radio, land line phones, even hearing aids.

Guess we should just unplug it all and do without any of it eh?

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

As much as I don't want to admit it.. RFburns is right about computers and other tech. All of this is here to take our minds off how much our jobs suck. How much our lives suck in general, and just how bad we are being F'ed in the A by the government...

So true.. All this stuff is mind control, make you happy while you are here devices..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, I have a habit of having the TV on during the day or when I'm on the computer. Then I become a lazy sack o' crap.
As soon as I turn it off or put on some music, it's instant motivation, like the fog in my brain clears.
Tv can be a great tool for education, but it can also be brain numbing.
The internet is almost as bad, I find myself constantly swapping one for the other instead of getting out into the real world.
Sometimes I think it's an addiction.

Your Brain Waves Change When You Watch TV

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join