It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TV actualy does to your brain.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't watch much tv anymore, mainly because all the stuff they put on these days is retarded.
Does watching video's on the internet do they same thing?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I KNOW how bad TV is for ya, no-one needs to explain this to mua. But---I have some favorite things on it, that I just cannot do without. Like 'GhostHunters', 'Paranormal State', UFO Hunters', and some other educational and fascinating things that cme up on The History Channel, The Discovery Channel, and A&E. Everything else, can go back to H**l from whence it oozed up. However, I was watching a movie on some channel, (can't remember now) and --saw-- a fraction/of/second subliminal ad pop up. This is not the first time I have caught this s**t. I always thought that sort of thing was -- ILLEGAL?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What sort of ad do you recall? Although if it was subliminal then I would guess only your subconscious knows

And yes, I would assume watching videos on the net is the same as watching tv. You still relax yourself and so the brain slips in to alpha.

I think we should all start doing star jumps in front of the TV. This should keep us in beta mode

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think t.v. hinders the developement of empathy. I think that is its one and only purpose. Acting is an imitation of human behavior.. if you were to assume that was what life and people are like who would think that their thoughts and emotions are understandable?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I think t.v. hinders the developement of empathy.

New research studies on children seem to be saying the same thing:

Studies show that long periods of television may hamper development of the pre-frontal cortex -- the area of the brain responsible for planning, organizing and sequencing behavior for self-control, moral judgment and attention.

www.aces.edu...
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A wide ranging discussion about the addictive quality of television, how it distorts perception and impairs thinking, and the implication of ever improving video image technology.
Are we watching programs or being programmed?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The zombie effect is multiplied ten fold when video games are involved.
____________2_________

Wait until commercials and product placement make it into them in a way so we dont think about it anymore....

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have a group of friends that are generally nice and interesting people. Sometimes we all hang out at my place, and sometimes someone will turn on the tv, usually just to see the weatherreport or something. As soon as the tv is on, everybody stops what they're doing to watch the weather report, even though it's not even remotely interesting to them.
After the weather report, they usually leave the television on to watch something else. And one by one they start watching tv, even when nothing is on. They just get sucked into the little box, it's disturbing.

On a sidenote, in this little country of ours we have a sort of soap opera that a lot of people watch. Because it's quite a dumb show, someone thought it would be funny to investigate just how dumb it really is. Turns out that you show less brain activity when watching this show, then you do when you're asleep. Really.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
computer is probably as worse or worser.. depending on how ppl use it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What happened to video? It says it has been taken down

So TV's are really bad for us.....who knew? sarcasm off

Here are a some more info on the topic......

TELEVISIONS BENEVOLENT MIND CONTROL PROGRAM
gawker.com...

UNPLUG THE SIGNAL
www.disinfo.com...

MORE GREEN SCREEN REALITY THAN YOU MAY THINK
www.youtube.com...

I am curious too about computer's comparison to standard television.....

[edit on 29-4-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

They have been putting ads into games for a while now.
$1.8 Billion Dollars projected for 2010 for in-game-ads

People say that games are worse but I bet the neural activity of someone who is playing a real time strategy game such as Age of Empires 3 or Star Craft 2 is a lot higher than someone playing board games such as Monopoly or Risk, Clue and so on...

If you don't play RTS's then you would have no idea what I mean. First person shooters on the other hand you can play in a zombie mode. That's why the Gov will never shut down violent FPS's games because it is the perfect indoctrinate tool to pre-program the perfect little solders. Kill with no emotion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join