It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Enigma Publius

this has nothing to do with win.

how much did it cost for him to build the airplane, and how much will he be chargeing for every ride.

if I had a airplane that could go sub-orbit I'd be chargeing no less than 100k a ride.

i'm sure it cost millions, but that isn't necessarily the point. lookit how fast technology is growing, it's reaching some kind of new level where even the lower branchesof society can get their hands on amazing things, within 10 years, it will be impossible for the powers that be to keep up their charade. The lies will begin tumbling down as we advance in technology to expose what they've hidden.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

According to some people “in the know”, there have been at least 56 different species of aliens already repertoried since the 40s.
There is also a very high variety in the shape of the space vehicles used by them , judging from the pictures all over the net.
This tells me that we’re not visited by only ONE population of aliens, but by a multitude of them. The sheer size of the universe almost guarantees that. They come from all the corners of the universe, and probably visit other habitated planets as well.
We’re probably just a curiosity to them, and they take a field trip from time to time to planet earth just to see if anything has changed in our pathetic “civilisation”.
They have already been visiting us for thousands of (earthly) years.

Actually, it must be quite a lot of fun watching those brainless earthlings constantly tring to eradicate each other over ridiculous things such as religion, power, greed, etc. , all the while procreating ad infinitum, until their planet doesn’t have the resources necessary to support them all anymore. The irony is that they call themselves “intelligent”. Oh well… live & learn… & die.

But during their visits here, why do they crash so much? We know it’s not because they get shot down by our military, because it has been proven that they can disable our weaponry at will. The plausible reason might just be that they are so numerous that the probability of a “distraction while watching the scenery” accounts itself for the seemingly large number of casualities. The videos from the space shuttle and other expeditions where we can view outside confirms the heavy traffic. Additionally, what tells us that the vessels are piloted by veterans with thousands of hours of experience and specialized training ? Why wouldn’t it be possible that space travel is available to each and everyone over there, and that a bunch of youngsters decide to take a booze trip to planet earth once in a while ?

Anyway, what I’m really getting at is that the official UFO disclosure can only be beneficial to the humans. As long as humans think that they are the masters of the universe, they can only continue on their path to autodestruction. The only way to get some humility into them is to show them what they really are, even if it hurts deeply.
Yes, for some it wil be a painful revelation, and as has been mentionned earlier, a rethinking of beliefs and faith. But this is NOT a bad thing. Religion is not a necessity in life, it’s a commodity. The human race can adapt, but only when pushed beyond what they they can accept. Once the population gets over the initial shock, (and they will, don’t worry) things will really start to change. This is evolution.

This disclosure will happen sooner or later. It’s already been 60 years that the government suppresses information about our visitors. This is the time to finally expose it. Way better to do it now, rather than after something bad happens…

Pitstop.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I took a moment (or about a day, actually) and stepped back to review my last post on this thread.

My impression? The discussion has veered off-topic.

AND, I was partly responsible, so I post right now to attempt a correction.

I have earlier posted my opinions re: Possible Disclosure under the Obama Administration. Crakeur has put in his 'two cents', which is a very well-received 'two-cents', I must say.

While not trying to repeat what I've already posted, I find myself in agreement with Crakeur....but as an optimist I like to think there is still a crack in the door.....we just need to find the right tool to insert INTO that crack.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Depends on what is hidden. If you discovered that there is a complete world and traveling system in the earth and many dont like humans it wouldnt excite you too much.... Atleast not me.... I just found site and read through all the places and stories and well.... I pray it isnt true for all of are sakes...

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sugrbare03

sugr....you meant to write, at the end, '...for all of OUR sakes...' --- didn't you?

Well, seems you've stumbled upon a certain bit of writings that posit a fully-operational Underground System of transport....yes, I've read about these things too, and find them to be simple imaginings of very creative minds.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Revolution-2012

there actually IS a project underway to allow regular (admittedly very rich) regular citizens to enjoy a sub-orbital flight.

No denial of ignorance taken.

Obviouslly, making that proposterous claim you deserve to have some ramifications, so take a ye gander at this.

35.9 million people live below the poverty line in America, including 12.9 million children.

www.soundvision.com...

50% make < 30k a year
40% make 30k - 100k.
9.5% make 100k to 500k.

About 55,000 make 1M/yr
About 10,000 make >10M/yr.

answers.yahoo.com...
www.associatedcontent.com...

the ~total american population is

being generous, that deducting that amount of citizens by 80% assumeing that some of the people in the 30k-100k range had saved up enough money for some reason to want to buy a flight to sub-orbit, you'd be left with

~60.1 million US citizens at BEST.

Being literal, most people not wanting to waste their precious paper on a flight to sub orbit, we'll deduct by 93% and get

~15 million US citizens that really have the money to take a flight into space.

Now saying that out of those 15 million most likely a reasonable percentage will want to go to space we'll simply deduct that by a third, receiving.

~5 million Americans.

Given a general idea, there'd probably only be a few airports that held these planes in good quantity, and saying that everyday 500 Americans we're able to go sub-orbit, it'd take 27 years for all of these 5 million people to go sub-orbit. Saying that within 5 years there was advancements and there was now enough planes to fly 5000 people a day, it'd roughly take (this is a guess no math applied to lazy) 7-10 years.

So, now that I have completely dismissed the fact of there being any regular citizen flying in sub-orbit, I will rest my case.

Before you run around blurting facts, SUPPORT SOME EVIDENCE!

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes I did as a matter of fact.... Late and tired... I sure pray that you are correct.... Believe me I would not want it to be true. What about the Montauk project what is your take on that one...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
For future reference.

regular;

4 a: constituted, conducted, scheduled, or done in conformity with established or prescribed usages, rules, or discipline b: normal , standard : as (1): absolute , complete (2): thinking or behaving in an acceptable, normal, or agreeable manner c (1): conforming to the normal or usual manner of inflection

Regular is a broad spectrum to be throwing around, the regular inflection being that of average people.

If you're talking about rich people, talk about rich people. Don't throw around regular, it's too broad of a spectrum and will do you no good when someone like me knows what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Revolution, my apologies if I was not understood in a previous post.

Allow me to clarify, even though it veers a bit off-topic...I will steer back in due time.

There WAS a discussion, if NOT on this thread, then somewhere else, regarding the potential of an 'average' citizen to buy transport into space, even if 'sub-orbital'. THIS is a fact, it is well within reach of very rich individuals, since Sir Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin Airways, is trumpeting the concept...and none other than Sir Stephen Hawking, famous physicist/author and fellow at Cambridge is scheduled to be among the first passengers in this endeavor. (sorry, I don't know how to spell 'physicist')....

I believe I understand what I think I said when I attemped to comprehend what 'revolution-2012' tried to convey.

Actually, I don't know how this topic veered so far astray. I think it's merging with others that I've been reading, so it may very well be my fault.

Nevertheless, I hope that in inspires continued discussions.

Because, IF this new American Adminstration can potentially break through the veil of secrecy that has shrouded the 'UFO Files', for want of a better phrase, for over fifty years, then it should happen NOW, in the 21st Century.

I will harken back to a few of my earlier posts, pointing out the perils of too much information, too soon (I particularly refer to the analogy of giving a loaded gun to every child in a school yard, without proper training) and I stand by that concept.

To expand --- IF certain aspects of our current World were suddenly given all the secrets to Nuclear technology, what do YOU think they'd do with that knowledge? Do you SEE the problem???

I'll try an example, from the past. The modern horse was NOT indegenous to North America. The species was introduced, originally, by the Conquistadors, the Spaniards. THIS was after Columbus' time. Not long after Columbus' discovery of the 'New' continents, many followed. Spain, and Portugal, at that time, happened to be the best navigator of the Seas, so they came, and brought the horses.

I will fast-forward to the expansion of the United States, as we now know them, and the suppression of the Natives, as they were called. Because, the Native Americans learned to tame and ride the horses that inevitably migrated up from where the Spaniards and Portuguese left them, after bringing them from Europe.

Think about it....from the 15th Century to the 19th Century! 400 years, give or take....average Human life is, then, 50-60 years...think about the generations involved, and the lore and experience that could be handed down. Not to mention, the generations of the wild horses that were left behind, to thrive in a new environment.

OK, tying it all up....this is ONE planet, where we've seen in recent history, and pulling together snippets of past history, how simple Continental incursions have resulted in incredible devastations, and tremendous alterations of ecosystems, because of Human intervention...although unintentional.

THIS is why there MUST be a strong directive to NOT INTERFERE with others, even as we attempt to expand into Space.

Unfortunately, this basic concept is not, yet, a Universal idea...and that would seem to be why a sufficiently advanced society, who understand these principals, would be reluctant to convey their technology to us, quite yet.

Again, would you give a schoolyard full of kindergardeners the keys to a nuclear bomb?????

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That is a HUGE point u got there....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Once again you say 'average'

These a rich people, not 'average' people.

Please refrain from classifying rich people as average people, how they act and what they do has nothing to do with the classification of an average citizen, an average citizen makes less than 50k a year and is incapable of affording space travel period.

Alas;

In mathematics, an average, or central tendency [1] of a data set refers to a measure of the "middle" or "expected" value of the data set. There are many different descriptive statistics that can be chosen as a measurement of the central tendency of the data items.

An average is a single value that is meant to typify a list of values. If all the numbers in the list are the same, then this number should be used. If the numbers are not all the same, an easy way to get a representative value from a list is to randomly pick any number from the list. However, the word 'average' is usually reserved for more sophisticated methods that are generally found to be more useful.

The most common method is the arithmetic mean. There are many other types of averages, such as median (used most often to describe house prices and incomes). [2]The average is calculated by combining the measurements related to a set and to compute a number as being the average of the set.

and

1 a: a single value (as a mean, mode, or median) that summarizes or represents the general significance of a set of unequal values b: mean 1b
2 a: an estimation of or approximation to an arithmetic mean b: a level (as of intelligence) typical of a group, class, or series
3: a ratio expressing the average performance especially of an athletic team or an athlete computed according to the number of opportunities for successful performance
— on average or on the average : taking the typical example of the group under consideration

If you we're to say the average high-class citizen, then you would be more on track.

Thank you, and please do not refer anymore to these people affording space travel as 'average' alone, you need to be specific or else I will continue my debate.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Please, 2012, re-read my third paragraph.

But, thanks for your attention. We are, however, off-topic, and should refrain from further disussions that are not pertinentent to the stated thread topic.

Thanks, again.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I like to think there is still a crack in the door.....we just need to find the right tool to insert INTO that crack.

Any ideas about where that crack might come from?

An enlightened humanity?

The incredible POTUS?

A foreign country that spills the beans like China, France, Brazil, India?

Friends in high places?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Brazil, China, France....in that order.

My prediction.....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
I hope this will actually happen but I am not holding my breath, even if he really does mean to open the files on UFO and other things there are those within the government who don't want it and might do something to stop it.
Lets hope not but this is starting to remind me of JFK ...and we all know how that turned out....

Well lets think of it like this. If anything like that was to happen again then I hope to 'not' see all Americans just sit on their arses and put up yet another horrendous act.

I doubt anything will happen to Obama on those lines as for that to happen again it would cause people to totally go against the government and demand that everything is locked down.[ Well I would hope that is what intelligently minded people would do] So I doubt anything like that would happen. Still I think you will see some officials up their in high places trying to make Obama look bad and hence making people hate him. Still I think Obama is to clever to allow for that to happen.

I highly doubt they will just allow anyone to see the files though. Plus you really think they would just allow you and I to see stuff they have kept hidden for many years? Yeah, I sincerely hope they do but its a long shot!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A thought occured to me. Well, actually it is a reoccuring thought I've had for a while.
Our Governments still have a tendancy to use technology and resources as a means to keep their status ABOVE other nations. Now, unless they ARE planning to release this info at a time when they usher in a single world government, I would expect that the first nation to officially disclose everything they have on the subject would get a "leg-up" on the rest.
Unless all of the Governments have the same understanding of the same tech.
So, since no Government has, of yet, officially disclosed everything they know, I am left assuming that they ARE in fact waiting for a time when they can usher in a single Governmental Body for the entire world.
That being said, it should happen very soon. My guess would be with this Global Economic crisis.
They will continue to take down the markets and even flat-out destroy their own Nations so they can consolidate power...
Of course this is all dependant on the idea that they know anything in the first place, but I firmly believe that they do.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo

I dont see how alien disclosure has anything to do with religion. Wars would not stop because of alien disclosure... religion would not weaken because of alien disclusure "God created the universe so He created aliens as well"... please explain me the complete theory on how alien disclosure would affect any religious matters?

(ps. there are more religions at war than only christians and muslims )

of course religion would weaken if there was disclosure of aliens...

god said we shall rule the earth for millions of years...blah, blah, blah.... now aliens come down with their far superior technology, obviously man isnt ruling the world anymore. our place in the universe would change drastically.

christians and muslims are obviously only for examples. thats the problem with this place, everyone takes everything word for word and refuses to look at them as a generalization. its like, when people come on to this site, all logic and general ability to reason goes out the window.

not every religious person knows script word for word. if aliens were shown to be true and real, religion would lose a ton of credibility. not every christian is 100% a believer. a majority of them just go to church to fit in and make their wives shut-up (dont ask me for proof)

take it a step further, im sure the aliens, if they are traveling to different galaxies, also have a better understanding of how the universe works and how it was created. which would also take away from the religious nuts of this world.

its not rocket science that religion would lose alot of credibility if aliens were proven to exhist far beyond what we know.

and god created the universe in 7 days right?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
there not going to release any new info. obama is no different to any other president he just happens to have dark skin. if they didnt release credible evidence on the existence of ufo's or aliens or whatever, they will not do it now.

they have too much to loose. u guys need to wake up. the government will never give u anything, people have been loosing and had things taken away from them not handed back to them. if we want something we need to take it. what do u think all the conspiracy is about? its not about giving things to u its about taking things from u. dont believe them dont trust them as soon as u let your guard down that when they strike.

all u positive thinkers keep hoping and praying that u haven't been living a lie, but the reality of life is that things are getting worse not better. its not a conspiracy its reality. just look around.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i think the way they will get out of this one is the fact any definative proof of alien life or existence would be a national security issue.

problem is its not just americas secret to tell, it is a worldly issue. there could be a huge backlash from other countries that are also keeping this secret.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wheazy

wheazy, welcome to the asylum!

While you seem to have a bit of the sense of what is really going on, you also have an ability to express yourself somewhat better than others, so it's good to see your contribution!!

Just to summarize: We have seen, in previous posts, that even the POTUS does not, apparently, have sufficient 'clearance' to see what has been noted as so far above 'top secret' as to be almost stratopheric in its nature.

I've been thinking about this for some years, even BEFORE I discovered ATS. To imagine that the President of the USA (POTUS) would be denied access is almost unconscienable. It tends to defeat the 'stated' purpose of the CiC, when in fact, the current Commander in Chief is viewed by others in the Government warrens and rat-traps of secrecy as just a figurehead.

This BS must STOP NOW!!!

Based on my studies I have determined that this trail of lies, and treasonous activities, snakes back to somewhere around the Truman Administration. Eisenhower inherited it, and did nothing, except for a veiled warning in his famous 'Military Industrial Complex' speech.

Seems, despite the obvious animosity of the incoming Presidential team after Truman, Ike learned a lot during his four years. Perhaps he had a change of heart?

'Pomp and Circumstance'....the Presidential music. Well, I will say that those words are prophetic, at least they have been so far.

Having written all of these words, I still invite readers to see my previous posts, to fully consider exactly what the consequences of 'disclosure' may mean to our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join