It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The president does in fact hold the highest level of security clearance in the land.

Apparently, this is not the case.

The problem is if our highest elected official is denied access to classified material, it weakens our national security. A sitting president has got to have access to all available information in order to create policy that is in line with the facts of the situation. If the president is denied critical knowledge of an issue because of security clearance they may make a grave mistake in the commander in chief role.

Need to know basis is how I would imagine these things are discussed.

I know it was just a movie but, if you will recall, there was a similar situation in the movie Independence Day. The president had no clue about area 51 and the aliens being held there. I would imagine this is pretty much the case within our government. Some things the president cannot know, some things he should not know.

Bottom line is, if he is allowed access to our nuclear arsenal, given the codes for launch. What could possibly be denied him? And if he is indeed denied access to information in this area, what other area's of information are denied him? Who if not our commander in chief is worthy of this sensitive information?

where did I just read how the President cannot launch nukes without two other military men present. Who carries the football? Who carries the codes.
The split in control is done to avoid a madman as much as to protect the military and other such secrets.

Thank you for clarifying your statement.

no need to thank me. I love hearing myself talk (type??)

The last administration greatly expanded the powers of the presidency, it would be wise for the current administration to take the initiative of these newly garnered powers to perhaps promote a new era of disclosure. But if it is true that even our president is denied access to any sensitive information for whatever reason. It could make the case that disclosure in this area might not be forthcoming because of national security concerns. Which in my opinion itself reveals a lack of national security.

I'd love to see Obama take advantage of the way Bush et al abused the white house. I'd love for Obama to use his time in office to show the world excactly what Bush was doing and to use this as the reason why we need to be involved and aware of almost everything. Thus, he has an excuse for disclosure and other such things.

Of course he won't do this. He's probably still trying to figure out where Bush hid the dead fish or poop. Such a practical joker that Georgie.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This also says something else, that the President isn't chosen by election or the electoral college, but someone else chooses the president, and how long he will be in office. It would be impossible to know that you were a "temp" president. If Carter knew he was only going to be in office for 4 years and they weren't going to show him everything because he was a "temp" what does that say about our democracy?

What it says about our democracy is that it is all smoke and mirrors, a sham. Obama was not elected, he was selected. The president is just a temp. There are lifers in government that really run the show. They do not answer to anyone. These people have been power for decades. Guys like Donald Rumsfeld have been around since the Eisenhower days in the 50s.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I understand and agree with your point Crakeur, however every now and then a generation can witness a revolution that will change everything.

Obama might not change anything, but you can at least agree there if there will be a chance for change this new president and his administration are the ones we have the best shot with…

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

on the contrary, I think he's going to change lots of things. For better or for worse. I just don't see how he will crack the clearance for something like aliens and ufos and, if he does, I don't think he will tell the people the truth.

For starters, I firmly believe that the general public couldn't handle a presisdential address, broadcast on live tv, where he says..

"yes, we have aliens visiting us. some we've met, others we haven't. we don't know the full reasoning as to why they come, but, we assume, they are studying us as we would study another life form should we find one out there."

telling the public we are not alone will satisfy a small group. The two larger groups that would be impacted by this are the believers who are realists - they'll say "yeah, of course there's life out there."
The other group are the ones who don't believe. These folks will be questioning their faith, their belief systems etc. The devout followers of the bible will be forced to confront the issue of whether or not their book is real. What if, instead of the son of god, jesus, it turns out, might be the son of some space sailor from a distant planet? How can you go on tv and announce something that might cause millions of people around the planet to start over with regards to their belief system?

Disclosure will come, I think, when we are visited in a manner that the public cannot be shielded from witnessing.

Sadly, I have a feeling it would be more along the lines of an aggressive show than a friendly star fleet stopping in to get drunk and mess around with the local women.

If we were studying mars and we found civilizations there, would we just land and start chatting them up or would we watch them, observe them, learn about them, try and figure out who is in charge and then, maybe, we'd come to their top hierarchy to say hello. Probably done discretely to avoid any turmoil on their home turf. Same should be assumed for anyone visiting us. The friendly aliens wouldn't just show up and say "take me to your leader."

How do they know we won't fry them.

Hell, if they read half the posts in the aliens and ufos section they might turn around and run for their lives. Everyone wants an alien head over the mantle.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I know it was just a movie but, if you will recall, there was a similar situation in the movie Independence Day. The president had no clue about area 51 and the aliens being held there. I would imagine this is pretty much the case within our government. Some things the president cannot know, some things he should not know.

Exactly... please do not mix fiction with actual events or procedures.

In the movies they also say you need someone to be absent for at least 24 hours before calling the authorities... I was corrected when a family member was missing and thought I needed to wait.

Mixing fiction with facts is not something ATS or even you as a representative should even hint at. Sort of devalues your message in my view.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Successful disclosure is something they have been working on vigorously for the last few decades. There is a reason that you see more and more UFO stories in the MSM nowadays. The reason is that the PTB eventually will reveal something of what is really going on.

Slowly ingrain it into the minds of the masses that we are not alone. Give out proof of life on other planets as microscopic bacteria, that way the average person can grasp the thought of a more complex life form being possible. Then when the timing is right and people are properly indoctrinated in the idea that we aren't alone in the universe then you can spring on them the news that yes this government has been contacted, yes we are in communication.

Then those that are too entrenched in their own personal core belief systems can more easily grasp the understanding that we are not alone and that it's ok.

Yes humanity is a violent species. Even after full disclosure I don't expect that the next day ET will be walking around main street side by side with humanity. It will also take time for the masses to get over their xenophobia and be able to comprehend the idea of living outworlders among us.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

I wasn't mixing fact and fiction. I was using a movie as an example of how I see this situation.

shall I repeat this. The movie independence day was a movie, is not real and the characters in that movie are all fictional.

the concept of the president not knowing the truth about area 51, as told in the story, could, actually be based on some truth or could be more accurate than one might think.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe not only does the president not know, maybe generally they don't want to know, and are perfectly happy not knowing. Maybe by knowing that if they know, they might risk knowing too much, they don't even ask. Or perhaps they are advised not to ask, or maybe they are just lied to if they ask and say it's all a bunch of baloney and it's all just our military experiments, and maybe some is and some isn't. I guess for now we have our imaginations. But here's my vote for disclosure

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You had all better read Whitley Streiber's "2012" before you go asking for full disclosure regarding UFO'sa Alien lifeforms, etc. In an of itself such knowledge would be the greatest thing since bread. however, there could be some real meaning to the term "you dont wanna know...." and "ignorance is bliss"!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I hope that he doesn't bail on this decision.

Alien Scientist posted a great video on you tube today, It delves deeper than I could, and even provides a letter in the description to write to President Obama.
I love this guys videos.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The problem I see with this is.
There is some things that are so classified.
They don't exist.
Therefore where do you actually have them released from?
They are files that don't exist, stored in places that don't exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been reading many of the comments on here about Obama expanding the FOIA. Most of the comments have been negative or pessimistic that Obama will or can do anything.

I know it's been a long time, some of us longer then others, that UFO files and reports have been held by presidents and the government all the way going back to Harry S. Truman's presidency.

I know we've been lied to, ridiculed, made to look like jokes, but I believe the UFO community has a bright future under Obama.

Obama is... not one to look away from the truth. I don't believe that he'll have files blacked out so we can't see them. I do believe he wants those of us who have been waiting for this to happen to have the information we've been seeking.

I'll say this: I do believe the government has evidence that extra-terrestrial life is elsewhere, and that they are in contact with them.

I do believe that under Obama's administration we'll see a new clarity of understanding with UFO files.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think it's awfully cute that people believe Obama has all this unprecedented power. He doesn't, and your dreams of disclosure will soon dissolve.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Got a feeling they won´t release the juicy files with clear evidence.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
has no one stopped to consider how dangerous this could be for us? Stephen Hawking was totally against the idea of sending out a probe telling other alien races how to find us. it's irresponsible. we have no reason to believe they would want anything to do with us, or they would have anything to gain from us. mamals find a natural way to coexist in their enviroment. humans do not, we exhaust one place, and spread to another, i would say that more like cancer or a virus. i would imagine that we are quarantined, yes they have visited, and basicly decided we need to be left in the dark from an entire UNIVERSE until we can at least come together globally.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

come on you dont know that. for all we know we are just as evolved us they were when they lived only 10000 years on their palent...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes, we need to be able to trust but that trust must be placed where it is earned and belongs. After so many decades of this corruptive behavior in our highest and most critical places, this behavior is becoming an accepted norm taken for granted in our social context like walking and the sun coming up every day. As truth in our endeavors slips away from us collectively and we embrace ignorance and a preference for the shallow and mundane, it is destructive and it will lead to ruin for all including those addicted to power, control and secrecy. However, their addiction will not allow them to see this.

If we want a true republic that is for the good of all and future generations, then we must fight for it or loose it. Right now there are truths of no doubt great importance regarding our greater planetary environment that are being denied us even though those truths are our property and ours by right of law and Constitution. Right now some smaller part of our population focused mostly on self and regarding us a merely cattle and a financial and talent resource is gaining control of us and positioning themselves as intermediaries between us and any greater environment. In their addiction, no amount of power and control will ever be enough and so we will all increasingly become prisoners of their addiction to the ruin of all.

Think about it. If there are others out there who may wish to make contact with us or at least be resigned to that as inevitable, who do you think they will wish to make contact with? Would it be with a few holding billions in a prison of ignorance or directly with those billions free to collectively decide on their destiny? Put yourself in the other fellow's shoes. If you were an alien, who would you place more confidence in on our end, the will of the few or the will of the many? Conversely, if some few here addicted to power are making contact with aliens, what kind of aliens would bother with such contact and who do you think is likely to get the favorable outcome?

You've seen in the Mars imaging that truth is in short supply and comes only when a mistake in obfuscation is made and, when it comes, it is usually the exact opposite of the official position. You've seen that it is the same with the Moon imaging. Now you can see representative samples of the same thing even in Earth imaging. It is a clue to connect the dots. It's up to you. On this the new President's first day in office, there is a change in the American people as their will, often thwarted, has now put a new team in power charged with being the point of real change. That has reverberated around the world encouraging millions and billions watching us here in the USA. If we let up trying to leave it to just one man, it puts that person at increased risk by making him an increased target (cut off the head & the rest will die) and the momentum will risk being lost defaulting us back to the old failed ways waiting in the wings to pounce on us. Your job and mine is to see that this momentum not only continues but increases as we via our increasing numbers pressure our media and leaders to engage truth and particularly space exploration truth. Our most immediate goal is to force the release of the real satellite imaging data hidden away in secrecy some where. It will contain all the truth we need for this moment in time.

from marsanomalyresearch.com
i think he is quite right, and it gives much to think about it. Here's
the link to the report that contained the aboe text.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23

come on you dont know that. for all we know we are just as evolved us they were when they lived only 10000 years on their palent...

of course i don't know that, but reason would make it seem likely.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

more likely then not...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the US government will never let facts out even if B.O. pushed hard for complete public knowledge,"President Obama has decided to act quickly and decisively in instructing all adminstration officials to take action to implement principles of Open Government and Transparency. In the case of classified X-Files dealing with evidence of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, Obama’s Memoranda will make it easier for the release of such files in cases where national security is not compromised. The consequences of the release of X-Files of different government agencies and military departments will be momentous if they confirm that extraterrestrial life is visiting Earth."

any knowledge of encounters will still be classified as being a danger to the public,any level headed person would take the news in and be ok with it,its the other 50 percent you have to worry about,would they loot,cause anarchy,lose control of their beliefs,go even more insane?thats why it wouldnt work for everyone to know even though we have a right to know.even if a UFO landed on the white house lawn ,roswell and the thousands accounts of encounters would still be covered up to protect people,the human race as a whole isnt civilised enough to grasp the idea of meeting aliens,when there is still wars going on,crime,murders,killing of wildlife/animals is it any wonder the goverment hasnt released any information,humans at this point in time are not ready for the responsibility of even knowing let alone interacting and evolving.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join