It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Video - No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
I aggree that racism is racism no matter what. But this doesn't sound like racism, it sounds like affirmative action. I hate it and think you should be awarded jobs based on the best price and best work. That is what drives people to better themselves. If you missed the bid because your price was too high, then next time you might bid lower. I am aware of the real world situation where a black lesbian in a wheelchair has the best chance at gettting any government bid reguardless of price, and I think that needs to change. My idea is to stop welfare al togeather and educate the inner city and poor country folks with the money that was for welfare. Then create jobs in the US doing all the things we are subbing out to other coutries. Just think of the pride that would be instilled in people if they actually earned their money instead of having it handed to them. And the ones that don't want to work, will go hungry or get a job. The folks that are disabled will have social security and possibly a subsidised pension. Manditory millitary service for all (min 2 years). There. Now vote for me.

(BTW, I meant no offence to any with my comments.)

I fully agree that folks on welfare need to get off from it and get a job. I have folks down the roda from me living on welfare riding around in new cars yet we working folks cant afford it. Yet folks on welfare have there rent payed for them, they get food stamps, they get a monthly check to pay the regular bills, and they get free, fuel, yet us working folks have to pay through the nose for all of that. No wonder I cant afford a brand new 2009 car. I know what its like for construction workers my husband works doing roofs. And he has to put in bids for the jobs. If his is the lowest he gets the job, but then he has to pay his folks less pay then other people would. And we also get left with less at the end of the job. And lately we are lucky to get 1 roof a month to do. The economy is just really bad for everyone. Why say white construction workers shouldnt get a stimulus check they work as hard as any one else does. And at least there not living off the welfare system.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW
White male construction workers were in the same boat as minorities are in today. They usually end up being homeless alcoholics and drug abusers that dropped out of high school. Juveniles and convicts. Prison boys. And in todays world making way too much money for the work in which they are supposed to be conducting. Most of them are slackers. They slack around the job sites pretending their work is valor. Often times you might find them drinking beer and smoking on site. Not much to call work. I'm all for barring stimulus money to these white male construction workers.

I've drank on the job before. I smoke on the job. You judge people too much. Get a life. You're the type of person who mistakes assumptions for facts and then acts on them. I don't recall money being given to people just because they're more thankful. Fact is (i'm canadian by the way), america was built by blacks and whites, and most people up here generally see mexicans as kind of mooching off the years of hard work their ancestors put in to built sucha great country. Mexicans are not as justified as whites or blacks to reap the benefit that is america, and people who are more entitled are less thankful, because they've earned what they get. I guess that's why I think being thankful is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
~REPOST from similar thread~

If reverse discrimination becomes the modus operandi in the new administration, it will anger many white males and perhaps create a civil war as the International bankster elite have planned all along. Divide and Conquer alive and well. Whites far outnumber blacks or other minorities and are very well armed. Caution!

I have faith Obama is above this kind of discrimination though the jury is out. I am more concerned about who is attempting to 'INFLUENCE' Obama. Will have to wait and see. He should be well aware that this kind of policy will ultimately SET BACK gains in civil rights.

Personally, I see more latinos than blacks or whites in the construction industry. As long they are legal and do a good job, so be it. Dark complected peoples tend to tolerate working long hours in the sun anyhow. Their skin pigmentation tolerates the sunlight more than whites though the opposite is true in cold weather. Whites tend to tolerate the cold much better than people of color. Regardless of the science behind skin color, if a man, regardless of color, decides he is fit and willing to perform the tasks at hand inherent in the job and are qualified to do so, he should be given the chance to prove himself on the job.

In my experience, ones 'Attitude' is very much a determining factor as to whether or not they get the job let alone keep it. Some blacks in America need to 'check' their attitude and stop assuming everyone is out to get them. Just perform the job as you're hired to.

I've managed many peoples in the past and more than often the whites and latinos would complain that a black worker was not doing their part of the job when a collective effort was required to complete the task. After investigating the matter, I found they were usually right. ATTITUDE. No one owes another 'anything' and no one gets 'special' treatment either. When one has a job to do, just do it and don't complain.

When one isolates themselves from the others, they truely ISOLATE themselves and become their own worst enemy.

Anyone who thinks a policy of reverse discrimination will work is a Fool. It won't work.

Race should be taken off the employment applications since it has nothing to do with Performance or qualification. Ones skills, experience, education is of importance as well as their performance while on the job.

If this offends anyone here, perhaps you need to 'CHECK' your attitude.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Fact is (i'm canadian by the way), america was built by blacks and whites, and most people up here generally see mexicans as kind of mooching off the years of hard work their ancestors put in to built sucha great country.

America was built buy every race, color, country, from all over the world there is everyone blood on US soil.

America was called "The great melting pot".

But if you truly look at how America was founded it was stolen from the native Americans, ethnic cleansing so to speak.

Who doe the US belong to? I guess whoever can manipulate the masses the easiest.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Man this just breeds more racism :\ I am Black and I hate affirmative action, its insulting.

BTW America wasn't built by just Whites and Blacks. I am surprised you even said that, did you know our Canadian rail roads were built by Asians?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by lawlb0t]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

strange, I asked about that in this thread and so many people thought I was wrong.

Then again, many people in this thread don't see any racism, reverse or otherwise, in the video in my OP.

What ya gonna do?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

THANK YOU!

I am thrilled someone caught that!

IIRC, wasn't the Civil war about State's Rights?

Ohio unorganized miltia warns US senate of coming 2nd civil war

It appears we are right on track for history to repeat itself.

Gee, that has never happened before.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

Great point many seem to forget that a free market is what made this country what it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've been in the construction business for years, both in NY, OK, and CA. In my experience, the job does NOT go to the lowest bidder, or the most qualified bidder; it goes to whoever has the most influence...who knows who. It's all politics out there, especially when you involve state & local governments. The good 'ol boy system is in full effect out here. I think that is what this guy is trying to say, and avoid. Good Luck...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

There is no reverse racism in what he said, you need to stop blowing things out of proportion (a famous line used when discussing racism). I mean jeez, white folks in this country have a leg up and EVERYONE white on this forum is reaping the benefits of your own skin color, if your white then YES you have an advantage on the other ethnic groups. What the problem is that no one wants to admit..because its 2k in America and we have a black prez..
Skin color has nothing to do with equality. It's all about having good work ethics, some marketable skills, and the intelligence to apply them. Sadly, God didn't make us all equal. Some people are smarter, some people are stronger, some people are more athletic, etc.. If we were all truly equal, there'd be no need for affirmative action or Equal Opportunity Employment laws now would there?

If someone considers themself your equal, why in the World would they need to ask for "A leg Up" on you when competing for the same job? .

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

So..

They want to create construction jobs... ok.

They DON'T want Construction Workers to work on these jobs.. um?

They WANT blacks, hispanics, asians and women to work on these jobs, assuming I suppose it doesn't conflict with the second point.

Hey.. Mr. Obama..

How about you just give all the Blacks, Asians, Hispanics and long term unhirable unemployed Women out there a check for $80,000. It will save thousands of lives lost when bridges collapse, buildings burn to the ground, etc etc, because you focused on hiring people who know nothing about construction to do these jobs!

Simply appalled by the comments. I think I am actually mostly concerned that they don't want professional builders of any race to take the jobs, they want bag boys, waitresses, office assistants etc to take the jobs building our infrastructure lol.. just wow.

[edit on 1/22/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well. I am Mexican so I am safe. So 'booyah' to all you white losers.

Seriously. If that's what's going to happen? They're going to pay stimulus only to black construction workers? Well I'll just take advantage of that simply by setting up a "Kool-Aid" stand at every construction site I come across on the east side of town. And advertise, saying that if you buy so many cups of kool-aid? You'll receive a coupon book full of coupons for use at KFC. And also advertise saying that I will donate a percentage of my profit to the United Negro College Fund.

When life throws you lemons? Make lemonade! Or in this case? Kool-Aid!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is exactly what happen with the housing market they forced the banks to give loans to the minorities under the threat that they would be called racist and now this. How can these people in congress decide that they are only going to help the black inner city workers and to heck with the rest of us... reverse racism is alive and well in congress and with our president.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Is this not just amazing? These liberals never learn do they? Do they not remember the Zimbabwe farmers that were kicked off their land for social return over worker skill? What is that anyway? Social return? Sounds like a free ride to me....

The idioligy here is just amazing! So its no longer a good thing to have skills, be white or a hard worker any more?

These people want a civil war this is the way to do it because us skilled white workers have most of the guns and we know how to use them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I saw this on another site.

I expected him to say, "Hey, I don't have anything against white male construction workers. A lot of my friends are white, male construction workers!!"

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

OMFG this guy is totally insane. A little bit racist, so what? Right?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I suggest that a pointer to this video be sent to those in the media that will expose it for what it is. People like:

Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Ann Coulter
Glenn Beck
Michelle Malkin
Bill O'Reilly

Sunshine is the best antiseptic.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Why isn't anyone upset about the second part? The part where they want to bypass the State Legislatures, in some slick way, and mandate to the States what and specially WHERE to spend these funds regardless of where the States think will get the biggest bang for the buck. They are seriously trying to be a State of their own.

I'm not sure this is constitutional and I'm not convinced this will fly as long as people pay attention. That's a big IF cause they're probably right about people being distracted...

Not Constitutional.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

DUBBED ! Obviously. And WDF !! @ Everyone Who's Going On And On About The Vid. Damn. Even Tho Im Inclined To Believe Obama Is No gOod, This Video Is Jus Horribly FAKE. And Again, Wdf ......Just, WDF ..At All the Ppl Who JusT Sit There, Consuming These Poisoned Food For Thought's and Actually Think There Getting A Good Meal. Mc.Donald Salad On an italian Plate, An You Guys Wouldnt Know the difference. By The typing of Some Of The Post'ez, I Can Assume That They Are Well Educated Adults. i Am In No Way Bashing The Ppl Who Lick Their fingers at The Bull# Ppl Dish Out, But This Video ...Jus Needs to Be Removed. It Takes Away MAJOR Credability From The Site.

P.s ^^ I'm net illiterate most of the time. Hope you get the message.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How can one NOT interpret this as a racist remark?

There have been many racist remarks / actions throughout the Obama campaign / administration. When people keep identifying a race by the colour of their skin, we will continue to have racism.

Why can't we all just accept we are HUMAN BEINGS?

We all sweat, cry, and bleed; we all have emotions. But people are fueling racism by making stupid remarks like the person in the video did (or even Reverend Lowery's speech). Heck, even celebrating the first BLACK man to become President is subconsciously fueling racism. Why? Because he isn't the first HUMAN BEING to become President. Once again, you are labeling a man by the colour of his skin.

Let's face it, racism will still exist no matter what. I'm VERY SURE that African Americans didn't enjoy it, so why make other races endure a new age of civil arrest?

P.S. I'm sure a lot of you are going to comment on how "blacks" (ugh..labeling a race by the colour of their skin) should take pride in having "one of their own" (I swear, if you're actually thinking this, maybe YOU ARE RACIST) become President. I believe people should embrace their HERITAGE (not to be confused with race). EX. Where your ancestors came from, their traditions, celebrations, etc. But when you are celebrating a skin colour, you are somewhat fueling racism. We need to get past the walls of race, and embrace being HUMAN BEINGS.

Friendly discussion encouraged.

/end rant

I want to thank ATS for giving me a place to get this off my chest. THANK YOU!!! ;D

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join