It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Video - No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Zerbst

Hi Zerbst, I am so sorry for your loss,
What a beautiful tribute you posted, like I said on another thread under this same topic, construction workers are a special breed of men.

My husband has had many injuries, we are getting old now, his hand are gnarled and scared, and arthritic, his knees are worn out, but he loves the work, and I have never, never heard him complain about going to work,

[edit on 103131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Thank you very much, Stormdancer. Losing him has been devastating. When I see insults and stereotyping, whatever the context, it reaffirms just how confused society has become. Why can't people see the damaging effects being created by separatism and segregation that are pushed on mankind? If only people remembered how they once thought for themselves. There are only negative results to shutting others out, while inviting them in brings enormous rewards!

I too have worn myself down in my trade and at age 40 feeling every bit. Your husband's not alone for sure. My best to you both!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75
Hey guys, i really just have to vent here. I am white, male, and straight and self employed. And not proud or ashamed of any of it, it's just how i was made. Is it just me or does anyone else feel somewhat, i guess infuriated, and almost offended at what i've been hearing, after all this talk of change, and how race no longer is an issue. How the hell can we move beyond it when they keep shoving it down our throats. When are the masses going to wake up to this divide and conquer nonsense. Probably never.

I'm starting to think maybe we should require schools teach starting with kindergarten:

a. Race should never be an issue
b. Politicians should never be trusted
c. The President will never be your savior

Now there would be tax dollars put to good use.

our children where we live are taught this and we are multiracial and also considered poor by national standards, Rock Island Illinois, two, if you trust a politician, and not the honest man appointed to a public office you will always get taken over the coals, third, The president as commander and chief of our fighting men have provided our freedom to become whatever we have chosen in life, even more human to our diverse brothers and sisters that also by the way eat food and wear clothing like we do

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

I too have worn myself down in my trade and at age 40 feeling every bit. Your husband's not alone for sure. My best to you both!

Hey ya Zerbst, we are both 58, he can still keep up with guys half his age

God bless ya

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I feel your pain, but imagine being 16 in a ghetto knowing that the only way you were going to get out is to sling dope or pimp some neighbor girl, steal, or run with violent bangers for protection for your working mom and kid sister. I know these people and they want a way out man, if you honestly think our problems compair to theirs , live in watts, or right here in downtown RI. most of these white construction workers would come out wearing a dress.

drink your beer, I will have a swig myself, but we all need to ground ourselves and just once imagine the pure fear and feeling of absolute loss of faith in life itself these kids are going through, imagine that life , imagine being 8 years old being kept awake at night cause your moms hooking in your living room, worried shes going to get killed or od some night and leave you alone in a world most of white people cannot or would not even want to survive in. Its really real, it is really real. A daily wonder if your going to wake up the day after, and not being able to shut your eyes cause your too afraid of what may come.

CIAO

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTANWOFOLLOWER

Hey there, Illinois here too.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hey Neighbor, howdy and all that, glad to see once again the world is becoming smaller...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I can relate to that too, I live in the inner city, see it everyday.

The jobs are gone, the factories are gone,

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Im not trying to spam the forum by the way , but I wanted to say one or two more things before going to bed, My father was a world war two veteran who always told me one thing that I carry with me every where I go, and I live by it

We Don't Choose or Parents...

Think about it, it is the only difference any of us really have between all of the rest of us, and it is out of our control. therefore, be kind.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I haven't heard many people talk about what this "social justice" is doing to this and the next generation of children. Most public schools are teaching white kids how horrible their ancestors were and how much evil was involved in the growth of America. Of course this part of American history needs to be taught so we don't repeat it. Put yourself in the shoes of a class of 2010 white kid who's parents happen to be struggling to find construction work even though they are highly skilled. You are denied financial aid for the local community collage while illegal immigrants receive discounted in-state tuition. To an angry teenager who has seen opportunity pass him and his family by because his skin is the wrong color, the past will not matter. What's wrong is wrong. SOCIAL JUSTICE=RACE WAR. There will be some type of neo-neo-nazi movement soon brought to us courtesy of the DNC.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is nothing, you guys get worked up over any little thing. They are just saying that the jobs need to be designed to hit everyone. Most people do not work in the construction industry, and so to create jobs in other areas, it is going to be tough. This has nothing to do with pushing out the whites, no matter what, whites own the construction companies and white will get the lions share of the money. So relax boys, your world is not coming to an end. I'm an artist, paint painting that sell in galleries and my world crashed over a year ago. The gallery industry is frozen and we artist and craftsmen are all dying out here. But there won't be any help for us, we just sell pretty things. My hope is that the rich and upper classes start spending, yet I'm poor, so talk about a catch 22 in what I wish for in order to make a living. Life isn't supposed to be fair, we all need our stresses to tackle our karma, so we all got our bitches.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

everyone should recieve help to lift up everyone, initial sacrafice = great future for our childrens children, mad teenager, works a couple of years and saves money, been there , did it, not everything can be a hand out from mom and dad, or uncles, uncle sam were talking about , right...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

From one starving artist to another, bullseye buddy!!!
is it me or is society backwards these days?
I mean come on we are artists, our heads are suppose to be in the clouds, and here we are fighting for truth and justice

PEACE

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTANWOFOLLOWER
Im not trying to spam the forum by the way , but I wanted to say one or two more things before going to bed, My father was a world war two veteran who always told me one thing that I carry with me every where I go, and I live by it

We Don't Choose or Parents...

Think about it, it is the only difference any of us really have between all of the rest of us, and it is out of our control. therefore, be kind.

I hear you, and my dad is also WW2 vet. He always taught me, that these people in Govt are all full of (you know), and just want to exploit the little guy.

I guess that kind of stuck with me, but yeah you're right we should also be kind.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

sometimes the bigger man isn't that big, and the world in general right now is upside down because people forgot how nice it was to live in the world that was polite

I definetly agree with your opinion

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think this has been a very civil topic, with all of us sharing and respecting oneanothers feelings on the subject.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That is a really awful reality that you describe, and believe me when I say that I have been around the block more than once and I have seen some pretty awful stuff in my day. My life hasn't been all Sesame Street and Sunday picnics I can promise.

The question is Who or WHAT do you blame in that situation? Is it cultural? Is it genetic? It isn't specific to blacks or hispanics only... because I have known many white kids that came up in similar if not worse circumstances.

Imagine being a kid and getting beaten within an inch of your life four days out of the week and going to bed at night starving and wondering if your alcoholic mother is going to burn the house down while drunk or get murdered by her own violent psychopath husband. I knew kids like that. There are millions of them out there who fall right through the cracks.

Things are tough all over. There comes a point when you have to stop making excuses and do something to improve your lot in life. Not saying it is easy, but allowing yourself to continue the cycle of doom and failure is a guaranteed one way ticket to a life of misery and hardship.

The issues I think that many people of different origins and backgrounds have toward each other are the misconceptions and stereotypes. I try and judge people as individuals and on their own actions ..but I am as guilty as anyone else of falling prey to stereotypes.

The fact is that by and large people are people and pretty much the same no matter what they look or sound like. The problem is we are all fighting for survival and quick to take sides based on the most basic and primitive connections. Race, region and religion.

If those three characteristics were removed from the equation and everyone was just equal human beings we would find that we are all a lot more alike than we are different.

We all seek out and enjoy the same basic things in life. Laughter, music, family, love, comraderie. In this day and age things are not really even about race, they are about economics.

The haves versus the have nots.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
oh by the way, i am only an artist because my dad said he had paid our whole families bill on the army's bs list, he didn't want me to continue the traditional military fellowship,
He did come to my graduation and did cry when I got my degree in Architecture from Southern IL

That was all worth it all to see that tough son of a BIT..H cry out of pride because I actually had two tassels that day, one for graduation and the other for honors .

Bless him, now hes gone, but not forgotten...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
That was beautiful, and loved reading every line and word of what you wrote, now the drink is on me

To answer your question what is to blame is selfishness and fear

That is my answer, and I owe you one more beer...

I find your response intelligent and thoughtful, I agree about the good and the bad things,
I guess if you had eliminated all the bad

We just could call this heaven, especially if the beer is going to be free...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh just give the little guy some platform shoes and a booster seat and he wont be so angry anymore!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It is all about fear...I agree 100%.

What can I say. These are some awfully frightening days we are living in...but who wouldnt be fearful right now? I miss the 90's when the worst thing you had to worry about in life was scoring a fat dime and kicking butt at Techmo Bowl.

Have you ever caught yourself wondering when the last time was that you smiled? I dont smile very much these days. Life has gotten way too serious since becoming a responsible adult and all.

Sorry to be off topic, just suddenly feeling nostalgic about the pre-9/11 years. I feal bad for the ones who are too young to really have lived back then. Such a simpler world by comparison.

The good old days

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join