It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Enlightenment is Dangerous!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus_Fallen
The simple fact of the matter is this: classical monotheism (E.G. Christianity) is antithetical to the key principle of enlightenment; which explains the fear-mongering mumble jumble in the OP.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Icarus_Fallen]

Christianity as it is, is nothing more then Paulism. And if you read the Bible Paul was only asked to stop butchering Christians, nowhere was he given permission to undo the Gospel of Jesus. as per a wall or some place people shouldn't go, that is the drop off between Gnosticism and the Conventional Church. Some people cannot handle more then a simple rendition of reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
In any stage of enlightenment, one shouldn't go into a stage of it without being ready. Skipping steps is problematic and dangerous. It is from within that you get guidance on whether you are sufficently prepared or not.

If your guidance is telling you not to proceeed at any given point, then heed it, and take it as it is- a message meant for YOU, right NOW. The loss of self consciousness is a major step, and does have it's risks to sanity. Listen to your highest guidance within.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
He who talks, does not know.

but then how is any one else to know, if know one talks of the "sacred enlightenment" how are we to learn. I know we all must do this our selves but Ive learnt a lot from others who are further to enlightenment than me.

Why do Zen masters have students if no one is to talk of this?

I know absolute enlightenment can NOT be put into words its just a knowing, but to not actually talk about its journey seems just not helpful to me.

Maybe he who does not talk just does not know!

Enlightenment is not some esoteric stream of "Knowledge" beaming into ones head, it is more like a focused awareness. There is only now. You are awake, but also truley aware. Talking only disturbs this awareness.

You can learn just by watching a competent teacher. Easier said than done, I know. So just breathe, stop thinking, and for once just watch, observe life around you. What does it tell you?

....it is a search for a mindstate. Zen for example tries to bring it about through sudden or abrupt logic changes, or even randomly stiking students( hoping on a random enlightenment). But in reality, you just need to wake up. It is far easier to find this mindstate by actually seeing someone in this state...the subject is so big, humans have made religions about it and still failed.
edit on 9/6/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: In nothing we trust
The Tree of Life

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaPoint
There is a mystery of God... akin to cross the line from "I am a child of God" to "I am God".

Theosis is man's true purpose and goal.

How we get there is a whole other story.

A wise man once said, "My heart is not proud, my eyes are not haughty. I do not aspire to great things or matters too great for me. I have stilled and quieted my soul".

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's not dangerous. It's protected

What you are describing is the process of catharsis and purification. It's meant to burn away pain. And side effects of pain such as fear

If it is dark, it hurts, and/or seems dangerous, that means it is working

What is it you are afraid of within it?

If you are blameless, you can't be faulted. So be blameless. Atone for things you've done wrong, how you can. Apologise to those you've hurt, or at least learn to forgive yourself if you can't

Make peace with yourself and the world, and it will cease to feel dangerous

The only mystery there is to learn is that you, yourself, are the only knowable truth, so you need be true to it

Alternatively, you can walk the path of order

There are two paths you can walk. The path of order, or the path of love

The path of order is centring yourself amongst the workings of the world. Government, Religion, Politics and anything which sets the world right, so your place can be right within it. Love, Respect and Honor your place within the world and those within it, and it will be as kind to you in return as it can. This is the easy path

The path of love is centring yourself as your place within this world. This path is much harder

Some actually need to die in order to follow this path. With them the serpent is literally born inside their body (pineal) and coils around the spine

This path generally destroys those that follow it. But it also gives something back

For most people in this world, it is the threat of death that makes life great. But with this path, you die and are stripped of mortal fear and then must learn to love life anyway, even when you don't feel it

Eventually, you burn through to the other side over time, to find a far greater light and love. One that you can literally feel glowing and radiating from within you

One that others around you can literally see and feel emanating from you

It's like being turned existentially inside out. Being ripped across dimensions is physically, extremely painful

This is true "enlightenment"

There are very few of those ever in this world. But everyone is capable of it. With enough time
edit on 1 6 21 by Compendium because: Correcting mistakes

(post by MessiahBuddhaSavior removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nonsense, I was born to extraordinarily favorable conditions and have become more than anybody ever told me I can be. You should reword your post that MOST shouldn`t try to do these things, not ALL.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Odysse

I don't agree. Our spiritual nature already exists in a state of perfection. The point of existance in this realm is to experience that perfection in our physical sensations. Until we have completed that task we cannot pass the gate that no man can pass. Emotions of the self will block that path (obviously what OmegaPoint experienced thus his/her warning).

We cannot truly know forgiveness until someone takes away our greatest treasure. Thus God made this universe for us to experience truth in our sensations. It is not a maze that we should seek to escape.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Our spiritual nature simply sees what is......it is all seeing.....all knowing.

What appears is the movie of life (Maya).

In later Vedic texts, Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][3] Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting that which "is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal" (in opposition to an unchanging Absolute), and which "conceals the true character of spiritual reality".

en.m.wikipedia.org...(religion)

The seeing aspect is always the same...it is the appearance which constantly changes.

It's just a case of misidentification.
Are you what is seen or are you seeing what is seen?

edit on 5-7-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wisen Heimer
The realization that you are God only comes through the realization that all is one and equal. That should be the ultimate goal of human evolution. Living one and equal.

I know that I am God, but I also know that this universe is me too. That nothing is seperate. By suppressing or hurting another life, I am ultimately hurting and suppressing myself. All is one as equal. This is basic spiritual knowledge. The crown chakra you speak of is supposedly the door into another world or rather a new state of being. Once beyond the crown you can never return. That is what it means to ascend. You can only do that once you have mastered the reality you live in and all the mysteries of self in this reality. Not an easy task to say the least.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

👆 (in bold)

When you say never return, does that mean you die in the physical realm?
What happens physically to a person that finally transcends?

Many Thanks
FA

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Enlighten me, sensei. I'm positive the other side is baffling and terrifying. What do you want instead? This? That's more horrifying.

Most people I know who were lucky enough to live well into old age welcomed death with open arms. Obviously, the younger folks were sad to see go without fully experiencing whatever this is.
edit on 5-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

The realization that you are God only comes through the realization that all is one and equal. That should be the ultimate goal of human evolution. Living one and equal.

I know that I am God, but I also know that this universe is me too. That nothing is seperate. By suppressing or hurting another life, I am ultimately hurting and suppressing myself. All is one as equal. This is basic spiritual knowledge. The crown chakra you speak of is supposedly the door into another world or rather a new state of being. Once beyond the crown you can never return. That is what it means to ascend. You can only do that once you have mastered the reality you live in and all the mysteries of self in this reality. Not an easy task to say the least.

👆 (in bold)

Many Thanks
FA

The real you was never born......so cannot die.

In ancient Latin the word persona meant "mask." The word also can refer to a character played by an actor. While a persona is not considered a lie or a falsehood, its meaning implies that it is only part of the truth. Like all masks, there is "real" person beneath.
www.vocabulary.com...
edit on 5-7-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'd tread carefully to speak about such matters with confidence. We're all in the dark here.
edit on 5-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that enlightenment has nothing to do with God or God's whatsoever?

I thought it was more about self reflection, to highlight all your flaws so you can work on them? And practicing being in the present?

I'm ok with the concept of spirituality, just not Christianity or any other religions in general.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Isn't it possible that enlightenment has nothing to do with God or God's whatsoever?

I thought it was more about self reflection, to highlight all your flaws so you can work on them? And practicing being in the present?

I'm ok with the concept of spirituality, just not Christianity or any other religions in general.

I can get along with that line of thinking just fine.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

👆 (in bold)

Many Thanks
FA

The real you was never born......so can not die.

In ancient Latin the word persona meant "mask." The word also can refer to a character played by an actor. While a persona is not considered a lie or a falsehood, its meaning implies that it is only part of the truth. Like all masks, there is "real" person beneath.
www.vocabulary.com...

No riddles please. What happens to a person on earth, that finally transcends?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Do you have to practice to be present?

There is only now....what is happening is present always.

There is nothing separate from what's happening......so who can reflect on what?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
Watch "You Are Dreaming: Never Born, Never Died"

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Do you have to practice to be present?

There is only now....what is happening is present always.

There is nothing separate from what's happening......so who can reflect on what?

I'd urge you to reflect on your own words. You've never experienced "now". Nothing is immediate. Time is a distance equation. It's possible time is an illusion, we're all nodes of the same being, and we're experiencing ourselves. *shrug*

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join