It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did not vote for Obama, and do not agree with him, but I pray he is an amazing President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Just wanted to start a thread that I think those that support and oppose President Obama can agree on. I did not vote for Obama, and I do not think his policies will help the economy. HOWEVER, I have never in my life hoped more that I am wrong. I sincerely pray that President Obama does an amazing job.

As they say, you respect the office and not the man. Well regardless if you respect Obama or not, everyone should agree that we should all pray and hope that he does a great job. And for all those like myself that don't agree with his economic policies, I hope we are wrong!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I accept your opinion, I see in many videos how he lacks the seriousness he should have as a president. And he wasted some time with that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Understandable. However, the circumstances that this country is in cannot handle a bad presidency or failed economic policy. So I hope he does well. Politics should be put aside and people should pray he does well. You don't have to like him, or agree with him. But you should respect the office and pray for his success.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I also wish him success, the world economy is now in his hands, and hope that all steps taken are successful.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Agreed. I remember years and years ago seeing an interview with someone talking about the social security crisis looming, along with medicare, medicade and an unsustainable national debt. Basically they feared what it would look like if it wasn't dealt with. Sadly we are in those times now, all while adding in a horrific global recession or depression.

Scary times.......

Someone on CNBC today made a joke that the reason the markets were down was because when Barack was sworn in, he didn't walk on water. An exaggeration of course, but does point out the incredible hope people have that he'll do well.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi Johnny,

For now I will just sit back and watch this magic lantern show
As this new actor does seem to be able to act and remember all his lines

Now what's that saying again ..oh yes !!!

"If voting could change anything it would be banned "

but don't let this stop us from enjoying the new actor in the new movie show .....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
Hi Johnny,

For now I will just sit back and watch this magic lantern show
As this new actor does seem to be able to act and remember all his lines

Now what's that saying again ..oh yes !!!

"If voting could change anything it would be banned "

but don't let this stop us from enjoying the new actor in the new movie show .....

Funny! Well from that perspective, lets hope that the script writer does a good job.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Yes I agree. I hope that Obama is the best president ever. Thats what we need right now. Our country is in terrible shape and we can not afford any screw ups.

I hope and believe that Obama will do a great job and be just what the United States needs to get back on the right track

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Only time will tell. Then there is the question, does the policies that bring us out of this cause even bigger problems down the line?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what side of the fence you come from, you have to hope Obama is a good president... To hope he's not is tantamount to wishing for the destruction of your own country.

IRM

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't think he'll be in the top 4 presidents ever, but if he can pull this off, he can definitely wedge himself in the top 5.

The good news is that he seems to be more centrally defined than he was during the campaign. Unfortunately, he's a party player through and through, so this was to be expected.

Best of luck to him though. And good riddance, Bush.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I hope he'll be amazing as well.

Your economy is going to fail. Even Obama can't change that.
So I just hope he'll be the 'father' guiding you through the hardships that you're about to face. Softening the blows and giving people hope to rise up in a few decades.

Do realize he's been backed up by the big companies, so he first has his responsibility to them, the people come second as always
. There are just too many gears in the machine to let one change all.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
I hope he'll be amazing as well.

Your economy is going to fail. Even Obama can't change that.
So I just hope he'll be the 'father' guiding you through the hardships that you're about to face. Softening the blows and giving people hope to rise up in a few decades.

Do realize he's been backed up by the big companies, so he first has his responsibility to them, the people come second as always
. There are just too many gears in the machine to let one change all.

Well, if you are right, which you very well may be, it won't just be the US economy to fail. It would be a global collapse with very few being spared.

Obviously at this point there is only so much that can be done. I think some policies may be able to soften the blows, but alot of this just has to run its course and work its way out.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
He is the President and deserves all of our respect as he tries to turn the country around. We have multiple political parties but only one President.

top topics

join