It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Literally Skips Off The Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It looked to me like the object was mostly completely burnt up by the sun and what actually flew past the sun after the "skim" was some left over debris and a whole lot of blaze that was blown off of the sun from the impact of the object. Long sentence... Or maybe not because it appears suddenly, hits the sun and then disappears suddenly once again.

Looked like a disc and seemed to be moving from behind to the front of the sun. I have no idea...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If this really is something "anomalous" and not a simple solar flare or other kind of solar activity (some of which we still know absolutely nothing about) then perhaps it also has something to do with the recent decline in solar activity that also coincides with the yet unexplained continuing degradation of the heliosphere which surrounds our solar system (not to mention the continued weakening of earth's magnetic field).

I mean it's probably a long shot when you think about it.
There is probably all kinds of bizarre, rare solar activity that simply goes undetected or occurs within the sun itself (much of which is unobservable anyway obviously). But it is interesting to contemplate that IF it were some kind of deliberate attempt by some form of intelligence to decrease solar activity, thus potentially weakening the heliosphere that protects us from deadly cosmic radiation, then what would be the overall goal of such an endeavour.. Because only one thing comes to my mind.. And that is that it is deliberately being done to weaken the heliosphere and cause it to fail completely (which would of coarse "cleanse" and/or kill almost every living organism in this solar system unless they are intelligent enough and technologically advanced enough to prevent such cosmic radiation from killing them).

I mean we would have to live underground basically for the rest of our existence... Unless, of coarse, we were to figure out a way to "re-ignite" the sun and artifically increase solar activity again (sort of like in the movie "sunshine")..

Pretty wild to think about when you consider all that.

-ChriS

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Originally posted by easynow
isn't it kinda impossible for something to bounce off the Sun ?

i am sure that whatever did come that close would be vaporized.

i think it's something shooting by in our atmosphere and has distorted the picture making it appear as if it hit the Sun.

But isnt this footage filmed from space with the SoHo or some other sun research satelites ?
I doubt this is an amatuer video and the people operating it now nothing about what they do.
That is just my spin on it. Like with ufo's, people take for granted that trained pilots just knows how planes look like from the inside, since that is where they sit all day.

it say's unregistered Hyper Cam and it shows a Logo of a News chopper so No i don't think this is from Soho or anything like that.

if this is just a regular Camera here on Earth then this video is B.S.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wow! It's even got Phage stumped! A genuine mystery. The problems I have in accepting it at face value are size and speed both of which would have to be phenomenal - not too mention the heat that something that close would have to tolerate... Surely anything would vapourise that close to the sun.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
CLEARLY this is an alien vessel fueling up on solar plasma.. Cool video!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not sure if any "object" near the sun could ever approach the same luminosity as the sun, especially after having passed through the corona into the much cooler surface region.

There would be variation in brightness at least.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by zorgon

Perhaps out sun is being used as a part a transportation system.

A real star-gate...

Nassim Haramein theorizes that our sun is indeed being used as a transportation system. Fast forward to 1h:30m of this video and you'll see him showing a clip of what he believes is two spaceships using the sun's sunspot as a slingshot:
video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Forget all the other stuff....I wanna know where the craft is going and where it is coming from.

Maybe our solar system is on the side of the interstellar highway and thats why we have 57 species of ETs recorded??

Cool vid tho, that thing is going hell fast.

Lets all point our cameras at the sun now.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Looks like heat haze to me, you know the kind you see on hot tarmac, the kind that makes the sun look likes it's wobbling at sunset. lol, it's unbelievable what some conclusions people come up with.

[Edit]
I was also thinking that it could have been filmed onto analogue tape rather than onto a digital format, you see those flickers on old tape recordings all the time.

[edit on 21/1/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm a bit concerned at how few people appear to have ever seen the sun set...

This is simply caused by the light passing through various layers of atmosphere causing the light to 'spread'.

The sequence is actually played at a much faster rate than the natural sun rate of sunset, so it appears as a flash, rather than a longer lasting effect.

Check out the many small images of sunset in various stages here:

epod.usra.edu...

Can you see anything similar??

Ken Lobb

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Very nice footage....

Obviously a comet, Johnny reported a similar event a few months back..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice find there OP, S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this was just an asteroid or something, the percieved size is probably due to the fireball and "tail" from the material combusting/changing to a gaseous or liquid state therefore making the object appear much larger? As for the skipping effect, gotta consider factors like the amount of energy and matter released from the sun that would impact on the object.
Also pretty sure that theoretical space-flight and orbital mechanics allow for an object accelerating into a large bodies 'gravity well' to "skim" the surface of the solar atmosphere increasing in acceleration, then assuming that the object has enough momentum and the correct trajectory it should overcome the gravitational pull through increased/sustained acceleration breaking free from the sun or its orbit.

Sorry to disappoint folks but this is far more likely a freak occurrence than it is a UFO, any physicists out there to confirm this?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Originally posted by LeTanA solar flare? Can a magnetic field make it dart across the sun in a straight line like that? Seriouse question, not trying to sound smart or anything.

I wondered the same thing myself. For a solar flare to be pushed out and pulled back in would create an arc shape, like so many solar flares that we've seen picture of. I would opt for video artifact/light refraction caused by the atmosphere.

But if there are examples on the SOHO site which show a similar straight line I'll be happy to review my opinion

correct,solar flares follow the magnetic field lines,they do not travel in hoizontal planes across the suns poles.
solar flares radiate directly outwards from the location of propigation,they do not propigate towards or across the sun.

not sure what this is at all,if we had a time code we could deduce how long it took for the object to travel the distance.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Looks like heat haze to me, you know the kind you see on hot tarmac, the kind that makes the sun look likes it's wobbling at sunset. lol, it's unbelievable what some conclusions people come up with.

[Edit]
I was also thinking that it could have been filmed onto analogue tape rather than onto a digital format, you see those flickers on old tape recordings all the time.

[edit on 21/1/2009 by spitefulgod]

heat hazes do not exist in space where thier is no air to create a heat differential leading to differential in the airs optical refraction index.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
A fascinating clip. Thanks.

Personally not sure what it is and without a timecode imposible to tell what speed etc it is traveling. Assuming it is not a trick of the light or some other illusion then whatever it was was able to withstand temperatures of 5500c and escape a gravitational pull 28 times stronger than that of the earth.

I'm no Physicist but I reckon that means it have been traveling with considerable energy/momentum to re-escape the pull of the sun.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Centurion Round-Robin

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Cant be a solar flare since Im pretty sure its obvious that this video was being filmed with a regular camra here on Earth. I dont believe you can see solar flares from a zoomed in camra pointed at the sun.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The Sun looks like it's setting, so it could be an atmospheric effect or lens artifact (or combination) similar to the blue/green flashes seen briefly when the Sun is setting.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Star and flag from me.

If the object did indeed skip off the surface of the sun, and the sun [on the surface] is burning at about 5800 K whatever it was it sure a lot of heat resistance if it literally did skip off of the sun. To me it looks pretty odd as it skips off the sun, right as it does skip off you can see a bit of the 'plasmic' trying to follow it right as it's leaving [not to sure how to say it, though I think that maybe close enough?]

So I'm wondering if the object was on fire while it touched the sun and if so shouldn't it still be on fire (Then again it seemed to be moving pretty fast - wonder if it moved fast enough to dissolve the flames?
-Headscratcher- on this one at least for me..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join