It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Black... So What !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, first he's half-cast. And whilst I do think he was the better to person to win, I do agree they need to drop the race issue.

He shouldn't have won because of his race, and so he shouldn't be pointing out his race so much in his victory...

And stinkhorn....theres plenty of absolutely dispicable white parents as well....so much for deny ignorance...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by StevenDye]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Ye cause that was a clever remark from ATS's very own racist

seriously man grow up

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn

Just curious... was that meant to come off as self righteous? or racist?

Sometimes it is so hard to tell...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Sounded very racist to me

and no need for it really

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You slam me for being off topic. HIS father dumped him, not me. You deny your ignorance if you do not look at statitics in the black community.

I am not saying anything racist, just truth to power.

The topic is about him being black, my post merely stated that he was raised by his white mother more than his black father. I dont care what color he is, he was my senator from IL, he did nothing but show up to work, he voted present more than 50% of the time.

Would anyone be making such a big deal if he were of chinese decent? The chinese came to this country and had to put up with racism, they labored til they died, they were beaten. Quit denying your ignorance please!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think the problem is that many people forget or do not realize that it has not been that long ago since Jim Crow was abolished. It was less than fifty years ago that people who were born, lived, worked and died in this country were not afforded the simple respect of being able to walk through a front door of a business where they spent their hard won dollar. They were relegated to the back door. They were not allowed to try on clothes before they bought them and had to drink from a separate fountain labeled Colored. They could lose their lives if caught drinking from a fountain labeled White. Most people when they hear about these things think that this was something that happened a very long time ago and is ancient history but it is not. It really is recent history and many people carry the memories, the scars and the pain of the injustices that they had to endure. It is an unbelievable occurrence for them to see a person become President today that less than fifty years ago would have been killed if over heard by the wrong people to even say that he wanted to be President one day. This is a day of awe, wonder and renewed hope for many people that have been disenfranchised. I am hoping that once the realness of this miracle begins to sink in that things will start to move in a more forward motion and that this will always be a day to remember and a day to catapult us forward.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Food for Thought: He's not the first black president, he's the 44th white presdent... His father was black but his mother was white. Why does everybody miss this point?

He has not only turned a blind side to his racial make-up on his mother's side and treats that he is half white as something to ignore or be ashamed of. He also gained his Presidency in part because he exploited his racial make-up from his father's side.

Wake-up people, he duped those who voted for him based on race. He has been elected the first MIXED race President of the United States. Why is the majority so ignorant to this. Shame on Obama for for rejecting whites and exploiting blacks for his personal gain.

One last note: If he ran for office claiming his mother's racial make-up and denying his father's, he would have been touted as a racist and ostricized. I'm so sick of double standards in this country, we're all the same, or, are we?

-Doc (I don't have an account but I post as Doc)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Until the day that a person is looked at as just a person based on their merits there will always be a race issue in America. Heritage is good, but when I walk into a room I do not think, well there are 3 black, 2 Spanish, 4 Asian and 11 white people for all I see 20 people peroid.

As long as people on both sides of the issue continue to say things like "I'm black" or "he's black" we will always have a rift.

It is funny how an Alien invasion would unit everyone under "humans" and what color you are would not matter, finally.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I am confused as to why everyone is referring to Obama as black and an African American. Isn't Obama just as white as he is black? Should he then not be referred to as a European-African American or Bi-Racial?

I sincerely wish that we could all stop being Hyphenated-Americans and just be Americans.

The more we "celebrate" our differences, the more we become of aware of them. Let's celebrate being Americans, one people, one language, one common goal: "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness ".

You should be ashamed of yourself if you voted for or against Obama based on the color of his skin.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
-MLK

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Sums it all up perfectly

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
just a reminder he's 1/2 black.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
CUT...
And it doesn't matter what color they are....if he were white, green, purple or brown....CUT...

Well.... I was with ya' up until you typed "purple"..... I could care less about this color thing. Really annoying. I'm so over this race thing... Well..... OK.... I really wouldn't like to see a "green" President. Maybe it's a good thing that Obama being "black" has become a major issue..... don't want no green or purple Presidents in office... black is good.... or white..... yellow..... red...... no green or purple.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

There's bound to be a segment of the population screaming about alien discrimination. Even if they're using blasters to melt our brains I'm sure it'll all be our fault for polluting space or some other junk rationalization.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Clinton was the first black president. That turned out to be wrong no doubt.

Obama is the first black President. This too will turn out to be wrong for Obama is the first MIXED President. Though even that fact could be argued as well.

In reality, he is just another President who has been elected to look after America's interest not just the interest of one race. Therefore, his race is of little importance beyond the title of being the First whatever race you deem him to be.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by jam321]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
don't want no green or purple Presidents in office... black is good.... or white..... yellow..... red...... no green or purple.

Haha....you raciest, you!!!!

Ya never know....ever watch Star Wars????

~Holly

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

probably.
seeing as how there haven't been any chinese presidents.
not many chinese politicians either.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
what strikes me as odd.
well, maybe not, this is america.
is that someone would have a problem with people celebrating his presidency.
to you it may seem "a bit much". but, to others it is a signal that the jim crow era attitudes are being put behind us.
if you haven't had the unfortunate experiences of others than i guess it's not such a big deal.
like it or not, times are changing and for one day to celebrate that fact is deserved.
when i read some of the comments, my immediate thought was:
"if you don't get it, you never will".

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Clinton was the first black president. That turned out to be wrong no doubt.

Obama is the first black President. This too will turn out to be wrong for Obama is the first MIXED President. Though even that fact could be argued as well.

In reality, he is just another President who has been elected to look after America's interest not just the interest of one race. Therefore, his race is of little importance beyond the title of being the First whatever race you deem him to be.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by jam321]

What if Obama had white features instead with the same genetic makeup he has now? Would the world still see him as a black man, and would he have the rock star status he now holds?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It has been a ceiling that is broken. I think part of it is celebrating that he is not from a privelaged white family that has been bred and raised and educated to be a privelaged world leader. His father was an immigrant from a small village.

yeah, john edwards also came from a poor family, whats the difference? Obama's wife made like 300k a year and he's a millionaire from his books.

There is such a thing as being on the opposite side of racism, and it's still racism.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join