It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haaretz scrubs story on IDF impersonating Hamas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
And one more thing... the MSM here in the US kept referring to Hamas as a "Terrorist" group. But here is the wiki definition of Hamas: "Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist paramilitary organization and political party which holds a majority of seats in the elected legislative council of the Palestinian National Authority." Most of us here in the US are pretty stupid when it comes to middle east stuff. Honestly when they were calling Hamas terrorists a few weeks ago I had to stop and think.. "Wait a sec? I didn't think Hamas was a terrorist group" and had to ask my dad what the deal was. (Im only 23, and don't do much research on this stuff and even though I watch a lot of news here they never really talk about this stuff.) Just goes to show how much the media really is trying to hide the truth and bend it so that people go along with what is happening. If they would have said that Israel was attacking a democratically elected political party there may have been more eyebrows raised and questions like "Why isn't this problem being solved politically". But if they call them terrorists nobody cares... they think.. "Kill Obama.. er I mean Osama!" (hahaha.. had to throw that in there)
Anyways... There should probably be some more research done on this topic, because if this is true and Israel has been posing as Hamas it changes everything on what has happened in the past 3 weeks. Even I (I dont agree with the existence of Israel) think that Israel had some right to go in and take out "Hamas' ability to shoot rockets", but if they were shooting them at them selves...... Well... Something needs to be done. Minimally, inform the public what is really going on, so we can stop this before they do it again.. on a bigger scale.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Any group, person or thing that goes against our powers that be is now called a TERRORIST. You might be a terrorist if you publicly speak against power and authority! Hamas is a product of Israel made to take down the PLO.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum

Any group, person or thing that goes against our powers that be is now called a TERRORIST. You might be a terrorist if you publicly speak against power and authority! Hamas is a product of Israel made to take down the PLO.

Yes, Did you see Ron Paul say that on the floor? Hahaha.. that was great. But still... Al-Qaeda can easily be called a terrorist group, but not Hamas... its like calling the US gov a terrorist group... haha..... you get my point tho right?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by danman23
Yes, Did you see Ron Paul say that on the floor? Hahaha.. that was great. But still... Al-Qaeda can easily be called a terrorist group, but not Hamas... its like calling the US gov a terrorist group... haha..... you get my point tho right?

I'm not sure what Ron Paul said on the floor that we are talking about here? I remember that the other day he mentioned that Hamas was made by Israel but I don't recall him commenting on "TERRORISM" per se? When I talk about the Israeli connection to Hammas I am first going directly to an article I read in the Jerusalem Post titled: Olmert, Netanyahu clash over Hamas and Golan Heights In the article Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said to reporters in a public argument...

"Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom," he said, adding that the current political situation in the Palestinian Authority came about "because of the nonsense that was done while Netanyahu was prime minister."

There is much more but this direct slip connects Israel to Hamas. There are numerous articles, statements and various media clips that all collaborate the relationship. As I believe you noted Ron Paul referenced this reality in Congress not so long ago!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well... Using the brilliant logic demonstrated in this thread.

Israel created Hamas.

Hamas is really undercover IDF.

Hamas fire rockets at Israel.

Israel leveled Hamas.

So... Basically nothing happened? Israel fought itself?

Seriously guys...

Is there any threshold for accepting allegations?

Is there any limits on wild projectionss based on those allegations?

From my viewpoint it's the goofy/sloppy bases of this type that damage the crediblity of those who would confront the behavior of the state of Israel.

Did anyone think to contact the reporter?

Sometimes, it's good to get it straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Well... Using the brilliant logic demonstrated in this thread.

Israel created Hamas.

Hamas is really undercover IDF.

Hamas fire rockets at Israel.

Israel leveled Hamas.

So... Basically nothing happened? Israel fought itself?

Seriously guys...

Is there any threshold for accepting allegations?

Is there any limits on wild projectionss based on those allegations?

From my viewpoint it's the goofy/sloppy bases of this type that damage the crediblity of those who would confront the behavior of the state of Israel.

Did anyone think to contact the reporter?

Sometimes, it's good to get it straight from the horses mouth.

You almost have all of this correct and your intellectual powers are about that of a 15 year old boy. Over time you might develop mental powers like the X Men provided you eat your veggies.

There is no point in repeating everything is there? You have stated your view and I have stated mine. I decided to allow the Israeli PM the honor of letting the cat out of the bag. You don't want to discuss the reasons since you are here like Hamas is there. Gaza represents more land for Israel and due to its prison camp like setup clearing house would be easy except for the entire would expressing condemnation. A villain was manufactured to justify military incursions.

Now, if you do not know how something like that is possible then you are ignorant or you do know but post with the ulterior motive in mind being an agent provocateur. Still the comment by the PM is not deniable.

PAX

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Of course IDF personel would by posing as Hamas militants. It happens in every war. If you want to send people behind enemy lines, it's a good idea to dress as them.

What they were doing is another question. Were they sending rockets into Israel? Or just gathering intel?

All special forces do this. It's almost SOP for war.

They could be attacking their own guys to make it look like Hamas in order to further the possible coming war.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Hey there Magnum.

I'll take that as pretty much you have no real interest in the pursuit of the truth.

15 year old?

Is that all you have?

At least GrimReaper called me 'ignorant'!

Reach way down deep and give me something with a SIGNIFICANT negative emotional attribute.

Sorry to be so annoying... Some of us come off that way, when we are trying to get the source of the vindictiveness...

Or heaven forbid... (gulp) the facts.

I'm sure it's probably just me... But I thought my suggestion about pursuing the AUTHOR of the original story... MIGHT buy back just a little tiny bit of crediblity.

I mean after all... THIS IS ATS.

Have you even LOOKED at this site...

A LOT of original people are dragged back to this site.

Let's hear what she has to say about the story!

All you have served up to this point is something that would have to be a WHOLE lot better just to be considered conjecture.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Hey there Magnum.

I'll take that as pretty much you have no real interest in the pursuit of the truth.

15 year old?

Is that all you have?

At least GrimReaper called me 'ignorant'!

Reach way down deep and give me something with a SIGNIFICANT negative emotional attribute.

Sorry to be so annoying... Some of us come off that way, when we are trying to get the source of the vindictiveness...

Or heaven forbid... (gulp) the facts.

I'm sure it's probably just me... But I thought my suggestion about pursuing the AUTHOR of the original story... MIGHT buy back just a little tiny bit of crediblity.

I mean after all... THIS IS ATS.

Have you even LOOKED at this site...

A LOT of original people are dragged back to this site.

Let's hear what she has to say about the story!

All you have served up to this point is something that would have to be a WHOLE lot better just to be considered conjecture.

As I stated your post was rather immature and I asked you to restate it so it could be discussed in a logical way. You chose to make yet another off topic post and as I said I will now just ignore you!

PAX

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

My suggestion was to contact the ORIGINATOR of the story...

You SOMEHOW consider THAT off topic...

AND an honest observer might point out you just seem to be only interested in keeping up your anti-Israeli tirade... than getting to the facts.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Hey dude... yeah your right.. she should be contacted. Stop with all the laughing faces though.. it does look immature.
The fact that hamas was created by Israel is known to be true.
Is Israel impersonating Hamas? Thats what this reporter is saying.
Is Israel shooting rockets back into Israel to give them a reason to attack Gaza? Not sure.. it is plausible though.. there is already evidence they are impersonating Hamas and there definitely is motive.
Is there a way to find out... maybe...
Anyone want to do some hardcore research??

[edit on 19-1-2009 by danman23]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Laughing faces... they are a matter of subjective interpretation...

Me... I have a GOOD time!

If you look for ANYTHING beyond that... you would be barking up the wrong tree.

(Maybe some of you guys should try it? )

Kudos to you DanMan23 for summarizing the facts.

And relating the true import of what is known... and what is conjecture.

Thumbs up baby!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks danman23 and TheStev for addressing my question about the odd typographic. I did wonder if it might be a Google caching thing. You seem to have solved that mystery, TheStev.

It goes without saying that such false-flag activity would usually not reach the pages of an Israeli newspaper, so this example of rapid after the fact censorship is interesting.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Excellent investigative work guys... if it was up to me i'd create a thread in the research section titled something like "2K+ Israel false-flag activities" and brand you all "scholar" for copy and pasting your work there. Matter of fact we should make such a proposal to ADVISOR.

The more i read about Hass, the more i am convinced this woman is a truly courageous saint. Two books of hers i have just put on hold through my library:

* Drinking the Sea at Gaza: Days and Nights in a Land under Siege (Owl Books, 2000) ISBN 0-8050-5740-4

* (with Rachel Leah Jones) Reporting from Ramallah: An Israeli Journalist in an Occupied Land (Semiotext(e), 2003) ISBN 1-58435-019-9

[edit on 19-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Israel recruits 'army of bloggers' to combat anti-Zionist Web sites

The Immigrant Absorption Ministry announced on Sunday it was setting up an "army of bloggers," to be made up of Israelis who speak a second language, to represent Israel in "anti-Zionist blogs" in English, French, Spanish and German. ~~ Haaretz

Mmmmmmm, people of pure and noble intentions have no need to disseminate propaganda to the masses. People who are busy protecting themselves have no reason to be concerned with public opinion. I wonder if any of these "slick-tongued Israeli bloggers" planted themselves here

I'll add this to some of the other "Israelistine" threads or maybe start another.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Part head hunter, part travel agency, part gated community jewish-settlement recruitment campaign... Immigrant Absorption Ministry now it looks like they are also in the business of training proselytizing zionist propagandists to proactively spread the spin anywhere the true may be told.

It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't already here at ATS.

These guys aren't any different then the zealot evangelist jesus freaks.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

The Law of Return states that every Jew, his/her spouse, his children and grandchildren and their spouses are entitled to immigrate to Israel (except for several irregular cases that are mentioned in the Law of Return.)

Hey, I thought Israel was all about EQUALITY?? See there it says J E W. Hark, I'm a Mormon who happens to practice Kaparot what about me?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Another clever way of silencing the messenger/press. Last week... Hass was arrested by Israeli authorities upon entering Israel from Gaza... on a charge of “illegally entering enemy territory.”

Interesting to note, that the newspaper that scrubed her story on IDF impersonating Hamas, reports on her arrest, penned by "Haaretz Staff/Service". I can't help but think that this was a strategy used by her fellow reports to insure that the story gets told?

Haaretz's Amira Hass detained on leaving Gaza

and

Haaretz reporter Amira Hass arrested upon leaving Gaza

[edit on 20-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join