It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haaretz scrubs story on IDF impersonating Hamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Haaretz scrubs story on IDF impersonating Hamas

undertheradarmedia.wordpress.c om

The story of Israeli Defense Force troops impersonating Hamas militants somehow made it onto the Haaretz news wire. Blacklisted News was able to snag a screen capture before Haaretz purged the story from the site. For proof that the story was in fact memory-holed a la “1984″ click here
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am reminded of the former mossad (hebrew for "Institute") motto:
be-tahbūlōt ta`aseh lekhā milkhamāh
hebrew for "by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war:
and in multitude of counselors there is safety." – Proverbs 24:6
... where deception stands for wise counsel and wise counsel stands for deception.

A total contradiction to the Jewish ethics I've learned, and reminds me more of the
"Protocols of the Elders of Zion", which according to many sources is a fabrication, yet when you consider all the games zionists have played it makes you stop and wonder.

Though this act equally makes me question,
what was Haaretz (israeli news source) thinking when they published this story...
maybe a naive young journalist who believed in reporting the truth?

Under The Radar Media
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Of course IDF personel would by posing as Hamas militants. It happens in every war. If you want to send people behind enemy lines, it's a good idea to dress as them.

What they were doing is another question. Were they sending rockets into Israel? Or just gathering intel?

All special forces do this. It's almost SOP for war.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I suppose you're right, no relevant news here... business as usual.

As for haaretz playing peek-a-boo with the article, what's there to hide?

It only occurred to me that hamas provoking israel to bomb gaza... could actually be israel giving israel an excuse to bomb at will before the u.s. change of watch. How convenient it would be to have your own guys time attacks at the right place and time to merit you to "defend" yourself.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Of course IDF personel would by posing as Hamas militants. It happens in every war. If you want to send people behind enemy lines, it's a good idea to dress as them.

What they were doing is another question. Were they sending rockets into Israel? Or just gathering intel?

I think the point is if Israel is hiding this story what other stories and secrets are they hiding or lying about?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm surprised they didn't scrub or spin this one too...

Hamas: Israel cease-fire declaration not enough, we`ll fight on

According to the report, Hamas has set five conditions for the cease-fire:

1. The reciprocal truce would begin on Saturday and be followed by the immediate transfer of humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip.

2. The Israel Defense Forces must pull all of its troops out of the coastal territory within the first week of the truce.

3. The flow of trade in and out of the Gaza Strip must be renewed and monitored by observers from Egypt, Europe, and Turkey.

4. The Rafah crossing must be reopened and supervised by Palestinian Authority security forces and international observers, until a Palestinian unity government has been established and can take its place.

5. The truce would be instated for one year with an option for renewal.

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe this Haaretz isn't so bad after all, being that when they find news newsworthy they at least report it without altering words/intent.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
IDF's purpose for doing something like this could be to break the "cease-fire" and blame it on Hamas, by showing video/photo "evidence" that a Hamas member did it, when it was actually an IDF member in disguise.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
In the screen grab I notice every paragraph begins with a full stop which indents the paragraph - e.g. first paragraph:

. The testimonies of Gaza Strip residents...

It's a very curious typographical feature and paragraphs on the current news pages at HAARETZ.com don't seem to include this idiosyncrasy nor any indentation. Same goes for old HAARETZ news pages on the internet archive.

Not meaning to wilfully cast doubt on the source, but can anyone throw light on this?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert Stated During A Public Argument With Binyamin Netanyahu::

"Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom," he said, adding that the current political situation in the Palestinian Authority came about "because of the nonsense that was done while Netanyahu was prime minister."

Since Israel created Hamas it should be clear that Hamas is a paramilitary group that works for Israel!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Strange and interesting. I did see another story about a week ago from the same source. The headline read "IDF states, Hamas posing as IDF soldiers"

Seems both sides are impersonating each other

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

They've been known to pose as arab women. But, the crazier arabs make it easier when they require their women to wear a hijab.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis
In the screen grab I notice every paragraph begins with a full stop which indents the paragraph - e.g. first paragraph:

It's a very curious typographical feature and paragraphs on the current news pages at HAARETZ.com don't seem to include this idiosyncrasy nor any indentation. Same goes for old HAARETZ news pages on the internet archive.

Not meaning to wilfully cast doubt on the source, but can anyone throw light on this?

Well... when you go to the link here there is a link that says click here when you go to that link the third result is this link which goes to a thread that was moved to here by the forum moderator, but the thread is discussing the article put up by Haaretz. Which indicates that it was actually on their website. Why it is indented... I dont know, maybe it has something to do with what someone else said.. it may have been put up by a novice journalist who just wanted to tell the truth and he isn't "hip" with the normal layout.

edit to add:

Amira Hass has been with HAARETZ for while.. scratch that.. en.wikipedia.org...

More to add: "As of 2003, she is the only Jewish Israeli journalist who lives full-time among the Palestinians"

Wow, more to add: "On 1 December 2008, Hass, who had travelled to Gaza by boat in order to demonstrate her opposition to the Israeli blockade, was arrested by Israeli police on her return to Israel."
Seems she might hold a grudge against Isreal now.. which would be why she would post a story like this.. and why they would take it down afterward... She is a pro-Palestinian Israeli... I think this is a true story and shows that Israel is trying to cover it up.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by danman23]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here is something.. I was reading reports about Amira... In This article... "Tamar Sternthal" says that Amira is exaggerating the situation in Gaza... Im not there and I do not know if she is.. buuuutttt... this quote by Amira, which was discredited by Tamar, "Needles, stretchers and hospital beds are already in short supply . . . ." I know has some truth. I watched the "live feed from Gaza" that a lot of here on ATS were watching and none of the ambulances bringing wounded CIVILIANS .. (no soldiers, not once) were all being either carried by hand or on rugs or in blankets, not once did I see a stretcher.. so.. the claim that there was a shortage of stretchers is true at least in what I saw. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Edit to add:

Here is the websites logo that "Tamar" works for..

hahahaha...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thank you danman for the stellar leg-work we'll have to keep tabs on her.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of her.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
Thank you danman for the stellar leg-work we'll have to keep tabs on her.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of her.

Welcome, yes it will be interesting to see what happens. She seems like one of the only people that has access to outside media that is telling what is really happening.. and then she is being deleted or discredited when in fact the claims she is making are plausible and at least should be investigated more not hidden form the public's eyes. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Cool thread and indeed stellar legwork.

I have to say that Ha'aretz has had some pretty good reporting before. I can't point to any specific articles but their coverage has in the past been significantly less biased (imo, natch) than, say, CNN.

Evidently there's a line they won't cross though.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And ya know.. if this is true... IDF dressing as Hamas... points out the possibility that Israel has actually been shooting the rockets at Israel (like was stated by other people before) Hmmmm..... what does this remind you of? A government posing as terrorists and blowing up their own buildings to get the support of the world to invade the territory to take out the "terrorists".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

The moment the war erupted, this is one scenario that immediately came to my mind. Of course the Hamas could do twisted wicked things too.

But many times in history that artificial 'terrorism' was orchestrated, so the conspirators will have a very valid reason to invade a territory or give them greater control over many things.

So we really can't be sure of the truth. The Hamas could be wanting to drive out the Israeli's or the Israeli's conspiring for conquest.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
IDF's purpose for doing something like this could be to break the "cease-fire" and blame it on Hamas, by showing video/photo "evidence" that a Hamas member did it, when it was actually an IDF member in disguise.

That could never happen, we are talking about the good guys here and they would never do anything underhanded.

Only the terrorists would ever think of something that underhanded.

Imagine if a US elected official was to suggest building a patrol boat and dressing your own soldiers as Iranians and then open fire on them to start a war.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis

I noticed the same thing myself. As a test I did a search for 'Haaretz' on Google, and then clicked the Google 'cached' link for the first actual story that was returned in the results. The same indentation and stray period appears on this link as well.

Here is the URL I used. Obviously Google's caching system does some funny things with Haaretz's formatting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join