It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Chocolate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anybody out there hooked on dark chocolate?

A few of my female friends kind of got me hooked on dark chocolate a while back…I just don’t think it’s right for a guy to be hooked on dark chocolate…it’s not very macho lol

If any ladies or guys have any ideas about how to cut down or quit the habit all together, that would be great. If you don’t have any ideas but just want to admit your hooked, then now’s the time to let people know about it

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok anyone hooked on any type of chocolate !

Maybe you want to cut down but just dont seem to be able to.

Maybe you love chocolate and dont want to cut down at all.

Tell me your chocolate story lol

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm a total chocoholic...to the point of making my own chocolates each Christmas. (My mom's a professional baker/cake decorator, so kinda learned by proxy)...

The best? My homemade chocolate covered cherries....with liquid center of course, but not like the nasty ones in stores...

You paint the molds with chocolate, freeze for about 10 min, then put a cherry in, and the liquid center (cherry juice and confectioners sugar), freeze for about 10 min, then cap with chocolate, freeze for about 10 min. Pop them out of the mold, let them get to room temp, and man...those things are AWESOME.....

I make them with milk chocolate for myself, but with dark and white chocolate for the gals... (white chocolate is even more girly than dark, but it's all damn good...)

I make a variety of other chocolates too...but the cherries are both the hardest to make, and the best tasting....

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What you talking about,dark chocolate's not macho? That's BS my man,dark chocolate has bite,and is at least 347% harder than milk chocolate. (statistics are always made up,don't worry about it)

If you want help weaning off,try dark chocolate with chilli in. But then you'll just have another addiction.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
TOTALLY hooked on dark chocolate here - the best days of the year are the day after Christmas, Valentines, Halloween and any other chocolate holiday as all dark chocolate, and candy - but screw other candy, give me the dark chocolate - is at least 50% off....i usually buy as many as twenty bags, throw em in the freezer and hoard em whenever I want - which is usually every day -

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hey Gazrok thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think that there was no one out there who was prepared to admit they were hooked.

I think it’s great that your mom taught you how to bake cakes and decorate them. Here’s me thinking it’s not macho to be hooked on dark chocolate and your cooking, making and baking chocolate cake’s lol

Do you ever feel like, hey I’m eating way too much chocolate and I should try and cut down a little? Obviously you make a lot of chocolate stuff, so I can imagine that cutting down, if you wanted to, would be pretty hard to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

What you talking about, dark chocolate's not macho? That's BS my man, dark chocolate has bite,and is at least 347% harder than milk chocolate. (statistics are always made up,don't worry about it)

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a guy or woman having the occasional bar of chocolate but being hooked on chocolate is generally considered in society as being more of a female thing
Not that I am suggesting that all woman are hooked on chocolate. lol

I’m not entirely sure about the exact percentages lol regarding the hardness of dark chocolate but I agree with you, it definitely has more bite to it, than ordinary chocolate…hmm maybe that’s what makes it more addictive…

If you want help weaning off,try dark chocolate with chilli in. But then you'll just have another addiction.

Hey this thread is about trying to help people with their chocolate addictions, not give them new one’s lol

I’m tempted to try out dark chilli chocolate now

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

TOTALLY hooked on dark chocolate here - the best days of the year are the day after Christmas, Valentines, Halloween and any other chocolate holiday as all dark chocolate, and candy - but screw other candy, give me the dark chocolate - is at least 50% off....i usually buy as many as twenty bags, throw em in the freezer and hoard em whenever I want - which is usually every day –

Man and I thought I was hooked…lol

I hope I don’t ever get to the twenty bags, stored in the freezer stage!

This may seem like a pointless question, being directed towards someone, who refers to these things as a "chocolate holiday" lol but have you ever considered trying to cut down? and what do your family and friends think about the stash in the freezer? or is it a well-hidden secret and you’d like to keep it that way lol

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I go in and out of my chocolate addiction. I absolutely love dark chocolate, and do not care for white chocolate.

I make really good chocolate truffles!

I also LOVE chocolate covered cherries! I will have to make the ones in this thread.

Hey, hiding chocolate is better than hiding booze!! Much better addiction and won't get you a DWI!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I love Dark Chocolate. It is a lot better that white.

Plus there are many medicinal values to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This guy found a bottle on the ocean, and he opened it and out popped a genie, and he gave him three wishes. The guy wished for a million dollars, and poof! there was a million dollars. Then he wished for a convertible, and poof! there was a convertible. And then, he wished he could be irresistible to all women... poof! he turned into a box of chocolates.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey Joe

I like, most women, go through phases with chocolate. I went through a darkchocolate & orange phase. A white chocolate phase. A chocolate covered coffee beans phase. A milk chocolate phase..... I love chocolate - but unfortunately - I've got a highly addictive personality. When it comes to chocolate there is no moderation, so i don't really keep it around my place. I'll buy a few small chocolate bars and shove them in the freezer in case of emergency (and since I HATE Cold chocolate) it has to thaw before I can have it. Thus making me practice some self-control.

PS. Asala that was awesome.

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Really dark chocolate with strong coffee. Now that is good stuff. Of course any chocolate is good chocolate as long as it has a good cocoa flavor.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hey Carrot

There’s nothing wrong with having an addictive personality – unfortunately lol I have one myself.

I like, most women, go through phases with chocolate!

I like how you speak as the voice of most woman lol that’s a very impressive skill.

I'll buy a few small chocolate bars and shove them in the freezer in case of emergency

That made me laugh…I kind of pictured you holding your hair dryer and pointing it towards your cold chocolate bar and saying something like, C’mon, hurry up, this is an emergency lol

You seem to have a lot of experience in the chocolate phase department and I was wondering how long these phases last on average and are there any gaps between the phases?

PS. Asala that was great.

For some reason, I feel the need to post this quote…

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Forrest Gump

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Joecroft]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Joecroft]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have an addictive personality also. My chocolate fetish lasts for years and then I move on to something else!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

As a guy I have always had more of a savoury(SP?) tooth then a sweet tooth . Although I do have a bit of a fondness for white chocolate particularly when it is served with a cup of black tea . As for dark chocolate I am not that keen on it at all so I cant put myself in the mind of someone who eats heaps of it . For people with differnt tastes then me it may be to good to give up .

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
asala

What is it with Supermods and chocolate??

I love dark chocolate, Godiva, Cadbury, Ghirardelli, Dove, Russell Stover, Lindt, I don't care, don't matter the brand or what it's covering.... mmmmm.. oink oink

but my favorite has to be the Godiva assorted dark chocolates.... it's the reason I'm working out twice as hard this month.

oh and I love Hershey dark kisses, I keep those in the house on a regular basis for controlled snacking.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Do you ever feel like, hey I’m eating way too much chocolate and I should try and cut down a little? Obviously you make a lot of chocolate stuff, so I can imagine that cutting down, if you wanted to, would be pretty hard to do.

I don't make them too often, just around the holidays (then I crank them out like a mini factory, often making about 300 or so in a given night). Sounds like a lot, but when you go to a few different parties, give some as gifts, etc., and want some left over...it takes a few of these marathon nights to supply them all. (and it ain't cheap!)

Snickers bars are my real chocoholic bane...too easy access at work...

Oddly enough, I don't like cake much, but it is fun to decorate them. I'll have to post some pics in here sometime. Nothing too fancy, Ace of Cakes has nothing to fear here...(of course, they use a lot of fondant too, which looks great, but tastes like play-doh...). Me, I avoid fondant and stick with icing. I want people to enjoy the taste of the cakes AND the look of them.

Nice to see ya WW!!!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Thats my favourite kind of chocolate - proper chocolate. I like Green & Blacks and Cadbury's bourneville. I'm very much liking Green & Blacks Mayan Gold (hint of orange). Might be too bitter for some.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dude!!! So good to see you around too

I'm expecting some new artwork pics btw..

back to chocolate...

I don't know the brand but they make their chocolates like seashells??
Those are really good too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join