It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Chocolate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I love dark chocolate, Godiva, Cadbury, Ghirardelli, Dove, Russell Stover, Lindt, I don't care, don't matter the brand or what it's covering.... mmmmm.. oink oink

Doesn't Godiva make the best hot chocolate? I believe I heard that on a cooking show. I would like to find some. Perhaps online?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hiya Joe
I forgot to thank you for the Song dedication! Rush and I thought it was awesomeness!

Originally posted by Joecroft
I like how you speak as the voice of most woman lol that’s a very impressive skill.

LOL well I think its true.... Most women do like chocolate and go through phases with it. (This is speculationg of course) There are only 2 women I know who DON"T like chocolate - My mother (for shame) and one of my best friends. Whenever she's having a mid-life crisis I have to bring ice-cream & Cosmopolitan, not Chocolate Bars & The Notebook.

That made me laugh…I kind of pictured you holding your hair dryer and pointing it towards your cold chocolate bar and saying something like, C’mon, hurry up, this is an emergency lol

LOL. Well I TRY To exercise self control. I've never done the blow-dryer thing, but I can guess that if I was despearte I might! Usually If I feel the craving coming on, I'll take a small chunk of Chocoalte out and let it thaw. I don't take out the entire bar - because then I'll eat the entire bar. I HATE cold chocolate so it HAS to thaw, thus forcing me to wait for it. Usually the craving subsides a little bit, and I can eat a small piece of chocolate instead of the entire bar. Moderation is the key.

You seem to have a lot of experience in the chocolate phase department and I was wondering how long these phases last on average and are there any gaps between the phases?

LOL. I have a lot of experience because I've eaten a LOT of Chocolate. This whole phases and cravings has only been pretty recent - about a year. My dad loves chocolate, so growing up there was always chocolate around the house, and I was one of those kids who copied her dad.

In the past year I've reformed the way that I eat, so that I can enjoy chocoalte, and sweets, and cheescake and other indulgences - and not have to worry about my jeans fitting me. When I hit 21ish I couldn't eat the same way as I used to. So now I deal with the cravings in terms of satisfying the craving - not over indulging. When I was younger I didn't really care about what I ate. I would eat anything and everything if I felt like it. But now, I'm quite health conscious about what I put in my body - I never deprive myself because in Moderation, indulgences are okay. So go ahead, have some chocolate!

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Dude!!! So good to see you around too

I'm expecting some new artwork pics btw..

back to chocolate...

I don't know the brand but they make their chocolates like seashells??
Those are really good too.

Could that be Guylian, not to partial so have mine ;o)

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm a complete chocoholic.

A few years ago I decided to give up all other food - fear of putting on weight - and had an exclusively chocolate diet. I was very happy with it and don't remember any ill effects.

Anyway, I caught a bug and completely lost my appetite and gradually had to wean myself back onto food. I took the opportunity to give up chocolate altogether.

I'm vegan now and recently found out that you can get vegan chocolate. I'm not allowed to even sniff the wrappers.

There's no such thing as cutting down for me, it's really all or nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

That's it!!! Guylian, I had them on a cruise and got as a gift too, I like them

Heck I love Smarties too..the chocolate connoisseur in me isn't too particular about brands and prices.

And yes the Godiva hot chocolate is scrumptious, I don't like putting the words "the best" when describing it, but it's definitely up there in rankings. I've had Swiss Miss hot chocolate that tasted like the most delicious cocoa ever...but it could have been because I was freezing and starving when I had it... everything is delicious when you're hungry.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The cherry chocolates sound really good, as you said the cherry version is the most difficult to make what would be an ideal starting fruit to use?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Hi Carrot

Thanks, since seeing you and Rush on the fun word game thread and around on other threads, I thought you guy’s deserved a joint dedication, I’m glad you two liked it.

I like your moderation plan. I might have to take a leaf out of your book on this one.

Overriding primary concern = Jeans must fit

Chocolate moderation = Jeans fit lol

PS – Love the new Avatar

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Hey Joe! Yeaaaaaaaaah I totally forgot about the words story thread! Oh man that was fun! (i might email Asala and ask her to do that again!). So much fun with those words...

Yes Moderation = the key to all things chocolate.

Jeans Fitting = The best feeling in the world!

(PS. I clicked your green button, as I noticed you have clicked mine!)

Talk to you later Joe,

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
ummmmmmmm, chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

love it, love it

I don't think I'm an addict, but I go through phases, which I generally put a stop to when the scale starts to move.

I love dark chocolate, ans sometimes white chocolate. Lindt is very good.

Also love a good, extra moist butter chocolate cake, topped with Cool Whip extra creamy and cherries and orange segments.

I don't like chocolate ice cream much though

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Hey Berenike

I’m glad you managed to get back on to normal food Berenike, I can’t even begin to imagine what it must have been like to be on a total chocolate diet. I hope you don’t mind me asking and I wouldn’t be offended if you didn’t want to answer this question but how long were you exclusively on a chocolate diet?

I have to admit I never really had much of a sweet tooth; I just ate the occasional bar of chocolate, normally a snickers bar. About 4 or 5 months ago I was introduced lol to dark chocolate and started to have about 3 to 4 bars a week, recently though I have managed to get it down to 1 bar a week…

I agree with you MCoG1980 dark chocolate is proper chocolate and I prefer the Green & Blacks and Cadbury's bourneville although recently I think I’m heading into a new phase of dark mint chocolate lol I’m not sure of the name of it but I think it’s called Lindt.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The cherry chocolates sound really good, as you said the cherry version is the most difficult to make what would be an ideal starting fruit to use?

The fruit isn't the difficulty, it's the process.
Most other chocolates, you can simply half-fill the mold with chocolate, put in your filler, and then cap with chocolate, all as one step. Put it in the freezer for about 10 min, then pop them out of the mold and let them get to room temp before eating.

With the cherries, it's the liquid center that requres all the steps.
First, you have to paint the "shell" of chocolate in the mold (easiest way is to fill it 1/3 the way, then use a small brush to "pull" the chocolate up on the sides to make a shell. Then you have to freeze these molded shells for about 10min. During this time, you make the liquid center (cherry juice and confectioner's sugar...I don't measure, it's just until a certain thickness/texture). Then, you put the cherries in and the liquid mixture, leaving about 1/4 inch of the molded sides left. Then freeze a second time for 10min. Then, you take them out, cap with chocolate, and stick back in the freezer for 10min. So, it's a more time-consuming process, and if you didn't paint the molds right, you'll have a hole or two, and a ruined cherry (those are the ones you eat right away)...

Snowflakes are almost as hard, but another favorite... I have these snowflake molds. I put a thin layer of edible glitter in (shaved sugar), then some white chocolate (filling the mold halfway) which has a hint of mint. Freeze for 10min, then fill the remainder with some dark chocolate. Freeze 10min, and then pop them out. (kind of like a York peppermint pattie)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think I might try it with pineapple as its not that easy to get a hold of cherry juice near me, here's to the chocolates that go wrong and end up in my belly straight away!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Hi, I can't remember how long I only ate chocolate, but it was quite a while. And for a good time before that I'd been cutting down normal food.

My fridge only used to have chocolate and a pint of milk for coffee in it.

Thankfully, I don't do that any more although it used to save a lot of cooking.

I worried a bit about my post in case it looked as if I thought it was a good idea. I wouldn't really recommend it to other people.

But - dark chocolate - yum!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh yeah, put a couple of squares of Hershey chocolate in your coffee....that's good....
Yum...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join