It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stocking up for the coming events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hey everyone well as some of you know the economy and california is about to blow soon and i was wondering how long until australia will get hit meaning how long will it take until all the supermarkets have nothing for sale no food is availible or anything and would it escalate to killing people just to get food and forming gangs and steeling from others and killing them
ive seen this in movies but its coming too life thanks
and does it make a difference in certain areas because i live in perth
thanks.

and also what are the main things i need incase it happens

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Canned food (and a place to store it).

One problem with food shortages are authorities... If it becomes grim, you can count on door to door hoarding searches and confiscation for the greater good.... greater good of their families that is... One for the food line... one going home with me.... two for the food line for the masses... two for me.. .etc.

Get it, hide it or have it ready to go if it comes to that. (this is about worse case scenario by the way, if there was a disruption in the electrical or transportation systems over an extended period of time let's say) But be ready if possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Is there any proof, for the reason to believe that authorities will be going door to door to confiscate food?

I like to think that in such a crisis, we will be allowed to hide away with our little stashes..

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

I am about to leave NZ for Perth - should I stay at home?

I am sure Perth is fabulous and I look forward to staying there.

As for the panic - I would say, don't worry, be happy.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
MRE's if you can find them. They come in easy to store pouches and can be hidden or marked as "Rat poison" if they try to confiscate it. I just got a box of them myself, chipped beef is one of the menu items i opened and i have to say, it tastes quite deliciouse.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

yeah perth is a good place haha

hey guys i was wondering im only 17 how can i get my parents to convince them that this might happen so we can stock up thanks and how can i get a gun for protection thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
reply to post by spellbound

yeah perth is a good place haha

hey guys i was wondering im only 17 how can i get my parents to convince them that this might happen so we can stock up thanks and how can i get a gun for protection thanks

I thought you had to be 18 to use this forum?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
oh well i always used to read ats
and i finally wanted to post some threads lol

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know how many folks know this, but oats, rice, salt, lard/fat, dried beans, and a selection of other dried products can keep for a long time, provide enough nutrition to survive for quite a while, and are currently - inexpensive.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
how can i convice parents to buy a gun
or can i make a really good weapon enough to knock someone out

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Probably no way.

Non-gun owners are generally just good folks who haven't been attacked yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
thing is if i ask them to buy some of that supplies oats heaps of rice water possibly they wont buy it if the world depended on it so i don't know any ideas?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that there is already an archaic law that prohibits food hoarding. When the SHTF "Hoarders, Price Gougers and Speculators" will be blamed for exacerbating the crisis (shortage) and vilified. There could very well be searches: scenario 1) neighborhood snitches (new administration program), 2) martial law and everyone gets called on for a new census and a search for contraband (guns, ammo, gold, and hoarded food and supplies and possibly even religious material like Bibles). The limit will probably be 30 days worth. Over and above that and a) it could be confiscated and b) you could be arrested as a criminal (fema train ticket).
Best to comply but learn to be self sufficient (gardening, etc) and not wasteful like so many with their food and water.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I believe, if you talked openly and honestly with your parents and explained your fears, and some very reasonable suggestions, you'd likely find a bit of understanding and cooperation.

A large bad of rice per week. Next week, a box of oats. A can of lard or cooking oil. On and on.

This may cost another five or ten dollars per week, but tell them of the peace of mind that you'll have, and that they'll have as well.

If that fails, you are seventeen. Get out off the computer, make some money, and get it done for yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
problem is my dad of whom i dislike alot lol would not let me buy un nessesary things that he reckons is useless he isn't the smartest person in the world

top topics

join