It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEROCIOUS big cats DO live in Britain — after being seen by Forestry Commission rangers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The official confirmation came yesterday — proving thousands of members of the public have been right for years.

Forestry workers conducting deer surveys have TWICE got within 50 yards of the fearsome creatures in the wild, it was revealed.

Last night the commission — forced to come clean under freedom of information laws — was accused of hushing up the news to avoid panic. The Beast of Bodmin-style animals were captured on night vision gear as they prowled the Forest of Dean, Gloucs.

Rob Guest, 58, who was with colleagues during both sightings, yesterday told how the first was crossing a road near Lydney.

The deputy surveyor confessed: “It had a long thick tail and was clearly a big cat.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

And to think all those people who knew what they saw were being called liers by the so called 'debunkers'. If an island as small as Britain can hide large cats, why cant there be bigfoot out there somewhere?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Sun is the source? Hmm...
I'd like to see if there is any information about this, but from a reliable site that is trustworthy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ferocious
fe⋅ro⋅cious
   /fəˈroʊʃəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fuh-roh-shuhs] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. savagely fierce, as a wild beast, person, action, or aspect; violently cruel: a ferocious beating.
2. extreme or intense: a ferocious thirst.

How many people or animals have these beasts attacked?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's impossible or that some ex circus cat isn't lurking around but it's far from being confirmed until you have a dead cat on a slab for everyone else to see and touch.

BTW, The Sun isn't the most reliable source IMHO!

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There's plenty more sources than the Sun citing this:

The Scotsman

Yorkshire Post

The Independant

The Telegraph

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
wow this seems strangely unlikely - what happens to the dead ones, where do they live, what part of the cat family are they from?

so many questions that i doubt have answers, even though the FC think they have seen them doesn't even convince me - however next time i go out rough camping i'll be on my guard.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

There is a site called 'Big Cats' which logs reports of the various sightings from around The British Isles, just 'Google' it, it's quite interesting.
We have a 'Big Cat' here in West Sussex, I have seen it three times in the last fifteen years, it is actually a Black Panther, I saw it close up 15-20 feet away so absolutely no doubt.

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
And my dad was convinced there weren't any more mountain lions by our house in New Jersey...

...until we almost hit one and her young with our car.

People would be surprised by what lives near them.

[edit on 1/16/0909 by spines]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is actually a bit scary, reading this!

Whenever out and about in the country at night, always used to calm myself down (scared of the dark here :lol
by reminding myself:

" The only thing that might jump out of that bush is some mad guy, so you can beat him up! no monsters, no aliens, its all fine! "

Now im thinking I might have to get myself a tank or something

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi All,

This is my first time posting but will be doing more...

Im from Essex in England and we have our fair share of big cat stories in this county, from Leopards in Epping Forest (very believeable) to a African male Lion in South Weild Brentwood (very unlikely).

What I wanted to input is that when the dangerous animals act was intorduced to Britain in the 1970's alot of poeple who had previously kept these animals let them free into the wild rather than have them destroyed. Now im not saying this has created a stable breeding population but when you look at the prey available (untold rabbits, rodents etc) and the amount of deep forest that we have in the UK then I believe it gives grounds for further questions to be answered.

I personally believe they do exist in this country but Mr Brown and the previous heads of Govt dont want to scare Mr and Mrs Smith and their four kids from going on a camping holiday to the woods and loose income from home grown tourism etc (its not alot i know but it all counts).

Anyway if you want more information on this please check out the British Big Cat Society Website... Its pretty good.

Thanks Guys. Love and light to all.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
There's plenty more sources than the Sun citing this:

The Scotsman

Yorkshire Post

The Independant

The Telegraph

Thank you for that. At least someone is willing to stand up and say 'Grock's not crazy' lol

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
there has been two sightings 2 miles away from where i live near middleton, suffolk. my mum actually warned me yesterday not to bike through the forest on the way to and from work at night (and she is usually very skeptical).
three years ago i found a large dead muntjack on the way to work in the middle of the forest road, the next day its entire ribcage and guts from one side had been eaten away... no fox could have done that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
its not like the cats have lived there for thousands of years, their clearly somebodys pets that got released when they got to big for the council flat so your connection between this and bigfoot are off as bigfoot is suposedly a native creature.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
these stories regularly ` make the rounds ` - some are true , some minor embelishments , others hoax or missidentification

personally i believe that the are pockets of ABCs [ alien big cats ] in the UK - and as pointed out the ` dangerous animals act ` has a lot to answer for in this regard

never seen hide nor hair myself - but am always looking

and as for finding them - we really REALLY need to try harder :p FFS we still had native wolves running free upto the 17th centurey - but our ancestors " sucessfully " drove british wolves to extinction - with none of the technological advances we have today

Wig

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaldyHow many people or animals have these beasts attacked?

Presumably enough to sustain themselves for generations

Wig

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
its not like the cats have lived there for thousands of years, your connection between this and bigfoot are off as bigfoot is suposedly a native creature.

I disagree, the connection with the possible bigfoot population is legitimate.

What is being claimed, is that if a large predator can survive in the wilds of UK unnoticed by man, then why not the same applying to the UK bigfoot?

The fact that the big cats have only been around for 40 - 50 years is irrelevant, they are there, they have survived unnoticed for 40 - 50 years, that's good enough for me to make a connection with the bigfoot theory.

[edit on 17/1/2009 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That's the thing though Wig

They are not unnoticed, there's a fairly constant supply of reports and film footage of big cats wild in the UK, even attack victims have came forward to show their wounds.

Whereas your talking about a mythical creature with not one shred of proof that it exists.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good post. It's largely taken for granted that there's at least one big cat knocking around in England. Every year there's some guy interviewed that's surprised a large black cat at night or vice versa
As anonymous points out, they are a legacy of legislation prohibiting big cats as pets. Like all of these stories, they are hard to say yes or no to with any certainty.

A panther released in the 70s would be a bit arthritic by now. Allegedly there were several. Big cats release powerful pheremones when 'in season' so they could conceivably get together to mate from widely distributed territories. They only have a small litter of usually two or three. If only one or two per litter survived it'd keep the population discreet. Panthers are solitary hunters and able to stalk prey quietly. It would be child's play to avoid humans.

Then we come to the 'Bigfoot Question.' Where are all the corpses and bones?

Big cat expert called to killing

Skeptics versus Big Cats!

Big Cats in England

British Big Cats - The Black Vault

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i had a thread on hear about the big cat i saw near me in cheshire england i was sure i wasnt mad lol

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

That's exactly my stance on this. A cat is a master of stealth. Not all animals proudly display themselves out in the open like they have nothing to fear.

Once you get hundreds of people saying they saw something, you gotta start wondering about it. People who flatly say there aren't any ___, have no real way of knowing, and so I tend to disregard statements like that.

People really would be surprised by what's around em.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Sara1]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join