It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many Masons on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is a genuine curiosity, I've noticed in the avatars a large ammount of members have the square, g & compass symbol, I've met probably 4 or 5 masons that I know of, and I attended a funeral for a mason who had a lot of masonic friends, they are nice people, but the ones I met weren't interested in UFOs or any topics on here which is why I'm surprised.

Is this because the freemasons on here are younger? Is it common for younger people to join the masons? I always saw it as something for older people, but maybe that's due to the older members I met.

Also what's the g in the symbol stand for, is it god or sacred geometry or something? thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I guess this forum is largely about Freemasonry.

I suppose it's in the same way that a forum which is largely about cycling would attract cyclists.

I haven't really seen many masons in other forums on ATS, except the secret societies forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The infamous Mason's are on this board for many reasons.

1) To defend their kind, for they see it necessary given if they really didn't give a flying donkey fecal matter they would probably look less elusive. (alas look at my signature)

2) To more than likely dismiss any kind of 9/11, alien, alternative science as nothing more than "proofless"

3) To be pompous and all knowing.

4) And for this reason I don't know but they are here in a plethra of numbers.

So having said that, I will let our favorite mason LowLevel(no pun intended)Mason let you know why they are here.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

Also what's the g in the symbol stand for, is it god or sacred geometry or something? thanks.

G

In the Hebrew, represented by :. The seventh letter of the English, Latin, and Romanic alphabets. In the Greek and many other alphabets it is the third in place; in the Russian, Wallachian, and some others it is the fourth; in the Arabic the fifth, and in the Ethiopian the twentieth. In Hebrew it is called Gheé-mel, is of the numerical value of three, and its signification is camel. It is associated with the third sacred name of God, in Hebrew, in: GlwWdot, or in Latin magnus, the Mighty. In Freemasonry it is given as the initial of the word God. The Masonic use of the letter tends to the belief of a modern form in the ceremony of the Fellow Craft Degree (see G. O. D.). As in all Roman Catholic and in many Protestant churches the cross, engraved or sculptured in some prominent position, will be found as the expressive symbol of Christianity, so in every Masonic Lodge a letter G may be seen in the East, either painted on the wall or sculptured in wood or metal, and suspended over the Master's chair. This is, in fact, if not the most prominent, certainly the most familiar, of all the symbols of Freemasonry. It is the one to which the poet, Brother Robert Burns, alluded in those well known and often-quoted lines, in which he speaks of . . . that hieroglyphic bright

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

1) To defend their kind, for they see it necessary given if they really didn't give a flying donkey fecal matter they would probably look less elusive. (alas look at my signature)

Is it really that bad to stick up for one's friends and their beliefs?

2) To more than likely dismiss any kind of 9/11, alien, alternative science as nothing more than "proofless"

???

Where did this one come from? I have no interest in 9/11, not being American, and I quite enjoy the idea of alternative science and aliens.

I'm glad you think we're all knowing. Personally, I think you overrate masons a little.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Where did this one come from? I have no interest in 9/11, not being American, and I quite enjoy the idea of alternative science and aliens.

Ummm because I highly doubt a Mason would believe their own country had anything to do with 3 planes crashing into their own buildings and killing their own people.

Heres one, why are you a Mason?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Which none but Craftsmen ever saw;" that is to say, ever saw understandingly ever saw, knowing at the same time what it meant. There if an uncertainty as to the exact time when this symbol was first introduced into Speculative Masonry. It was not derived, in its present form, from the Operative Masons of the Middle Ages, who bestowed upon Freemasonry so much of its symbolism, for it if not found among the architectural decorations of the old cathedrals. Doctor Oliver says it was in the old lectures; but this is an uncertain expression. From Prichard's Masonry Dissected, which was published in 1730, it would seem that the symbol was not in use at that date. But it may have been omitted. If Tubal Kain, which was published in 1767, is, as it purported to be, identical with Prichard's purpose, the question is settled; for it contains the lecture on the letter G. to which reference will directly be made.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Firstly, because I went to an all-boys school, and then afterwards, I felt the fellowship and brotherhood I experienced back then was missing from my life.

Secondly, out of sheer curiosity. I'm curious by nature. I enjoy discovering 'alternative' knowledge. I guess that's why I'm also on ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

.... I'm sorry. I kissed my first girlfriend in what was it, kindergarten?

I'm pretty curious in alternative subjects to.. That's why I'm a member of the drinking beer watching movies listenting to music club. I'd say I'm an average fella.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

You sound just like the average Freemason.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I'd second that motion, Saurus.

In fact, it always puzzles me why anti-Masons seem to be of the mind that beer, babes, movies and music are subjects foreign to Masons (as if we're monks of some kind)? One passtime doesn't preclude the other except maybe when beer, babes, movies or music might interfere with Lodge; then a Mason has to search deep within his soul to make the right decision for him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The same reason why people post on any board - because it interests them. I read most of the other forums although I don't post in them, and there are some masons who post all over the place.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't know. I wonder why there are so many Christians on ATS.

There are... maybe 12 or so members, plus or minus a few, that are Freemasons. Dunno how many members of ATS there are, above a thousand.
To be Frank, the amount of Freemasons on the site is less than the actual representation in society at large, especially since this is a multinational site.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

Originally posted by Saurus

Ummm because I highly doubt a Mason would believe their own country had anything to do with 3 planes crashing into their own buildings and killing their own people.

um I'm a mason and i think there is a conspiracy going on with our government and 9/11. i don't understand why you would think that we wouldn't? what is you're reasoning behind that argument?

i joined ATS because i like reading different theories and ideas about all different things, i usually don't post in other threads and just read.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

... but the ones I met weren't interested in UFOs or any topics on here which is why I'm surprised.
Walk into any bookstore and ask them where their books on Freemasons are. They won't point you to Philosophy. They won't point you to Religion. They won't point you to Self-Help. They'll point you to the shelf with the UFOs, the new-age love charms, and the Wiccan and pagan books. Do those books belong together? As a Mason and bibliophile, I say no, but I don't run Barnes & Noble.

I do not believe there are any Masonic conspiracies.

I do not believe there exists any organization calling themselves the Illuminati in this day and age, or if they do, they don't hold any of the power that fiction has suggested they have.

I DO, however, believe we've been lied to about 9/11. I DO think there are unanswered questions about JFK. I DO think the Trilateral Commission, or the CFR or the Bilderbergs or the Bohemian Grove types have something going on. But none of that has anything to do with Masons or the Illuminati. People who believe that they ARE connected are wrong, and I'm here to try to explain that as best I can.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
The infamous Mason's are on this board for many reasons.

Many in any position don't like defamation so we see it necessary to fight back against all this libel and slander.

That came out of nowhere.

And the conspirators are not?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Once again I have became more adapt to Masons... honestly...

Damn I don't think there is a bad thing I can think about them anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

When you look past the cover and actually read their books you'll see good work written in them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

When you look past the cover and actually read their books you'll see good work written in them.

Yeah but after this:

Originally posted by FitzgibbonIn fact, it always puzzles me why anti-Masons seem to be of the mind that beer, babes, movies and music are subjects foreign to Masons (as if we're monks of some kind)? One passtime doesn't preclude the other except maybe when beer, babes, movies or music might interfere with Lodge; then a Mason has to search deep within his soul to make the right decision for him.

I'm out. Beer, babes, movies and music? Lodge can't live up to that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Why are there so many Masons on ATS?.

The question, we all want to ask but are afraid to.

'' are there so many Masons on ATS, to control informations about freemasonry and to derail investigations.? ''

hmmmm please freemasons, stay civilize in reaction of my post, insults will only prove you are afraid of investigations. tks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join