It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many Masons on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Investigateconspiracies

Go to your Local Lodge and talk to a mason there. don't talk to us if you don't want to. you will see and find the answers you are looking for their. meet face-to-face with a mason i your area and talk to them about masonry. you will get the same results.

I'm being serious...go find your local lodge contact someone from that lodge and ask your questions about freemasonry. See what they say

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Why are there so many Masons on ATS?.

At the time of this posting there are 158,838 registered ATSers. Statistically speaking, there are bound to be at least a few Masons in the group with that many people flowing through here.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I joined out of curiosity, and the fact that this link popped up back when i was finding as much information on masonry as possible. I am also 22 years old.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm out. Beer, babes, movies and music? Lodge can't live up to that.

QUITTER!!!!

Fitzgibbon; Honourary member of the Judean People's Front!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Heheh... Freemason books in the UFO section, never noticed, thanks for all your answers.

I am not bothered by the masons here, I have read about what the highest degree masons know and to me anyway if what I have read is true, it doesn't seem to compelling to go through all that work just to get to know that, but this is just my opinion, I'm sure besides the knowledge there are other great reasons for wanting to be a mason.

Masons sort of remind me of Scientology really, and please don't be offended, I consider Masons harmless, and Scientology harmful but again this is just my opinion, the relation I only connect to the structure in gaining information on levels, of course in scientology all the info came from one guy who wrote scifi books and the courses cost tons of money whereas it's free in the freemasons for the most part isn't it?

I've read what the high ranking scientologists read and doesn't seem worth it to pay that much to find out that. I'll stick to not mentioning details as I don't want to offend anyone, yet I've seen there is a lack of respect among some religions where ATS members don't seem to respect certain religions and mention their biggest secrets and ridicule them at length, I will not do this here, nor will I mention what religion I am associated with.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Ah but you see what you are reading has a fundamental misunderstanding of freemasonry. There are no "high level masons" and what one mason knows all of us do - which you are quite correct, really isn't a big deal. This whole "levels" thing is a conspiracy theory construct that doesn't exist in real life.

The best parallel example is taking a college philosophy class, but dressing people up and telling allegorical stories to give the lessons that a professor would normally lecture on.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

I'd further argue that the journey is just as important as the destination, as my sig alludes to. Sure, you can read all the bits in whatever order you like and from whatever source. Masonry does not claim exclusivity to its teachings. It doesn't claim to be the only path to enlightenment. But if you actually go through the motions there actually is a rhyme and reason to it all, and insight can be gained by going through the experience rather than turning to the last page to see whodunnit.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Investigateconspiracies

The question, we all want to ask but are afraid to.

'' are there so many Masons on ATS, to control informations about freemasonry and to derail investigations.? ''

hmmmm please freemasons, stay civilize in reaction of my post, insults will only prove you are afraid of investigations. tks

My question is, now that you dare to ask, are you still alive...

Originally posted by FlyersFan

At the time of this posting there are 158,838 registered ATSers. Statistically speaking, there are bound to be at least a few Masons in the group with that many people flowing through here.

i think the OP wanted to say, that in secret societies threads about freemasonry, why are there so many mason masivly posting, 85% of the posts are from freemasons, for 1 non-mason post there is 8 posts from masons

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by openmindresearch

You mean... why are Masons replying to threads about Masons?

There was a recent thread that simply continued a old idea that all Masons are pedophiles, or at least encourage it.
Despite not producing any real evidence, even something as simple as the name of the Lodge the fellow attended, people ate it up.

Generally speaking, a thread that starts out that way is lucky to get a page in and be taken seriously.

Also, people keep continuing the same myths about Freemasonry, you can go back through this forum and see the same threads posted nearly time and again.

Doesn't matter if they are true or not, the myths get pushed as fact and, like all good rumours, get repeated in other places as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

i think the OP wanted to say, that in secret societies threads about freemasonry, why are there so many mason masivly posting, 85% of the posts are from freemasons, for 1 non-mason post there is 8 posts from masons

It's because EVERY freemasonry thread is about bashing us.

I imagine if there were threads like 'Asians are Pedophiles', 'Hindus Stalk People' or 'Catholic Cops and Judges let Other Catholics Kill People and Walk Free' you would see a huge number of those groups replying.

I would not expect to go onto a religious forum and post 'Christians Suck' and then be surprised if there was a reaction.

What do you expect?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I would not expect to go onto a religious forum and post 'Christians Suck' and then be surprised if there was a reaction.

What do you expect?

First, Conspiracy Theorists never bash freemason, BUT we all witness
and so every day on many threads, Freemasons who bash Conspiracy
Theorists, with insults and agresive behaviors. so please stop this little
game your're trying to play to control the truth about CTs honest goals

freemasonry like any other religion, have a dark side that priests and
followers don't want to see. ask a catholic priest about all the atrocity
the church did in the name of god and they will all, turn the story
upsidedown to convince you that the catholic religion is the best way
to salvation, it is the same for the religion of freemasonry.

your exemple was good emsed1 BUT your understanding was just
a little offtrack or were you trying to control information and derail
the OP investigation

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthDefender
First, Conspiracy Theorists never bash freemason, BUT we all witness
and so every day on many threads, Freemasons who bash Conspiracy
Theorists, with insults and agresive behaviors. so please stop this little
game your're trying to play to control the truth about CTs honest goals

Please stop making this sort of stuff up. This is not a "us versus you" battle. Lots of masons believe in conspiracy theorists. However, I believe people like calling masons rapists, murderers, and criminals might be a tad bit aggressive and insulting.

Originally posted by TruthDefender
freemasonry like any other religion, have a dark side that priests and
followers don't want to see. ask a catholic priest about all the atrocity
the church did in the name of god and they will all, turn the story
upsidedown to convince you that the catholic religion is the best way
to salvation, it is the same for the religion of freemasonry.

One problem - freemasonry isn't like any other religion BECAUSE IT ISN'T A RELIGION. It has no priests. Its a secular fraternity.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthDefender

Achilles? Is that you?

The simple truth is that anti-masons are driving the true conspiracy theorists away with these stupid masonic witch hunts.

Nobody wants to read about us arguing back and forth about what it is and what it isn't.

True 'Gentlemen Conspiracy Theoristes' want to know about the REAL secret societies, much like us 'Mason Conspiracy Theoristes'.

So lets get some dialogue going about the REAL rulers of the world.

That's right Moose. That's right Rotary. I'm lookin at YOU!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthDefender

First, Conspiracy Theorists never bash freemason,

Bull spit.
I try to keep fairly medium here, at least in my responses, but counting the number of insults directed at Masonry and Masons would take all to long.

And, as LowLevelMason has pointed out, masonry is not a religion. it welcomes members from nearly every religion.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hele
conceal
and not reveal
Didja ever wonder what hele really means?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Hide, conceal and not reveal.
en.wiktionary.org...

hele rymes though.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by trueforger

Hide, conceal and not reveal.
en.wiktionary.org...

hele rymes though.
And following through from RuneSpider's link, this article is fascinating...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hele is usually passed off as a form of 'hide' as correctly referenced by the wiki entry above,thank you.But that would be a redundancy to say, "'hide',conceal and not reveal",wouldn't it?

Most references even state hele meant 'conceal'in the primary definition(the first listed) an even further redundancy when used in the rhyming trio,as it is Always used,and never just hele,by itself.

So,my point?Hele means something else and the conspiracy to misdirect the casual inquirer to thinking it is a mere redundancy of concealing esoteric secrets,etc,stated twice(for emphasis,perhaps?)as THE Masonic code of silence encapsulated in a rhyming ditty.

Hele actually means to LIE about the thing,as was explained to me.A singular word,unrelated to others in English,though having homynims,such as Heal or heel.Hele is a code word consisting of two words combined and shortened to conceal the meaning of the command to duty of obligation of serious blood oaths like having your tongue torn out if you talk.The words are "he" and "lie" with the "i" omitted.

I have no problem with keeping secrets and reserving knowledge for those prepared to receive it,if done to protect the unwise and brash from dangers unknown.Insider dealing and exclusivity for a profit are unfair,however.And as a result,that's now the 'way of the world'even here in America where fair play was supposed to be the rule,no more in reality than anywhere.A form of lying is not speaking up,such as the Masonic dictum of never speaking ill of a brother Mason,which allowed the Cheney regime to steal two elections and ruin as much as possible with nary a peep from the lesser leaders all throughout this land.Can a Mason speak ill of the Players in this mess?Ask yourself if you've ever heard the Masons on this site do so?Low level,Puck,etc?Ever?

And finally,to answer the query of where did I pick up this bit of belief?The hint I will give as to who spilled the beans is to allude to the alcohol drinking that is MANDATORY at Lodge.Those who usually do not drink and who do it by obligation in toast can't hold their liquor nor their tongue whilst drunk.Alcohol is,after all,nothing but microbe piss and brain poison in any amount.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I would say ATS has so many masons because of the nature of the site. It is the largest and best o fits kind. Because of that and because we will talk about Free Masons and other secret societies they are kinda under obligation to come here and defend their secrets.

Kinda like when the sent subversives into the Anti Masonic party and destroyed it back in the 1890s.

News Print was getting alot more popular back in that day kinda like the internet has exploded today. Its on them to stop the spread of information or dis-information depending on your point of view.

MEN DON'T NEED OTHER MEN TO BE BETTER MEN. THE BEST MEN RELY SOLELY ON THEIR OWN MERITS.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
It's because EVERY freemasonry thread is about bashing us.

One could easily anticipate that each and every thread about Masonic topics, on a conspiracy theory web site, would indeed range from the pointedly critical to a vicious bashing. I doubt anyone is surprised by such.

However, one notion continues to surprise me and has surprised me throughout the years -- why has there been no effort from Masonic governance to proactively redress what the "ATS Masons" believe are misconceptions?

Masonic involvement in nefarious deeds of the ultra-wealthy and upper-tier persons in governments have been speculated upon for decades by inquiring minds. Certainly, there is no secret as to the points of view of hundreds, if not thousands of vocal conspiracy-minded people. Why has there been no official effort, by Masonry, to provide evidence and education to "correct" these theories and blanket accusations?

Perhaps such an acknowledgment and informational campaign would do much to calm the fears of we poor misguided conspiracy theorists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join