It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scars of the girl beaten for being English in Scotland.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Scars of the girl beaten for being English in Scotland.

www.dailymail.co.uk

Lucy Newman, 22, was left with two black eyes and a broken cheekbone after a night out with friends in Aberdeen.

The beauty therapist, who is 5ft 3in tall, said: 'Two guys walked past and shouted something about the English.

'I didn't think it was aimed at me until one of them whacked me right in the face. The next thing I was lying on the ground with blood pouring from my head.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by DantesLost]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This type of racism is one that gets ignored on a regular basis.It happens throughout Britain (and no doubt in other countries) but,lets be honest,people don't care when you're Caucasian.

Without a doubt racism against people of Ethnic descent happens a whole lot more and on a far more regular basis,but that doesn't mean other types should be ignored.It doesn't mean people shouldn't be made aware that other forms of racism happen which are just as violent and disgusting.

People need to know that racism isn't just white on black,asian etc.It is white on white,black on black,asian on white,black on white,nationality against nationality etc etc.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

lots of people seem to tell that to me
the welsh and scots dont like anyone from England.

why is it anyway?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Had it been a Scot beaten up by some chavs on a South London housing estate the Daily Mail wouldn't have published a damn thing.

That being said it was a dreadful crime. Two large Scots lads attacking a woman, wow, how very brave of them. William Wallace must be spinning in his grave. It's not racism though, it's a particularly nasty little nationalism which is fairly common if truth be told. During the last world cup I wore an England skipcap walking through my town ... I only had it on about a minute before I got the first nasty look.

The English are pretty much despised in Scotland. That's a shame. But hardly surprising considering where we are right now, both nations are diverging at a rapid rate & it's only a matter of time before the United Kingdom breaks up altogether. This attack is merely a symptom of that.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by DantesLost

lots of people seem to tell that to me
the welsh and scots dont like anyone from England.

why is it anyway?

Brcause the english, as they are to most people, are royal *Bleeps* to other people.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
just the thing for the English first they took-over scotland then they forcefully transported a large portion of the highland scottish population to there colonies in Australia and North America. and now the wonder why the highland Scots that are left don't like them

en.wikipedia.org...
www.electricscotland.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Probably because of their history several centuries of war will likely do the job.
They also have their own cultures and languages. Its like being owned and dictated to by another country. Just because were on the same island doesnt mean were all the same nation and thats why Scotland and Wales have devolution and running themselves, i dont see whats wrong with that.

Im Cornish and we see ourselves as separate from England, like Scotland and Wales we are all Celts and have our own language.

This shows she doesnt understand the Scottish culture, thats a friendly welcome (ever heard of a Scottish kiss)

Seriously though you get idiots in every country.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Im not surprised at this its cowardly.

But was the United Kingdom every truly united?
The Scots have a lot of history to be angry about.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
Im not surprised at this its cowardly.

But was the United Kingdom every truly united?

No, we needed a Scottish King to keep us safe from the corruption and inquisition of the Vatican. We should break up the relationship (that is a very broken marriage) straight away.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

It never ceases to amaze me the hatred shown towards the English by the Scots yet they seem to flock to England in their droves to live!

If you hate us so much stay in County Scotland!

The English are deemed arrogant yet when other Brits display the exact same attributes they are lauded and praised for their nationalism and pride in their culture.
Hypocrisy and double standards.
I genuinely believe there is a more than just a bit of jealousy involved.

I have spent a lot of time in Scotland, predominantly Glasgow, and have some very good friends there and have always been treat with immense respect but then again I always get told that coming from the North East i'm not really English!

Seriously, I really wonder how if the 2 assailants would have attacked me, I am a 6 foot 2, 20 stone skinhead.
I am somehow doubt it!

Unfortunately there are scumbag, arsehole bigots everywhere!

This more or less sums it up!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Scots wanna be Brits and yet break away at the same time. You could be kind about their bipolar condition, or you could point out that they like to give the English kisses, Glasgow style, cruel *SNIP*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

It is known that Scots beat their women and so it is acceptable. Scots hate the English, because we persecute them by giving them more settlement in government cash than any other part of our region

Women beaters, mars bars and deep fried hate. Leave them to their filth.

That's the sort of reasoning that leads to this kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Any updates on how girl is DantesLost?
Or if the guys have been locked up?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by orgyofthedead

It is known that Scots beat their women and so it is acceptable. Scots hate the English, because we persecute them by giving them more settlement in government cash than any other part of our region

That's the sort of reasoning that leads to this kind of thing.

No, it's south of the border that we get fed up of this kind of thing. Stop looking for blame on the south and face up to the fact that you always want to go at us and we get fed up. I look forward to 2011 and the SNP breaking away into nothing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Brcause the english, as they are to most people, are royal *Bleeps* to other people.

Yes, and in England we don't beat women for being....... women. It is known that Scots beat their women and so it is acceptable. Scots hate the English, because we persecute them by giving them more settlement in government cash than any other part of our region, but an English flag on a pretty face deserves a Glasgow kiss.

I hate both Rangers and Celtic, but would not dare say so above the border.

Complete and uncensored BS.
You sound like a completely closed minded and uninformed...er..person.

I don't even know where to begin with your post.
Absolute lies and racist/xenophobic trash

[edit on 14/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

For a moment there he sounded like those comments I see about muslims lol.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Yes, and in England we don't beat women for being....... women. It is known that Scots beat their women and so it is acceptable. Scots hate the English, because we persecute them by giving them more settlement in government cash than any other part of our region, but an English flag on a pretty face deserves a Glasgow kiss.

I hate both Rangers and Celtic, but would not dare say so above the border.

The debate has moved on, it's more about the sancitmony of the Scots wanting us English to want them, but I am fed up and do not. Simple. I will admit I went into artistic mode.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

For a moment there he sounded like those comments I see about muslims lol.

Peace.

Eh?

Not a one-liner

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The debate has moved on, it's more about the sancitmony of the Scots wanting us English to want them, but I am fed up and do not. Simple. I will admit I went into artistic mode.

Oh ok... so that excuses your racist BS then does it.
My apologies... you're quite right...because you have moved on we should forget the absolute trash that you just typed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join