It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scars of the girl beaten for being English in Scotland.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
bodrul

Some people cannot let go of the past.
I travel all over Britain every year and I have to say its the Welsh who seem to have the biggest problem with the English.That's just my own personal observation.

ANNED

You think that the English weren't treated badly by their own leaders?
You think they weren't oppressed,taxed to death,worked to death and transported too?

If you keep punishing people of today for the actions of the past the wounds will never heal.

SvenTheBerserK

Nothing as yet.
If I find anything I'll post it.
Anyone else is welcome to do that if they find something before I do.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

No, it's south of the border that we get fed up of this kind of thing. Stop looking for blame on the south and face up to the fact that you always want to go at us and we get fed up. I look forward to 2011 and the SNP breaking away into nothing.

First off i think you'll find i live further south than you on this island and don't feel they way you do.
Second nobody from the north blames "you" and im sure that the Scotts will be more than capable of looking after themselves. They do not all fill you're unrealistic vision of women beating....lala blabla.

like i said before you get idiots in every country...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

The debate has moved on, it's more about the sancitmony of the Scots wanting us English to want them, but I am fed up and do not. Simple. I will admit I went into artistic mode.

Oh ok... so that excuses your racist BS then does it.
My apologies... you're quite right...because you have moved on we should forget the absolute trash that you just typed.

Was not racist. Did not express any racism. You're Scottish?

1. You want to break from the Union.

2. Please do so.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It is a shame that any man would randomly attack a small woman who had done nothing to them, regardless where, and whether or not it was fueled by racism, sexism, or nationalism.

I loathe a bully, no matter what.

As for Scots in general being any more racist or intolerant than the English, that I contest. We get plenty of "America bashing" threads here started by our English members. And many of us owe our current zip code to the English and their treatment of the Scots and Irish.

Lets face it, this is a problem PEOPLE have, that they seem to feel entitled to take their anger, frustration and greed out on those who cannot defend themselves. And its a damn shame no matter who does it. Including when it is my countrymen.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Was not racist. Did not express any racism. You're Scottish?

1. You want to break from the Union.

2. Please do so.

Perhaps xenophobic would have been a better description.

Yes clearly.. i must be Scottish as i found what you said offensive?
You really are a class act huh?

No.. I am English...Born and bred.. but that doesn't mean we all think like you.
please do yourself a favour and THINK before you type.

As a great man said..

Tell me what you gonna do when you've gotta face the manifestation of the words that you put in place?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, I'm not a class act, but I put words in place rather than take no position on the fact that the Scots want an 'Auld Enemy' yet do not face up to the fact that that is so aggressive. I'd sooner be shot of them, who said I was a 'class act?'

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am proud to be a Xenophobe in the the face of the Vatican. I am not racist, but there is a corruption in Europe which was best expressed by Jorgh Haider, we kick out Fascists when we do not have to take them as a party and a country of ours. I am not racist, but I do not trust the continental Europeans to push out extremists, they rather love it, and I do not trust Scottish extremism in the same push. Get rid both of the Fascists and Salmond's Extremists in one. His politics will never be mine. If I am a class act I will never associate with him, but alas I am not, but I still piss on him.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yes, and in England we don't beat women for being....... women. It is known that Scots beat their women and so it is acceptable. Scots hate the English, because we persecute them by giving them more settlement in government cash than any other part of our region, but an English flag on a pretty face deserves a Glasgow kiss.

I hate both Rangers and Celtic, but would not dare say so above the border.

Women beaters, mars bars and deep fried hate. Leave them to their filth.

On behalf of all intelligent English people, I apologize to all intelligent Scots for the above post and poster.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

All's good, apparently I was a 'class act.' can't see where the SNP act is going from here, it's all all 'auld enemy' and we wxpected better of you. They are very good at setting the hurdles, but not the sincerity. Let's lose Scotland. They're class. Too class for us. haha.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Lose Scotland?

Should we drive it out to the middle of nowhere and run away when its not looking?

Maybe we could use it as a stake in a game of poker.

You cannot tar millions of people with the same brush.
I'm English,you're English,but in no way do I agree with your attitude.

See how sweeping generalization doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It was the Scottish king James 6th (English king James 1st) who decided English would be the language of Scotland. So you can't blame the sasernacks for that!

Good luck to the Scots if they want to separate. I don't blame them. But you should have done it before Thatcher bled the North Sea empty of oil and let the corporations cream off all the money. It's all gone now, frittered, while Norway is still doing very well on it.

Oh well. No wonder the Scots drink.

'God save the poor Scotsman, he'll never be free
But we're entirely surrounded by water'

Old IRA song

[edit on 14-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
reply to post by redled

Lose Scotland?

Should we drive it out to the middle of nowhere and run away when its not looking?

Maybe we could use it as a stake in a game of poker.

You cannot tar millions of people with the same brush.
I'm English,you're English,but in no way do I agree with your attitude.

See how sweeping generalization doesn't work.

You're English, as me. Let the Scots realise that their friends south of the border more and more want them to find their own way. I want stuff from the British Parliament to be realised and I actually don't want the Scots a part of that. They can fight us, but they break away or they become constructive and they are caught between the two. Alex Salmond will give them true direction.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm Scottish. I like the English. There's a good few million up here who think the English are cool and that the past is the past.

The past is the past. Some of us are actually okay people. You get assholes in every nationality who are actually just looking for a fight and will use any excuse.

I lived in England for a while so to the scots I sound english and to the english I sound scottish. I also live in Aberdeen.

I wonder when it's my turn to get popped in the chops?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
I'm Scottish. I like the English. There's a good few million up here who think the English are cool and that the past is the past.

The past is the past. Some of us are actually okay people. You get assholes in every nationality who are actually just looking for a fight and will use any excuse.

I lived in England for a while so to the scots I sound english and to the english I sound scottish. I also live in Aberdeen.

Rare Scot not attacking us. Like you already. Poor definition of like, but you aren't on a sanctimonious trip. Fair play, mars bars and everything. You'll hit me for this, but it is peace and you still need the one up.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

This is horrific. I wonder how much of this is truly down to a form of nationalism or the mindless yobbish drunken faction of our society here in the UK that we see. Do they even care enough about their imediate nations?

Both my parents were Scottish and Irish (Ive heard most of the jokes, lol) as far as I am aware neither of them held any kind of animosity towards the English or vice versa. Not trying to say that this doesnt occur.

Ive been living down here in the East Midlands now for the past 8 years or so and have experienced mindless vandilism on several different occasions. Usually this takes place after a weekend and this week alone I have noticed no fewer than 4 windows on different houses that have had to be boarded up because they had been put through.

As much as I believe we wish to blame each other I do think there is a cross section of our society that is just 'scum' and gets its kicks from beating on and terrorising people they know they can hurt and get away with. What is happening here? I was raised to believe people like this were 'Cowards' I doubt they would have had a go at someone who looked like they would have fought back.

unfortunately I think this is occuring all over the UK and not just in isolated areas. It does make me feel sick and I hope they get whats coming to them.

Take care
Morgs

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

you aint bad yersel, redled.

the UK is the UK. I believe it's stronger united.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by redled

you aint bad yersel, redled.

the UK is the UK. I believe it's stronger united.

I believe it is stronger united. I also believe the Scots want out. So I reckon, let them have as much rope as they want. We need to concentrate on our own country the throat of which Alex Salmond would slit. Let them on their way, stay strong in England and Wales. Lose those north of the border that have no interest in our mutual security. The border is lowland and easy to defend against the SNP, strategically.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A lot of English want free of the union also, no point keeping together a union if it is not wanted but as for this incodent probably drunken thugs looking for any excuse to hit someone in this case the victims englishness was the excuse!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Just another lowland scot.
If you were a highlander you would understand.

clann cam-shròn in exile

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I know nothing of English/Scottish politics so I will not comment there, but it's things like this that destroy the notion of racism in my mind.

Racism is just a convenient label... it makes us think that the hatred comes from a skin color... but in truth, we just like to hate.

A different country of birth, or a different accent, that's enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join