It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen if say 1 million people refused to file taxes on basis of govt waste

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont know if htis is the right thread but....

The way I see it between the normal pork barrel spending the bailouts and just for the sake of it the wars. What would happen if 1 million people (just a number for sake of arguement but even with 500k) joined and said we will not pay taxes until the govt stops wasting money and handing out bailouts.

I mean I feel thats fair why should people pay taxes so that the govt can taket he money and use it in ways that they wont even reveal.

I just think that if that many people did something the IRS resources and hell even the jails would not be able to handle the problem.

Think of it sure the IRS would go after some people but they cant go after 500k people. Can They?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Think of it sure the IRS would go after some people but they cant go after 500k people. Can They?

Ummm…yes.

And you would never get that many people to go along with it. Despite how angry 99% of America is with the government, about 98% are more concerned with staying low and providing for their families and wouldn't take such a risk.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think that if enough people did it, you'd definitely see a response. The problem is: it's too damn hard to organize people. Even if people say that they agree and will go along, there's always those that are just lying really. I don't think people realize the power they could potentially have if they would stop squabbling and organize.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Did you know there is no law in existence that says we have to pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FightLies
Did you know there is no law in existence that says we have to pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX?

Mighty fine point

Taken from the film:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When the Browns did it some people rallied to their support. Many, many, many more people called them selfish, treasonous, repeatedly called for heads.

For every 1 person who sees the basic injustice and resists there are 300 others fearing if this one guy doesnt pay his bill the sun will never again rise.

Maybe you can trick them into not paying their taxes but using the truth doesnt do any good with the sheep.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Eventually they'd coerce you into paying something, or they'd just take whatever property they can get their hands on.

If you stick a protest label, the MSM will undoubtedly get involved, and the IRS will probably just wait a few years until the sheep forget about it, then quietly take you away.

If you manage to get a million folks on your side, there are already prison camps in place for that sort of thing.

US Prison Camps

Death and taxes indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Well guess what?

Income tax is actually a FRAUD - the govt started it, even though the votes were against it in the early 1900's. Look it up.

So, that then takes us to the PRA (paperwork reduction act) - and OMB numbers.

Wow, okay, here we go......

Long story short - people have won cases from the OMB's not being valid on 1040's. In fact I contacted the lawyer who won a case, recently.

Look at the OMB numbers they have stayed the same on 1040's but they are suppose to change every 3 years due to the PRA .

Now the govt. knows this, and now they say it is a statute that requires us to pay taxes, but the reality is, due to the fact that income tax is actually a fraud - they can not change the OMB numbers - as the 1040 is not actually a valid document.

overview of PRA site: www.fws.gov...

an explaination of how the tax code reads:
citizensfortruthingovernment.org...

here is a case won:www.givemeliberty.org...

(this is the attorney, who I am corresponding with - and we have discussed trying to do something nationwide)

here is an IRS site - saying you don't need to file something without a vaild OMB number: edocket.access.gpo.gov...

Also you will see on the IRS sites statements say:

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
Paperwork Reduction Act
These temporary regulations are being issued without prior notice and public procedure pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. 553). For this reason, the collection of information contained in these regulations has been reviewed and, pending receipt and evaluation of public comments, approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1545-1418. Responses to this collection of information are required to obtain a tax benefit.

An agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless the collection of information displays a valid OMB control number.

For further information concerning this collection of information, and where to submit comments on the collection of information and the accuracy of the estimated burden, and suggestions for reducing this burden, please refer to the preamble to the cross-referencing notice of proposed rulemaking published in this issue of the Bulletin. Books or records relating to a collection of information must be retained as long as their contents may become material in the administration of any internal revenue law. Generally, tax returns and tax return information are confidential, as required by 26 U.S.C. 6103.

I have a lot of information I have been compiling about the IRS income tax fraud. There is actually too much to put down here, as I have been researching this for a few months now - I have been sharing some Supreme court rulings etc with the attorney in the one article.

There are ideas and thoughts on how to get the American people more aware of income tax being illegal. People have to do it altogether though.

Personally, I resent paying taxes just for them to go to billionaires and banks - as the rest of us trying to pay our bills.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

that's the most important video for any American to watch at this point in time!!

if everyone viewed that, the world would truly be a better place!

everyone i show that video to changes their outlook on taxes...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well I have heard many times about the whole income tax situation being illegal anyway. But this to me is just icing on the cake, the main thing I see people rebelling against is paying taxes that then go to those with connections and favors. While the rest of us are to fend for ourselves. So pay us taxes but you dont get healthcare, you dont get education, you dont get a say in how its spent.

This is the problem I see, that the money is being used for things that clearly not in the best interest of society.

But in regards to those concentration camps WOW that is insane. Even still I dont think the government will lock up 1 million people in camps like that because they refuse to pay taxes.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I haven't yet heard of how those who have lost over half or more of their retirement funds will be given any type of tax credit and for how many years. Imagine how upset these people would be if they owed taxes or wouldn't get anything back. I'm not familiar with tax losses and filings, so I don't know what's typical.

California has been said it will nto be able to pay out tax returns? Sounds like they will needing a bailout just for the state.

A former relative decided he wasn't going to pay federal taxes anymore, but the place he worked for refused to go along. Supposedly when you fill out the W4, this is a contract?

Who's going to hire someone who doesn't do this?

It will definately be an interesting tax year filing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have sat in that "little room" at the IRS office and can tell you that if 1 million people refused to pay at the same time, 1 million would be in a heap of trouble! They don't care, they just want their frigin money.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by FightLies

Mighty fine point

Taken from the film:
Freakin EXCELLENT videos!!!! I am not gona file this year, and I hope they come after me!!! " Where's the law?" I will say. Will you guys back me up?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Freakin EXCELLENT videos!!!! I am not gona file this year, and I hope they come after me!!! " Where's the law?" I will say. Will you guys back me up?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would back you up. In fact I would be more than happy to join you, as I am sure many others would be to.

Ok I am not a good writer so I am putting this out for some one who is to help me fix it. This is meant to be a single paragraph explaining why people should not pay taxes in 2009.

The Federal government has grown and grown at the expense of ordinary citizens and states. It has taken upon itself to hand out the money of the people, to those who have earned favors from the lawmakers. States are in fiscal distress partly from their own doing but also because the majority of taxes that private citizens and businesses pay goes to the federal government, who mismanages the funds much more greatly than any state.

Again this is just a starting point, please add to or take away from or edit as see fit, it may need to be 2 paragraphs in length but I do not think it should be more.

Any help is much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

If enough people refuse to pay taxes in my opinion the government will go after those people by cutting off their food supply, water, electric and sewer.

How will they do this just use your imagination? A desperate and broke Nation will resort to desperate means to collect taxes any way they can.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Pammy You've got my support!

(I live in Europe does that count?)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am not saying to stop paying bills, or even to not pay state taxes these are understandable. What I am saying is that the bulk of our money goes to the federal government who has lost all concept of being for the people. So the best way to respond is to cut off funding just like any parent does to their college kid who fails a class because they partied to much.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Does anybody here know that the IRS is not even a U.S. Government agency? Its an agency of the IMF, The imf is a division of the U.N. If you can go on youtube and look up " 30 little little known facts about america" My computer wont let me post the video, But check it out if you get a free minute. Very informative.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
However if you receive any money or benefits from the govt. you are required to pay taxes, this is the catch 22.

If you work for the state or federal, if you receive unemployment, food stamps, tuition benefits from the govt., etc. The law then does require you pay federal income tax and file at the end of the year.

This I had found out about by watching a case in court, because the party received nothing from the govt. and worked under no govt. branch of services she was found innocent and not required to pay taxes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join