It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen if say 1 million people refused to file taxes on basis of govt waste

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
In 1999 it was reported on average 67 million inhabitants of the US did not pay or file their taxes. How much greater do you suppose that number is today? Nevermind the FACT that there is no law requiring the average American to even pay or file. How do you suppose they are dealing with those types of numbers when they cry tax evasion. Don't be suckered - they're not as powerful as they would have you believe. The people have been and will continue to be the Power in this country if not only through our sheer numbers.

yeah,, but if you happen to get caught ,, they can make your life a living hell,,, as i'm sure many can attest to

that's true that 67 million fact,,, i forgot about that from freedom to fascism,,, great vid,,, but watching it makes me feel sick and oh, so angry
something everyone should see once for sure

poor smokin joe

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My guess is that the government would come down very hard on the ringleaders of the movement and give slaps on the wrist to the other people involved. I worked for a guy who joined a group of tax protestors. He owed about $200,000 in back taxes and eventually got busted. The Feds cut a deal with him where he would avoid jail time in exchange for his cooperation in bringing down the leaders of the group.

The guy I know who got busted still took a hard hit. The IRS effectively drove him into bankruptcy and took pretty much everything from him. I do not know what happened to the leaders, but I would imagine they did some major prison time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would like to respond to those who say that there are no laws on the books that justify the income tax. That could be further from the truth. 26 USC Section 1 imposes taxes on indivuals. www4.law.cornell.edu...

Nobody enjoys paying taxes. The tax system is not perfect and may seem unfair at times. Nevertheless, tax avoidance is a crime. You can be punished for avoiding taxes. If you choose to avoid paying taxes, you should realize that if you are caught, you will get punished. There is no legal argument that will save you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I would like to respond to those who say that there are no laws on the books that justify the income tax. That could be further from the truth. 26 USC Section 1 imposes taxes on indivuals. www4.law.cornell.edu...

Nobody enjoys paying taxes. The tax system is not perfect and may seem unfair at times. Nevertheless, tax avoidance is a crime. You can be punished for avoiding taxes. If you choose to avoid paying taxes, you should realize that if you are caught, you will get punished. There is no legal argument that will save you.

yes but million standing together is the point,,, they can;'t lock up say 3 million or 5 million people at once

and really,,,,i doubt it would ever happen,,, we're not dedicated enuff in america

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Whats the point of paying taxes if the government can "make" money out of nothing? They clearly dont need our pennies when they go through trillions a year.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join