It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial coffee drinkers 'hallucinate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Serial coffee drinkers 'hallucinate'

news.ninemsn.com.au

Serial coffee drinkers are more likely to have hallucinations or feel "the presence of dead people", new research shows.

The UK-based study quizzed 200 students on their caffeine intake and found those with the highest consumption were also more prone to report seeing or hearing things that were not there.

Those who consumed a daily equivalent of seven cups of instant coffee or more - high caffeine users - were three times more likely to have extra-sensory experiences than low users, who had less than one cup daily.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, considering some of the posts here on ATS, maybe we are all drinking to much caffeine. Maybe pyshics are all caffeine-aholics too

But seriously, what does everyone think? Is caffeine bad for you or good for you? Im not sure what to think due the conflicting evidence on both sides of the argument.

Thoughts?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My god, I consume about 20 extra large ones per day. I think this is a joke.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
nonsense...i drink a pot and a half of whole-bean ground coffee every morning and i've been doing this for a decade or so. no unusual sights or sounds except for my wife telling me i drink too much coffee
but seriously...nothing...nada....it just gets me alert for the day.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So what if I go down a 12pack of Redbull?

Will I see any dead relatives BEFORE my heart beats itself to exhaustion and I die?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
My god, I consume about 20 extra large ones per day. I think this is a joke.

Good lord how does your heart cope with that!!

And the story is not a joke by any means

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Time to ban it then, its obviously a dangerous drug like Hash.

I wondered why I keep hearing voices, I wonder if the members of this forum drink too much coffee, this would explain the weird array of conspiracy's which pop up

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What exactly does sensing dead people feel like?

Who was the fist guy to have a strange sensation and claim it to be "the presence of dead people"?

Everyday people rush to the emergency room fearing heart attacks only to be sent home with indigestion.

Maybe these folks sensing dead people (whatever that means) should just take a Tums and put their feet up for a while.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This probably applies to all stimulants. Coffee, coc aine, Meth all have similar effects on the body, some are just more powerful than others. I say to these researchers, "Oh really, Captain Obvious."

[edit on 14-1-2009 by th3dudeabides]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

Not to derail the thread but...

You do realize that hash is simply a marijuana concentrate?

There is no evidence that hash is in fact more harmful than caffeine... or that hash is harmful to anything beyond reducing the overall production capacity for an individual worker.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
At this very moment I'm hallucinating that I'm typing posts on a strange site about conspiracies and hallucinations while drinking coffee. Time for another cup while I think this over.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue the discussion:

Drink coffee, see dead people

Thread Closed

top topics

join