It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Translations compared

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Trinity = bad doctrine

No translation I have read supports the trinity. Yeah, the verse about the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" sounds like it supports trinitarian views but exploring the nature of the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible proves that the Holy Spirit is not a separate god but is the spirit of God working in people's lives. Jesus and God are two separate beings in heaven with God being the head and Jesus being the spokesman (after all, He was the Word of God before He was Jesus).

I personally thing that if a bible translation uses the term "Holy Ghost" instead of "Holy Spirit" then there is a trinitarian agenda with that translation. All you have to do is think about it to understand why.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to [url=http://www.belowtopsecret.com/forum/thread427710I personally thing that if a bible translation uses the term "Holy Ghost" instead of "Holy Spirit" then there is a trinitarian agenda with that translation. All you have to do is think about it to understand why.

things is, at least in greek, ghost and spirit are pretty much the same word. but they have the same context of ¨force¨ which i think alot of people dont realize

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I do feel that the english translation should read "spirit" instead of ghost. A ghost by definition is something that died and and now haunts in the afterlife. A spirit is the essence of everlasting life. Though both words represent the presense of "force", one represents life and one represents death. I don't believe in ghosts anyways. Spirit beings are all around us and may explain so-called "close encounters". Well, what do you think about that explanation? I just feel like the english translations should correct many mistranslations.... like the word "hell".

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I agree with your points on the Spirit VS Ghost, you are correct.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't believe in ghosts anyways. Spirit beings are all around us and may explain so-called "close encounters". Well, what do you think about that explanation?

for the most part i agree

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

WoW!!! We agree on something? Just kidding. I know we agree on many things. And thank you BlueJay. I tried to explain it best I could. It's like saying the term "Holy Ghost" is like talking about a physical being that died and is now haunting the world. Holy Spirit explains the fact that God's power is at work. That's probably a better way to explain it. Spirit represents power and Holy Spirit represents God's power. Ghost represents an imaginary aspect to human existence after death.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

WoW!!! We agree on something? Just kidding. I know we agree on many things. And thank you BlueJay. I tried to explain it best I could. It's like saying the term "Holy Ghost" is like talking about a physical being that died and is now haunting the world. Holy Spirit explains the fact that God's power is at work. That's probably a better way to explain it. Spirit represents power and Holy Spirit represents God's power. Ghost represents an imaginary aspect to human existence after death.

i think that alot of false doctrine hinge on the idea that we are immortal and that we cant die. in fact i havent seen too many religions that teach otherwise. most stress an afterlife, or reincarnation.

it shouldnt be surprising though, god said if they´d eat, they would die. satan said they would NOT die. so its interesting that the prevailing belief among man is that we dont die.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Basically following the "false religious system" or "Babylonian mystery religion" that is to take full control in the Tribulation. Following Satan instead of God.

By the way, I noticed you commented on the thread about the Tower of Babel and prophecy link. You should check it out again and read my comment. I have an interesting take on that theory you'd probably be interested in.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join