It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Bible, Man's book or God's Word?

page: 32
25
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Je m'escuse.....when were the writings you concur with written? They were ALL written after the time of Christ. Probably the Gospel of Mark being the earliest and that was at the beginning of the 2nd Century.

Calvinism is a toughy (joyless) It may interest you (maybe not) but the area of land where I live is the lands given to the Stewarts....or as they were originally known The Fitz-Alans. They arrived here at the time of the Norman conquests i.e. they are of french origin. TheyStewards were the Royal Stewards to the Bruce's. The first 6 high stewards of Scotland are burried in my local Abbey. King James's mammie...mary queen of scots was a roman catholic, but of course he was never raised by her since she was locked in the tower for almost two decades by her cousin.

All our discussion is really identifying (not even proving) is that so many believe their beliefs are THE true beliefs. How can any of that be debated? I can argue, test and prove scientific arguments...one cannot argue against 'faith'....because it is blind belief.

Calvinism just ain't no fun. It denies the joy of humanity. God gave us the ability to dance, sing, celebrate life...oh and to think independently. I think we should honour Him and use the gifts he gave us.




posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66
 

I am not a Calvinist, nor do I agree with some of their teachings. I believe Jesus Christ our Lord died for ALL men, not a select few. What saves us and makes us heirs of God is faith in what Christ already has done. They also believe in infant baptisms and there is zero evidence of an infant being baptized in the Word of God. Not once. Calvinists and Catholics when they baptize infants are baptizing non-believers. And littered throughout the Word the prerequisite for baptism was first belief.


[edit on 6-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What Bible do you read? Which version of the Truth? Or do you just 'feel' your way? Your comments re non celebration of christmas, easter etc are Calvinistic wether you're aware of that or not.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
What Bible do you read? Which version of the Truth? Or do you just 'feel' your way? Your comments re non celebration of christmas, easter etc are Calvinistic wether you're aware of that or not.
There is some truth to what Calvinists believe and I share, but I reject all 5 points of Calvinism, or the T.u.L.I.P. doctrine if you will. And I read the KJV.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
mR. Gunderson,

May I suggest you get a donkey, a snake and fire retardant bush then hire a ventriloquest and you will have an awsome party.

just make sure that the bush is grade FR4/5 to be on the safe side.

ty,
edmc2



I tried that at my last party where I tricked my friends into helping me build a boat big enough to fit two of every animal on Earth onto. I appreciate the suggestion but I believe I read that the bible is pure truth and that is a fact so I was hoping that person could tell me where to get real talking donkeys. Unless maybe they were mistaken?



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by edmc^2
mR. Gunderson,

May I suggest you get a donkey, a snake and fire retardant bush then hire a ventriloquest and you will have an awsome party.

just make sure that the bush is grade FR4/5 to be on the safe side.

ty,
edmc2



I tried that at my last party where I tricked my friends into helping me build a boat big enough to fit two of every animal on Earth onto. I appreciate the suggestion but I believe I read that the bible is pure truth and that is a fact so I was hoping that person could tell me where to get real talking donkeys. Unless maybe they were mistaken?


LOL wuuuuut?? You really think God told Noah to bring two of every animal on Earth into the ark? You may want to re-read Genesis there mate.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
LOL wuuuuut?? You really think God told Noah to bring two of every animal on Earth into the ark? You may want to re-read Genesis there mate.


I never mentioned your god or Noah. Neither of them were ever invited to any of my parties.

I will bite though. What did your god tell him to bring onto the ark? A couple good examples of each "kind?"



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
LOL wuuuuut?? You really think God told Noah to bring two of every animal on Earth into the ark? You may want to re-read Genesis there mate.


I never mentioned your god or Noah. Neither of them were ever invited to any of my parties.

I will bite though. What did your god tell him to bring onto the ark? A couple good examples of each "kind?"
Correct, we may have thousands of different kinds of dogs/wolves/coyotes etc, but all that was needed was 1 pair of the kind, another pair for the horses kind, etc. There were no sea animals, fishes, etc.

It's absurd to think God commanded Noah to build a boat that would fit two of 'every animal on Earth'. No need for you to 'bite' though, if you want to mock at lest do so with accuracy and not ridiculous straw man arguments mmmkay sweetie??



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Correct, we may have thousands of different kinds of dogs/wolves/coyotes etc, but all that was needed was 1 pair of the kind, another pair for the horses kind, etc. There were no sea animals, fishes, etc.


You are going to have to show me a few things. Quote from the bible explaining above. Please explain the scientific term for "kind."

You are also going to have to tell me where it says no sea creatures.


It's absurd to think God commanded Noah to build a boat that would fit two of 'every animal on Earth'. No need for you to 'bite' though, if you want to mock at lest do so with accuracy and not ridiculous straw man arguments mmmkay sweetie??


Not sure I am comfortable with that level of familiarity from you. I built no straw man. I just did not decide to make up my own version of things. I eagerly await your backup.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Could the New Testament have been written as a NWO kind of program? There is room for conspiracy here what with the introduction of the Julian Calendar at about the same time in history etc. It probably was a group effort with collaboration from different secular intellectual interests as well as religious leaders.

I'm a sinner in that sometimes when the religious dogma of the scriptures conflicts with my sense of reason, I wax allegorical a little and try to get a more harmonious perspective that way.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And you think the King James Version is THE word of God? Lol...I already told you James was simply a canny polititian. He was Scottish and even as the Royals of Britain we had to get shot of them because they were nasty and corrupt. Fitz-Alan's/Steward's/Stewarts = conmen. You read the most politically acceptable form of the Bible to the elite establishment.....'and the meek shall inherit the Earth' hahaha



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


lol....just what exactly are you saying here. Oh and I never asked for, nor do I require your forgiveness.
My point is this, the gnostic scriptures, and Gnosticism were created after the death of Christ by pagans. It's heresies and deceit sown by the devil.



Christ never died. I`ll explain in the next thread. Yep, sown by something made up by the church to keep the people in line.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by christina-66
It may help if you let me know what branch of christianity you do 'believe' in....lol
I believe in Christ alone, not the traditions of men.



Nothing wrong with believing in the Christ.




God's Word is my final authority, and my salvation is a free gift from God through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ and His shed blood. He is the narrow way to God.



The free gift God gave you, was free will. Salvation comes when we fully accept and understand that which is within us. God is already within, you just need to look.



I'm non-denominational. I'm a member of the body of Christ, nothing more.



Christ is not a body, and never was. Jesus was the man, Christ was the consciousness given to Jesus by our Creator.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux
 


Some would say that it is Jesus and the Christ. And the Christ (energy) can occur in any one of us at any time. An enlightenment.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson
 


Briefly:

"2. The Animal Passengers. In Gen. 6:19ff. Noah is instructed to bring mated pairs of every kind of bird, every kind of animal, and every kind of creature that moves along the ground. In Gen. 7:2ff. He is more specifically instructed to bring seven mated pairs (14) of clean animals and seven pairs of all birds.

a. The Number of animals. Only air-breathing animals needed to be included on the Ark. Authorities on taxonomy estimate that there are less than 18,000 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians living in the world today. We might double this to allow for extinct species. This would gives us 36,000 species times 2, or 72,000 animals. Adding for the clean animals, we might say there were as many as 75,000 animals. Earlier we said there was room enough in the Ark for 125,000 sheep, but most animals are smaller than a common house cat. There appears to be plenty of space for the preservation of the animal life. However, some creationists believe there may have been far fewer animals if Noah only took on board pairs of "kinds" as the word is used in Genesis 1. God created these "kinds" with potential for rich genetic diversity. For instance, at the time of Christ there existed only two types of dogs. All the diversity we see in the modern breeds of dogs came from these two! "


Here



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And you think the King James Version is THE word of God? Lol...I already told you James was simply a canny polititian. He was Scottish and even as the Royals of Britain we had to get shot of them because they were nasty and corrupt. Fitz-Alan's/Steward's/Stewarts = conmen. You read the most politically acceptable form of the Bible to the elite establishment.....'and the meek shall inherit the Earth' hahaha
James became a born again believer late in life, secondly James never interpreted the Greek and Hebrew. Modern translations have numerous omissions and inconsistencies, with the NIV being the most perverted bible in existence.

KJV: Facts VS Myths



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


lol....just what exactly are you saying here. Oh and I never asked for, nor do I require your forgiveness.
My point is this, the gnostic scriptures, and Gnosticism were created after the death of Christ by pagans. It's heresies and deceit sown by the devil.



Christ never died. I`ll explain in the next thread. Yep, sown by something made up by the church to keep the people in line.
That old dog has been beat long ago. Yes Christ died, not by the hands of men though, He freely gave his life for us.



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux
 

You're wrong..


Ephesians 2:8-9:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by FiatLux

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


lol....just what exactly are you saying here. Oh and I never asked for, nor do I require your forgiveness.
My point is this, the gnostic scriptures, and Gnosticism were created after the death of Christ by pagans. It's heresies and deceit sown by the devil.



Christ never died. I`ll explain in the next thread. Yep, sown by something made up by the church to keep the people in line.
That old dog has been beat long ago. Yes Christ died, not by the hands of men though, He freely gave his life for us.



No, Christ did not die, the Christ consciousness can not be killed, it is alive and well, and amongst us. And yes, Jesus died by the hands of men who were of the plan. He gave his life to teach us.



[edit on 6-7-2010 by FiatLux]



posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by FiatLux
 

You're wrong..


Ephesians 2:8-9:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."



That proves what I am saying.


"For by grace are ye saved through faith" Yes, faith in that within.

"and that not of yourselves" Yes, faith not in the self, but faith in the all that is within us.

"it is the gift of God:" Yes, when the self is put aside, and the Creator within, is then free to flow from within.

"Not of works, lest any man should boast" Correct, the self is of the material, and the all is of spirit, hence, grace comes from the spirit, not the material.





[edit on 6-7-2010 by FiatLux]




top topics



 
25
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

log in

join