It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blocks Iran's Relief Ship To Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yeah, sort of. See what I said was that they should have contacted Israel prior to sending a ship and given Israel the aid to distribute.

Israel was stopping combat actions for periods of three hours to allow aid into Gaza.

Video

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A certain senator was quoted as saying something along these lines...

IF IRAN CAN'T SUPPORT PALESTINE, THE US CAN'T SUPPORT ISRAEL.

Which makes sense.

One day the world will call for israels demise, and since they have stepped on every toe on their way into power, the world will be MORE then happy to oblige.

This day creeps sooner with every bomb dropped in Gaza.

And now that the world knows that israel controls Bush, this day just jumped JUMPED forward.

This will all be over soon...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

An honest observer might say the Iranians have already provided MORE than enough aid to the 'Palestinians'.

In fact, they might say that is PRECISELY why they are in the pickle they are in right now!

The 'Palestinians' problems are 100% caused by the Arab/Muslim/Persian usage of the civilian population as expendable/cannon fodder in their pursuit of a goal they haven't been able to accomplish...

Despite MANY bites at the apple!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Well why didnt you??? Its like that guy who invented the MP3 in the 80's eh!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Yeah, sort of. See what I said was that they should have contacted Israel prior to sending a ship and given Israel the aid to distribute.

Israel was stopping combat actions for periods of three hours to allow aid into Gaza.

Video

Given israel the aid to distribute?!?!

Do you realize what you just said??

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

An honest observer might say the Iranians have already provided MORE than enough aid to the 'Palestinians'.

In fact, they might say that is PRECISELY why they are in the pickle they are in right now!

The 'Palestinians' problems are 100% caused by the Arab/Muslim/Persian usage of the civilian population as expendable/cannon fodder in their pursuit of a goal they haven't been able to accomplish...

Despite MANY bites at the apple!

I would think that an honest observer would see that the US giving weapons to people with an inferiority complex was the problem, now the rest of the world ie Russa and China through Iran, are trying to ensure it will be a fair fight.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85

I doubt this was/is a publicity stunt, too many people are twisting this to the propeganda side, not one word of the ship has or will be heard in western media, let alone any world media, outside the middle east. So what is Iran trying to publicise? They care for their fellow humans?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Saf85]

Propaganda side? This article was released by an Iranian news agency. The ones that report news to the 70,000 something students volunteering to suicide bomb Israel. They don't have to be doing it to persuade the western countries.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Egypt blocked it too...... yet everyone is only bashing Israel?

They are at war, I’m not surprised it was blocked, plus Israel has aid for Gaza that they distribute already.

Iran knew this is what would happen and that was their whole point in doing it, to make headlines!

Mikey

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Check this out! It's a guess so just forgive me if I am wrong. Israel is not able to stop the rocket fire caused by a Gaza militants and they don't want to reoccupy the Gaza. There is a growing international call for Israel stop their actions in Gaza. So, Obama comes into office on the 20th and puts his people at work at the Israel-Gaza situation. They manage to work out a deal, Israel can pull out with most of the attention on Obama and the man comes out looking like a hero. The UN is happy, Obama is happy and still supports Israel while satisfying liberals concerns and the Gaza is in fear of Israel which means they are happy too. Maybe the issue will progress by then making Hamas leadership scared enough to accept a deal making them think they are coming out good too.

How does that sound?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Styki]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Video

Israel has moved the time for Humanitarian aid to get in without notifying anyone up to two hours earlier if my memory serves me.
They have opened fire on delivery drivers delivering the aid, in fact they shut off all aid, that is why Hamas started firing rockets over the wall again.

could you imagine Iran calling up Israel to say they want to deliver aid, the Israeli pollitition would be "Hello! hello! who is this? is this a joke? are you from that crazy radio morning show?, don't you know there is a war going on! what do you mean "aid"?" "you crazy kids stop calling me!"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

>'I would think that an honest observer would see that the US giving weapons to people with an inferiority complex was the problem, now the rest of the world ie Russa and China through Iran, are trying to ensure it will be a fair fight.'

I'm sorry I thought this was a reality based thread... I must be in the wrong forum.

You might want to get a little more informed...

Israel is a NET EXPORTER of weapons systems.

The Middle East is kind of like an intelligence test of countries. Eqypt, Turkey, Jordan have passed...

Apparently, the 'Palestinians' are just slow learners.

Ah... such is the lot of us honest observers.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well if they really cared about the people in the Gaza and were intelligent enough to realize that's the only why it's going to get to them then they would be accept it. But hey! How about they keep sending cargo ships!

I have read some conflicting reports about the reason aid stopped.

Here

In that situation there is an issue between the politics and what is happening on the ground. If I was in charge and responsible for soldiers lives then we do not sit there and take fire. I would be sorry that the whole political process stopped but we would not just sit there and take fire.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

ain't that the truth. Anything else coming from the TehranTimes would be laughed at as a credible source but for this headline, its 100% legit - yeah right. Thank you Iran for your journalistic integrity. Where would the world be without you?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Reading many of these posts make me realize how much of a "spoon fed" people we are. We think and say whatever the media wishes us to think and say. Few people actually think for themselves, preferring to repeat sensationalist headlines. The media throws out words like holocaust and genocide knowing this will inflame public opinion. Don't think for yourselves, let them pick the "bad guys" for you. To me, "bad guys" are terrorists who daily launch rockets into another country from civilian neighborhoods and school yards knowing that when retaliation comes, civilian casualties will occur. They hope this will garner headlines and sway support away from Israel. Glad to see so many of you take the bait.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

the source you provided was interesting. here is a quote

The truce was part of Israel's stated desire to open a "humanitarian corridor" into Gaza in response to mounting concerns over shortages of food, water and medicine in the territory since Israeli airstrikes began December 27.

that sounds wonderful until you understand that the supplies where shut off for a month prior to December 27

A United Nations aid agency on Tuesday said it would have to halt food distribution to 750,000 needy Gazans by Friday if Israel kept the territory sealed.

Agency spokesman Chris Gunness said food stockpiles are running low. Israel has not said when it will re-open the crossings.

It had closed them and blocked shipments of European Union-funded fuel for a week in response to a surge in rocket attacks by Palestinian militants, who said they were responding to an Israel Defense Forces raid that killed six gunmen on Nov.4
./www.haaretz.com...

so when do you think the aid stopped reaching Gaza?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sure Israel cut off the aid, yes I know this. I am going to tell you something that believe and will support 100%. Israel has a priority to defend it's own citizens first. Israel is not responsible for sending aid into the Gaza.

In all these threads about Egypt cutting off aid I think people are sending the wrong message. The message is not that everybody is bashing Israel the message should be that another country is having problems with the Gaza too.

Look at this

And this

I stand by what I have always said. The Israeli government has an obligation to it's people to protect them. The people of Israel come first and the people in the Gaza come second, and that is what anyone should expect out of their government. I would expect no less if rockets were randomly falling on my town. The sad part is that the Hamas government cannot control it's people and that this problem came up.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEE ISRAELS ACTION AGANIST ANNYOING MUSLIM BEAST..........YES I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION , IS THIS WHAT UR ISLAM TEACHES? DOES ALLAH WANTS ATROCITIES ,,,,,KILLING SNALL CHILDREN N DOMINATING WOMEN? IS THIS RELIGION? SHAME ISLAM SHAME!!!! HAIL ISRAEL FOR GOOD ACTIONS .............GOOD LESSON TO MAD, ANNOYING MUSLIM BEAST ....GOOD LUCK ISRAEL

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
A lot of people seem to be missing a very important point in this Israel/Gaza Strip argument.

It is NOT Israel's responsibility to give a damn or to take care of the people in the Gaza Strip. That land was returned. It is also not Israel's responsibility to open her borders to the very people that openly call for her destruction!

This is yet another production of "Pallywood"! "Look at how mean Israel is to us!" If you hold Israel responsible, you should also hold Egypt, Jordan, and Syria responsible.

As for the UN, to hell with them. They've become nothing but a lobby for the portion of the world that wants America's demise (after taking all her "aid money" first of course!)

[edit on 14-1-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
We have a new problem also now...lebanon!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Now just imagine this...there never being a truce and things just end up getting worse. We need to start connecting the dots here and realize there may be no going back at this point, because this may be the point of no return.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join