It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blocks Iran's Relief Ship To Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Israel Blocks Iran's Relief Ship To Gaza

www.tehrantimes.com

TEHRAN -- The Zionist regimes’ navy blocked Iranian aid ship to the Gaza Strip, Iranian Red Crescent Society director Ahmad Moussavi announced here on Tuesday.

The cargo ship, loaded with 2,000 tons of humanitarian aid including foods and medicines, was intercepted at about 20 miles from Gaza’s shore, Moussavi said.

On Egypt’s interception of the Iranian air cargo, which sought to take 30 tons of humanitarian aid to Gaza, he said, “The cargo was also stopped at El-Arish in Egypt...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now we get the waited news about Iranian Aid ship...

Iran aid ship coordinated to reach Gaza

An Iranian ship carrying humanitarian aid for Palestinians heads toward the Gaza Strip after obtaining required paperwork to dock.

www.presstv.ir...

What is happening in dark sea is unknown, everything can happen, and we dont know what orders has given to captain.

“We are conferring with the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) to find a way for the ship to dock at the port of Gaza,” Moussavi said, adding that in the case of not achieving the desired results “the cargo ship will be sent to Cairo”.

That ship will not pass to Gaza... Thats what we all thought... Maybe this was done only to get more attention to Irans aid efforts - but failed to succeed in general.

One more shot against Israeli pro-war propaganda, with Irans counter propaganda...

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Disgusting.

The US is giving the Israeli's hundreds of weapons and ammunition in their shipments, yet they won't let this ship provide food, medicine and fuel.

The world makes me sick sometimes.

I hope all you warmongers are happy, happy knowing that dying children won't get the treatment they so desperately need, knowing that your tax money is funding these criminals and allowing the genocide of innocent people.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, and when looking more WP bombs landing to Urban area all the time, urgent help is needed... This is just massacre, nothing else.

Gaza Live and burning now at stream...
switch3.castup.net...

[edit on 13-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I could have wrote this last week.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Definetly what we all waited. But how the blocking would be done, was very unknown... Lets wait more news, how they stop that ship? Its not a boat.

Have they fire against the boat? - Its all unclear in this moment.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Your disgust is new but this has been going on for decades my friend...not to mention how many sick, starving, and dying children need care in Africa and other poor nations...What about them?

Its not about Israel and Hamas right now, its about humanity. How far we've come only to be knocked down again by war. War yet again prevents us from moving forward. These children aren't dying in vein. Its affecting all of us now on a global level. These crimes will not go unpunished, justice will be served whether it be now or years to come. You cannot blame fingers at Israel and Hamas, just certain people within that have created this conflict. Thats racism to declare that without seeing the true fault here. We as a people will never evolve if we continue to destroy what we create. Israel is like Russia when they attacked Georgia...relentless, controlling, and irrefutably not giving up anytime soon. Want to blame someone, blame all of our leaders for sitting in their million dollar mansions not doing anything for the common good of the people. This is just the beginning my friend...Wait til you see of whats to come. 2009 will make 2008 seem like a tea cup ride.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I suppose Iran might be able to dock the ship in Somalia than? I've read the pirates there would welcome them with um, open arms.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

I try to see your point, but you offer false information.

"Israel is like Russia when they attacked Georgia..."

No, they did not.

And we all can condemn Israeli acts with tens of violations against international laws made in this operation, there is nothing which justifies these crimes. They are waging war against UN resolution - only that is enough!

Enough is enough!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Given the population density of Gaza this is hardly a 'massacre'. That doesn't make it right or take away from the suffering one bit. But massacre is a strong word. If Israel had wanted a massacre there would already be tens of thousands dead. Again, save the flames, I don't support Israel on this. Nor do I support any other extreme views.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This was obviously done to bring up more negative press against Israel. Everyone knew Israel was not going to let an Iranian ship through to the Gaza. Iran knew as well, but they also knew what headlines all of you would be reading if they sent the ship anyways.

So back to reality. There is absolutely no way the Israeli navy was going to allow an Iranian ship carrying "aid" to get to Gaza. Not only is the cargo of the ship a risk but the safety of those on the ship. Israel has aid for those in Gaza which they let through at various planned times.

If Iran had really been interested in sending aid to Gaza then they should have contacted Israel and sent the aid to them to be distributed. Everybody knew this we are going to go in and hand the aid to those in Gaza ploy was destine to failure from the start.

But hey! It makes good headlines!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Styki]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The fastest way was by plane and through Egypt. Taking the long route to give aid to people who need it is well....

Ridiculous.

Propaganda 101 at play.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

You may be right about it being a publicity stunt, but who the hell is Israel to deny another group of people "aid"?

They have no right, whether they are in war or not, them denying the civilians of gaza "aid" is blatant disregard for their well being.

Edited to make point that prior to this article I would have supported Israel's decision www.abovetopsecret.com... e=1#pid5630064

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well the Isralies say they didnt stop any boat from Iran.

The Navy did not stop any Iranian boat in the Mediterranean on Tuesday, the army was quoted by Channel 10 as saying.

source

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The fastest way was by plane and through Egypt. Taking the long route to give aid to people who need it is well....

Ridiculous.

Propaganda 101 at play.

It says right in the opening paragraph that they sent 30 tons of aid by air through Egypt but it was blocked. The ship is carrying 2000 tons or about 65 times the amount that a plane can carry.

The cargo ship, loaded with 2,000 tons of humanitarian aid including foods and medicines, was intercepted at about 20 miles from Gaza’s shore, Moussavi said.

On Egypt’s interception of the Iranian air cargo, which sought to take 30 tons of humanitarian aid to Gaza, he said, “The cargo was also stopped at El-Arish in Egypt...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

From a military standpoint it's perfectly acceptable to block the area off. In a well planned action it is important to control who gets in and out, kind of like a large cordon. You don't want high profile targets to leave and you don't want anyone coming in that is going to help the militants.

With a ship full of people bringing in aid (2,000 tons) it's a nightmare situation. Israel would have to search through all of the aid to make sure there are no weapons or anything else that could aid the Hama's militia. They would also need background checks on everyone on board the ship. You don't want some trained special ops teams going into Gaza under cover as aid workers. Also if the people on the ship were aid workers and Israel let them into Gaza then Israel would be responsible for their safety. If something was to happen to one of them it would get ugly.

So yes it does sound bad but everyone knew Israel was going to turn them around. If that is what happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oh, cry me a river. They are at war right now. Why would Israel attack them and let one of their known enemies bring them cargo? That makes no sense at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Ridiculous.

Propaganda 101 at play.

Yeah your spouting more propeganda 101, if you read the OP, you would see they tried to send 30 tonnes by air, through Egypt, but it was stopped.

Makes perfect sense, send 30 tonnes by air immediately (which they did), then follow it up with a massive shipment of 2000 tonnes, which can supply virtually the whole of Gaza, for a few months minimum.

But since Israel is restricting the peoples rights to basic human rights, it is no suprise they blocked the shipment, no suprise Egypt blocked the air shipment, since the current Egyptian regime is a western puppet regime (they will be toppeled by the people, just like the once apparently, invincible Iranian oil Sha!).

I doubt this was/is a publicity stunt, too many people are twisting this to the propeganda side, not one word of the ship has or will be heard in western media, let alone any world media, outside the middle east. So what is Iran trying to publicise? They care for their fellow humans?

Israel does not need Iran proveing they are coward dogs with no honour or morals, they are doing a pretty damn good job on their own!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Saf85]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

If Iran had really been interested in sending aid to Gaza then they should have contacted Israel and sent the aid to them to be distributed. Everybody knew this we are going to go in and hand the aid to those in Gaza ploy was destine to failure from the start.

But hey! It makes good headlines!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Styki]

so you suggest giving the aid to Israel to hand out after they had already blocked aid from getting in in the first place.
fantastic logic.

How was Israel going to distribute the aid? strapped to laser guided missiles and deliver it to each and every individual home?

Yes I can see the headlines now.

"Hamas the terrorist orginization is still firing rockets after Israel was kind enough to distribute the aid"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Meh, not a surprise.

And btw... I'm sick n tired of the hypocritical mindset of this forum. Especially when talking about news sources and agreeing on whether or not it's propaganda or truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join