It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Day of the Lord" at hand, war in Gaza is proof!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
What proof is there that it is the same God besides mohammed or whatever prophet saying it?

What proof is there that the God Moses spoke to is the same God Noah did, or Abraham, or Jesus? What proof is there that the same God that Abraham worshiped isn't the same one Zoroastrians believe in? The thing that links all of these beliefs is the belief in the single God. The one that created mankind, Earth, the heavens, Angels, and judgment day. When you pray to this God, it becomes the same deity.

It's only until man tries to give God a name, is when "God" becomes a religions own deity. This is why no religion knows his name. We only gave him a title "God" to signify the single that has led all of the prophets through time.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm sick of people just copying and pasting the information that they find interesting to them. All these brainwashed websites to make religions look bad and turn one against another. If you were a spiritual person, you wouldn't be here posting threads on insulting your God with false information. You're truely misguided, and you need to open up your Bible and read through it again, if you've ever even read it in the first place..

PS. For all those saying that you can't prove God is real, it's not our mission to prove that he's real. Only people who reject God, ask for proof because their spirit is misguided.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
and people ask why atheists feel hostile towards religeon some times ........

becasue your a bunch of death cults that want the world to end so baby jesus comes back to hold your hands (christians at least)[not sure about the islamic end of the world or jewish varient but it bet it isnt pretty and only the special ones get to have fun), and the faster you mess it up the sooner he is gonna come too huh?

i dont want anyone looking forward to the end of the world in charge of anything more powerful then a mcdonalds fry cooker and grill setup, and i only say that becasue i dont eat there

if you really want the world to end go find your own to do it in the buddists, atheists and quite a few other groups are enjoying this one and want it and us to stick around for a long time

[edit on 14/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armin

PS. For all those saying that you can't prove God is real, it's not our mission to prove that he's real. Only people who reject God, ask for proof because their spirit is misguided.

your right as long as you dont go around telling people he is real and they should believe too, thats the point when you need to start proving it

so enjoy it and leave everyone else in peace

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
Although we do know the hour or day, it has been so foretold for thousands of year. These things will happen and must happen. This is only the beginning, the birthpains of what is to come.

Isn't it interesting that it does not say, 'the week, or the year'? Feast Days are prophetic of certain events, and the coming of the Lord Feast Day is the ONLY one that the proper day is unknown, until the new moon is seen on the very day. One of two possible days. And on a Jubilee year, every 49th is Jubilee. And certain other events have to coincide. Quite possible in 2015.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Interesting facts!
and bible quote,
I will make no further comments
untill israel really make Gaza empty!

If it should occured then tremble we must
because the end is trully near!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wind them up and watch them go...too funny!!!
I don't see this as proof at all.Its just yet another religious person spouting their opinions as facts and having other religious people start bickering back in the same fashion.
You people are too funny.
I do not see a bible verse or quran verses as any form of real proof of anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

The great tribulation is very close, repent, seek God, do his commandments, keep his sabbaths, stop following the traditions of man......

That's hilarious, because the traditions of man are by and large Abrahimic traditions.

Well, Abrahimic and pagan hybrids, but the point still stands.

The only way I would believe your God was ever real would be if he came down today and told us to live as atheists because the race he created is too screwed up to worship any other way.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
One major component that is overlooked in all this is the "Day of the Lord". Is the Day of the Lord really at hand? What is the "Day of the Lord"?

See, the day of the LORD is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.

The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.

Isaiah 13:8-10

For the day is near,
the day of the LORD is near—
a day of clouds,
a time of doom for the nations.
Ezekiel 30:2-4

Is this a time of doom for all nations? Has the sky turned dark so that the sun, moon, and stars are hidden? The war in Gaza is not proof of the day of the Lord. Your concept of God's power is shallow.

While it is true that Gaza's agression against Israel will eventually be judged, it won't be judged by the nation of Israel itself. In fact when the Day of the Lord comes, it appears that Israel will be close to being wiped out. Israel will be on the defense and will be in need of deliverance from it's enemy.

30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,

as the LORD has said,
among the survivors
whom the LORD calls.

Joel 2:30-32

Clearly the nation of Israel will come close to being wiped off the face of the earth. All Bible prophecy indicates this. The mere fact that Israel is winning this war gives you assurance that this is not that time yet. Look for Israel to get it's butt kicked severely before you start thinking to your self "The Day of the Lord is at hand."

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the book of Zephaniah is 3 chapters long

the 1st chapter is about the King of Judah getting a message or channeling the Lord:

Zephaniah 1
1The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah... king of Judah.

2I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.

3I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.

4I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of....

the message could be about the future Babylonian captivity
the message could be about the future battle of Armageddon

If you notice, this 1st chapter is concerning Judah

In the 2nd chapter, the one you cut-pasted in the OP,

the best i can make of it is that Judah will return from their captivity
to live in their area of the coast (recall that Judah was given the parcel of conquered territory that was once the ruled by the King of (the) Goyim)

5Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

We know, today, that Gaza & the coast are not hut or cottages for shepherds & their flocks... Gaza strip & Gaza city are ghettos with 1.5 million starving, crammed in inhabitants. so the passages are not about the current era of Gaza... but about the sparsely populated gaza after the babylonian captivity.

in chapter 3, be sure to note the differences made between 'Judah',
and 'Jerusalem' city dwellers...and 'Zion'... who are all parts of the 12
independent Tribes aka: Israel

It's all mixed up, deliberately, by the Hebrew religious 'inspired writers'

todays attacks by Ashkenazi Jews of the Nation-State of modern Israel,
upon the Palestinian Arabs in Gaza... is not what is being channeled to the
King of Judah some 2,500 years ago

[edit on 14-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer
Wow if you guys get any more crazier with your Religious mumbo jumbo you just might scare a bunch of Rich international bankers into creating a one world government to impose a planetary Networked control grid to monitor you because you are just to "dumb" and "insane" not to be.

hahaha. You just don't have the understanding required for it. It's amazing to me how the mind is afraid of things it doesn't understand, and rejects them due to their implications. Have fun in lala land!

You see, people like you don't understand that there are logical paths to seemingly opposite conclusions. You are unable to "put yourself in the shoes" of a spiritual person, so you cannot have any idea how they think. It's like you drop out of "spiritual highschool" and then wonder why you don't get you r diploma. happy searching.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

todays attacks by Ashkenazi Jews of the Nation-State of modern Israel,
upon the Palestinian Arabs in Gaza... is not what is being channeled to the
King of Judah some 2,500 years ago

[edit on 14-1-2009 by St Udio]

It is unfortunate you are blind to the specific reference to "the day of the lord" referenced in Revelation and eslewhere. Nor can you see that "modern" Israel is really the "remnant of judah".

7And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah;

The definition of the very word Zephaniah means "hidden in YH".

This IS and end time prophesy.........

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One note I would like to add. Although I disagreed about this being that moment, I don't believe it's that far off.

“Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:24)

Jerusalem is no longer under control of the Gentiles. This is a good sign that the times of the Gentiles has been completed. I personally think the first sign (of this end) is the destruction of Damascus and that this prophecy of Gaza is tied to the final day.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Jerusalem is no longer under control of the Gentiles. This is a good sign that the times of the Gentiles has been completed. I personally think the first sign (of this end) is the destruction of Damascus and that this prophecy of Gaza is tied to the final day.

I do agree, but, we do not know how long Gaza war will rage, or if this is just the first round to be stopped by a peace treaty by antichrist. I do agree that the destruction od Damascus is perhaps very soon. The time period between the trumpets and bowls is unclear. Many years to man is but and instant in prophesy.

But the first "sign" we recognize was 1947 and the rebirth of Israel (actually judah).

But I dissagree that Jerusalem is not under gentiles.......the various "churches" still have sections of the city and muslim still control the temple mount. By definition muslims would be gentiles (non-hebrews)...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah we can add this to the list of crap that never came true on ATS but do not feel bad there is no list of predictions that came true on ATS and Israel goes to war every few years os you can repost this same thing then if you do not someone else will.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armin
I'm sick of people just copying and pasting the information that they find interesting to them.

Isn't that just what beleivers do when they cherrypick passages from abrahamic lore to reinforce their own premeditated opinions (whilst conveniently ignoring all the sociopathicaly unhinged bits)?

All these brainwashed websites to make religions look bad and turn one against another.

I suspect if anything has had a brainwashing and divisive effect on humanity it is organised religion,particularly abrahamic organised
religion.

If you were a spiritual person, you wouldn't be here posting threads on insulting your God with false information.

Spirituality and organised relgion are two completely different animals all together -don't try to confuse the two.

There have been thousands upon thousands of gods (and godessess) worshipped (and invented) by man down the years -what gives yours any authority over the others?

You're truely misguided, and you need to open up your Bible and read through it again.....

So if anyone disagrees they're misguided - that mentality is very predictable and unoriginal.

As for reading the bible,I think the reason many people are turning away from abrahamic religion is because they actualy have:
Cruelty and violence:
skepticsannotatedbible.com...
Absurdity:
Intolerance:
Injustice:
Subjugation of women:
Science and history anomalies:

Only people who reject God, ask for proof because their spirit is misguided.

Top ten signs:
www.craigslist.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
Becasue your a bunch of death cults that want the world to end so baby jesus comes back to hold your hands (christians at least)[not sure about the islamic end of the world or jewish varient but it bet it isnt pretty and only the special ones get to have fun), and the faster you mess it up the sooner he is gonna come too huh?

I'm sure a great many unhinged extremists out there that feel that way.

There was this great quote posted in the 'quotes about religion' thread which echoes your thoughts:

I worry that, especially as the Millennium edges nearer, pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us-then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls.
The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.
Carl Sagan

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The term brainwashing is thrown around way to much in religious threads.
What is brainwashing? It is just a defence against anyone in a religion. i can say 2+2=4 and you can turn around and say you are brainwashed and in a cult. Now ill admit i made a joke in this thread but whats goin on right now is boardering on hate. calling someones religion a cult and calling them brainwashed with no reason or constructive effort behind it is just harassment and has nothing to do with the war in gaza or the day of the lord being at hand.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

There have been thousands upon thousands of gods (and godessess) worshipped (and invented) by man down the years -what gives yours any authority over the others?

Well in the case of the God of Abraham, Issac, Moses, Joseph, Jacob "He" invented man who through corruption invented those thousands of gods and goddesses.

The great war in heaven has the utlimate liar providing misinformation to lead mankind down ANY path other than the "will of God".

The signs of the end times are all around, repent, seek God ask his help, DO his will. DO his commandments, and you also can throw off the brainwashing to see the real truth all around you.

There really is a "matrix" like deception all around mankind. Christ provides the 'Pill" to see the truth, change an individual man's evil into good.

Gaza is just one sign of many that Christ will be here soon. Each day the sun rises and sets is another day towards the end of evil..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join