It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the Cow Represent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Does any one have any information on which country/state is represented by a cow,bull, or calf? I was wondering because I'm trying to piece some things together which have to do with animal imagery and "prophecy."

I know that Hinduism has a great connection with the cow but I think I'm looking for an entity that is centralized (government). And of course Spain is synonymous with the bull.

* I have heard from an older friend of mine, who knows alot about symbols and the world in general, that either it either represents China or Russia (forgot which one he said specifically just remember it was one of those powers :puz
and I can't find any connection for either country.

^^Any information on these two nations and the cow would be greatly appreciated but I'm stuck so if you have anything I will listen.

Any help would be appreciated
ty

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Does it have to be a nation? Wall street is the first thing I think of when someone says associate something with a bull.

Maybe it is not the stock exchange itself, but what the stock exchange represents, corporations or speculative investors themselves or even America as America is synonymous with Wall Street.

Spain you already pointed out, and England appears to have John Bull as their version of "Uncle Sam."

www.historic-uk.com...

Mind you I do not know what prophecy you could be looking at and have no way of knowing if any of those could fit.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge no country is associated with the bull. China is usually a dragon and Russia is the bear.
Though according to this site the bull is Spain with Nepal represented by a cow. Of course, that site is wikipedia and might not be very acurate either.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well it has to do with a Cross which predicts the end of the Iron Age and one of the symbols at its base represents the cow, eagle, lion ,and an angel (Day of Judgement). The guy who first wrote about the book, in the 1800s said that "the universe's major emblem's of the redemption" are found in this one symbol. The other thing in this guy's book about the Cross are pretty informative and correct.

I already figured the Eagle is U.S.A, Lion is for England, and as my friend said the cow for China or Russia. But I can't find anything on those two countries.

you mention Wall Street but I think it is an actual centralized force (plus America is already covered). England is in the same boat.

I plan on throwing a thread up on the whole thing so this will all make sense then (I hope)

Does this information help? Thx for trying anyways.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ilandrah

Trust me i was desperate to get any information. I checked that page

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just found this, you might have already seen it but just in case you didnt.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a list of countries and their symbols.

(Anyone else notice a lot of countries have a lion but no one has the rat?)

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"

In order for the Jews to rebuild the Temple and prepare the way for the return of the Messiah they must be purified with the ashes of a red heifer."

www.pbs.org...

Prophecy and a cow. Now there's a combination you don't see too often.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

I already figured the Eagle is U.S.A, Lion is for England, and as my friend said the cow for China or Russia. But I can't find anything on those two countries.

Be careful not to let your friend influence the results of your search. It is really bad methodology to start with a conclusion and then try to force the data to support it. If the only country with a bull as the symbol is Spain, then perhaps you should ignore your friends advice and go with Spain.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Ye i defintely know what you mean but it's just so convinient that it be one of the two.

And as for the Jewish thing, I saw that and was pretty interested in it but thought it can't be because they aren't a power...or are they. It could be Israel or Judaism after all because religions and traditions from around the world are suppose to know about this prophecy and Israel does have power in today's world. hm...

At the same time you could counter with Hinduism or India being in the same boat because they are as much a power as Israel even though India isn't built on Hinduism in particular and the Day of Judgement in Kaballah is very big.

Does anyone know if Tarot Cards play any role in Judaism or Kabballah in particular?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Does anyone know if Tarot Cards play any role in Judaism or Kabballah in particular?

meta-religion.com...

Adherents of the Mysteries have long held the idea that the Tarot has its origins in the arcane system of the Kabbalah, though there is no firm historical evidence for this. The work of the 19th century French occultist, Eliphas Levi, was the catalyst for the study of the esoteric link between the Tarot and the Kabbalah, which became the main model for the development and interpretation of the Tarot. The most influential decks of the 20th century were founded on Kabbalistic principles, in terms of their structure, their symbology and their explication.

I dont know if this will help it sort of says "yes and no."

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow. Just checked up on wikipedia and this is what it gave me:

"The divinatory meanings of the cards are derived mostly from the Kabbalah of Jewish mysticism and from Medieval Alchemy."

That could be a huge coincidence but the guy who wrote the book was an Alchemist

Card 20 in the Tarot deck is the Day of Judgement btw. And if you look at that card the angel holds a flag with 4 quadrants.

The 4 quadrants represent (which the top of the cross being 12 o'clock and the bottom 6 o'clock) a zodiacal clock
. At 12 o'clock is aquarius (angel). At 3 is scorpio, which for some reason is to represent the Eagle. At 6 is Leo. And at 9 is Taurus (cow).

I should probably also add that the Cross has a four-sided base. On one side is the symbol from where the whole cow,ealge, lion business comes from. on the others is a star, a moon, and a Sun. Coincidentally, these 4 things make up cards number 17, 18,19, and 20 in the Tarot deck (since the cards start at the number 0)!!

I'll have more on how the zodiac exactly has anything to do with anything (
) in my next thread but I think that Judaism might actually be the answer to my original question

Now any idea how Scorpio can be taken as an Eagle :S I was completely dumbfounded when I heard that one.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Think I already figured it out but ye it still kinda backs up what I thought

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I found this;

www.byzant.com...

ScorpioScorpio, the eighth sign of the zodiac, is traditionally represented as a scorpion, but sometimes it is symbolized by a very different creature, the eagle (occasionally the phoenix). Why might this be so?

Christian tradition links the four Evangelists (the attributed authors of the canonical Gospels) with four symbols: Matthew with a Man or Cherub, Mark with a Lion, Luke with a Bull and John with an Eagle. These symbols are derived from Ezekiel's famous vision in which he saw four creatures, each with four faces, as described in Ezekiel 1:10:

Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle.

Parts of this vision are rehashed by John in Revelation. In the fourth chapter, four creatures are again encountered, and their appearance is described in Revelation 4:7:

The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.

and this;

www.elore.com...

The Eagle and the Scorpion
Astrology An important, though little known chapter in Scorpio lore is the placement of the Eagle in polarity to the Scorpion. Most Scorpios, if they dare be so revealing, would confess of an ongoing internal conflict between two distinct aspects of their nature. For individuals with a strong Scorpio influence, this may feel sometimes as a civil war of the self. This is not an abnormal psychological state. Here can be found the echoes of the earliest understandings of the Scorpio character.

So apparently Scorpio was an Eagle for some. At least for a little while.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OMG!

wow that's ridiculous. This means I could just be right or completely reading alot into nothing. Maybe the Masons who built this Cross wanted to let us know that not only do the symbols on the base represent the zodiacal figures but the powers of the world (and now I know for certain that the eagle was actually a part of the zodiac
)

Now these zodiacal figures going to ruin us in two ways: a) these powers are already sending us down the path of doom and b) the zodiac points to these figures as corresponding to historical events (extinction for example).

Hope to have the final thread on this by Wednesday at the latest and tomorrow at the earliest

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The only thing I can think of is the pagan god Baal.

Some of the Christian right are comparing Baal to modern day liberalism in the US if that helps.

Also references to Ancient Babylon, Syria, Egypt.. that's all I can think of.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Be careful not to let your friend influence the results of your search. It is really bad methodology to start with a conclusion and then try to force the data to support it.

Wisely said.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's not a cow it's a calf and it represents one nature of the kingdom of God. The young and innocent.

top topics

join