It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert: Israeli Army Approaching Gaza Operation Goals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Olmert: Israeli Army Approaching Gaza Operation Goals

news.xinhuanet.com

JERUSALEM, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on Sunday that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) is approaching goals set for Operation Cast Lead in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

"Israel is approaching the goals it set for itself, but we require further patience, determination and effort so that our citizens can feel safety and stability," said Olmert.

"The Israeli public, especially the residents of the south, have the requisite patience and willingness -- so does the gove
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Something what I have kept saying day after UN resolution was totally broken, after some of more ambulances, aid workers, journalists and civilians was brutally bombed... Pictures and message broadcasted all over Muslim World.

Just stop! - Gaza 911 - Damage is already done.

If you look what he says, Olmert admits him self, what I have thought strongly, and writen here also many, many times after I figured those hidden goals my self - "Goals it set for itself" - are achieved... And I promise that he is not lying now, they just havent told to public what those "itself" - goals really were!

Main goal; Trauma, we can call "Gaza 911" - that is done, and what I see, already for few days now... Maybe even before.

Soon I will make list from other great achievements what Operation Cast Lead has made already in view of that government... I already have evidence to back my views.

If we look this purely from military perspective - there was not much to win... "Enemy what you can not recognize, you can not win!" - It would be too much to ask from military to achieve impossible task. Only by killing them all - with like "Fallujah" tactics... But in Gaza, its just impossible - there is no room for refugees.

I hope they pull out soon as possible - the big game will start soon, and we all need a breath before the next phase of this operation - "Joint Lead" in coast of Iran, borders of Syria will start.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
TOO MANY threads on this

As one ATS member said ---- fart in a foxhole and a new thread pops up.

C'mon --- STOP IT

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Why do you keep clicking the threads if you dont like them?
C'mon, you are not forced to read them

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I beg to differ:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israeli troops made their deepest advance into the Gaza Strip's most heavily populated area on Sunday, encountering increasingly fierce resistance from Hamas as they warned civilians to stay clear of the battle zone.

Speaking to his Cabinet, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said the country 'is nearing' its goals, but that the offensive will continue despite global calls for a cease-fire, led by the U.N. Security Council.

Israel warned Gaza's 1.4 million residents on Saturday that it plans to escalate a devastating air and ground assault that already has killed more than 800 Palestinians. Israel launched the offensive on Dec. 27 to halt years of Palestinian rocket attacks on its southern towns.

Egypt has been trying to broker a truce. Germany's foreign minister was in Israel on Sunday to promote the U.N. proposal, and Israel planned to send a senior defense official to Egypt later in the week.

Palestinian witnesses said Israeli troops moved to within one kilometer (half a mile) of Gaza City's southern neighborhoods, and within half a kilometer (a quarter mile) of the northern neighborhood of Sheikh Ajleen.

The fighting in Sheikh Ajleen erupted before dawn and continued into the morning as Israeli infantrymen and tanks advanced toward Gaza City and its approximately 400,000 residents, Palestinian witnesses said.

'We are safe, but we don't know for how long,' said Khamis Alawi, 44, who huddled with his wife and six children in their kitchen overnight. He said bullets riddled his walls and several came in through the windows.

Source

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Skittle]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is first time in 16 days of tensive killing, Israel makes any statement which hints a stop to this madness, and they maybe will soon will end their slaughtering - and thats a "fart in foxhole?"

How stupid and arrogant, careless and brutal comment. Shame on you!

Do you think that I hope these wars to happen, this misery made to human kind? In coming WW, in your foxhole, make a fart to your ignorance too!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They're not reaching any goals at all. The same man stated four days ago, that they would have reached their objectives within seventy two hours. Now he's saying that they're nearly there. He doesn't have a clue that he's going on about.

What goals have they achieved? So far, they've bombed the crap out of Gaza and it's infrastructure. They've targeted the civilians. Israel is trying to break the peoples will. Again, they're failing miserably. They can't achieve any goals just using Tanks, jets and Helicopters.

They're causing a lot of damage to the infrastructure and killing many civilians, but this isn't hurting Hamas. They're just sitting in their bunkers, waiting for the IDF troops to enter Gaza.

If Israel want to reach their objectives, then they have to go into Gaza and get up close to Hamas. This is the only way they can eradicate Hamas.

[edit on 11uSunday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You're right that militarily speaking there wasn't much to win. Hamas are no match for Israel. Hamas' repeated warnings like "we will open the gates of hell" were ridiculous and they have been exposed as toothless and only capable of firing bottle rockets into Israel.

However Israel attacking Iran would be a lunatic move. Iran has the capability to strike deep and hard at Israel.

I think Israel is more likely to sit on a 30km radial strip to prevent Hamas' rocket launchers being moved into range of Israel... a "no mans land" or safety corridor. Not a bad idea if you ask me... buffer zones between the two enemies would make sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

This is first time in 16 days of tensive killing, Israel makes any statement which hints a stop to this madness, and they maybe will soon will end their slaughtering - and thats a "fart in foxhole?"

How stupid and arrogant, careless and brutal comment. Shame on you!

Do you think that I hope these wars to happen, this misery made to human kind? In coming WW, in your foxhole, make a fart to your ignorance too!

You are such a good person as evident from your reply

SHAME ON ME

I will ignore your posts

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
You're right that militarily speaking there wasn't much to win. Hamas are no match for Israel. Hamas' repeated warnings like "we will open the gates of hell" were ridiculous and they have been exposed as toothless and only capable of firing bottle rockets into Israel.

What do you expect Hamas to do? Run out in the open and try and fight against a super modern military machine? They'd get hammered within one day. They're fighting tanks, drones, fighter jets, choppers and god knows what else.

Hamas are not toothless. They're sticking their tactics. If Israel want to even things up a little bit, let them go in to Gaza city. Then we will see a nice even battle.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

He is politician - driving political agenda.

For generals goals are always different, tight to their tactical or strategical position - Why generals dont wage wars, but only fights its battles?

Look the big picture, goals much higher above foxholes or army placements...

Jordan under pressure as Israel presses on in Gaza

In a country where more than 60 percent of the population is of Palestinian origin, and home to the powerful Muslim Brotherhood, it was inevitable to hear voices opposing the 1994 Wadi Araba peace treaty with Israel get louder by the day, as more civilians died in Gaza.

www.jpost.com...

This is just one fast exmple what matters in round table - information what is needed to know, if measures have been effective enough, or not.

For most of us, these news are alarming, but for some, like Israels government, it just means that Jordania is now in clear path to war against them - thats great achievement for country which is seeking its greatest enemies, and waiting them in battlefield - ready and strong!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I have already enough information from Hamas rockets, and I claim that those have been only used as false flag goals. Maybe I am repeating my self too much in here, but its needed to raise some real questions... And to understand what is really achieved.

You should ask same questions, and demand some answers too!

Why these batteries are not deployed around Gaza?

Just

Google anti-rocket, anti-mortar...

and from there you find real armed solutions to prevent Hamas Rockets hitting Israel civilians, if that would have been the case.

- And I promise you, also Muslim world will ask same questions.

new topics

top topics

join