It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The people of Israel have connections to the the land of Israel, as do the Palestinians, both have the right to live there.

Hello Founding,

What happened here? Your allies have all jumped ship. Naturally the only connection a person has to land happens when he is 6' under it. Since all of humanity flowed out of Africa any connection to land stems from the domination of that location through force or comradeship.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It should not be news to anyone that there was no such thing as a "Palestinian" before 1966 when Yassar Arafat created the term. It is news to people because their propaganda has been very effective.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
It should not be news to anyone that there was no such thing as a "Palestinian" before 1966 when Yassar Arafat created the term. It is news to people because their propaganda has been very effective.

Even Poet1 would agree that the Palestinians have existed for a bit longer than you.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Where on earth did this story come from,and why are people incapable of looking to see if its true?

Palestine is the Latinized name given to the region of the Judaea Province by the Romans some time in the first century AD.

The name even appears on ancient maps.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

A name is not a nationality. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Would you put everybody named John in a group, then start calling them the John people? Well unless your mentally handicapped I don't think so.

The people living in gaza and the westbank are exploited not just by Israel. Think deeper and understand that there is no better way to fight Israel then through a refugee population of your own people. Go and ask any military tacticians and they will tell you that a proxy war fought by an underprivileged people is a great strategy not just militarily but mostly politically.

I feel for the innocent people dying but blame should never be exploited. If you want to fight Israel then simply declare war. The country is surrounded on all sides. If you cannot defeat Israel then too bad. That is history and the country stands. But never should you exploit your own people, Arab women and children, for a false cause of martyrdom.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Palestine is the same kind of term as Mediterranean.
There are Mediterranean people but usually, you know, they have a country and stuff and are categorized that way.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

I never said it was.

The word Palestinian derives from the name Palestine.It can be used to describe anyone living in that area,even Jews.

A person living in California is a Californian.
I am a Mancunian because I come from Manchester.

My point is the origin of the word,not what it stands for.

And the first time it was used in the modern era to describe someone's nationality,dates back to WW1.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So why are you in this thread? No one is disagreeing about the historical context of the name Palestine. The issue is over a national identity of a so-called group of people calling themselves Palestinians.

As for your claim that the first signs of a national identity appeared during WW1, that is not an empirical claim. Every historian agrees that a national identity only came around during Yasser Arafat (himself born and raised in Egypt).

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Every historian doesn't agree at all.
Look at any document from the time the area was the British Mandate of Palestine and you will see that they describe everyone who resided in that area regardless of religion or ethnicity.

And reread what I said.
I didn't say WW1 was the first time ever the word was used to describe a nationality,I said it was the first time in the modern era.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"Describe any one in that area regardless of religion or ethnicity????" I'm sorry but what are you trying to say.

As for the WW1 comment that still does not disprove that the first time the people of the westbank and gaza were associated with a national identity was during the reign of Arafat. And further more that is actually another proof that the those people could not have had a national identity before the the 20th century.

Please look the genetic evidence I have offered over and over again about the Arabization through the genetic Eu10 chromosome.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Wow your just about alone not much longer now! Naturally, your theories are based on nonsense and beyond that your impossible to talk to.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
HEY! There are children dying every day. I don't give a crab if they are Arabian, Israeli or from Venus. I say again: THERE ARE CHILDREN DYING and you argue about semantics ...

Please hear me: there are children dying. What are we going TO DO about that?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
HEY! There are children dying every day. I don't give a crab if they are Arabian, Israeli or from Venus. I say again: THERE ARE CHILDREN DYING and you argue about semantics ...

So what did you do about the 500,000 children that died in Darfur? I guess that is a different. People die…I’m not going to do a damn thing because that is what they do over there. They kill each other under extreme predigest, but it is not until the Jews get involved before people start screaming “they are killing children” or some other statement.

They are killing children and innocent people EVERY day all over that region, so the big question is what do we do about that, and the answer is still the same…nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Here are a couple of articles written by an priest who was born and raised in Palestine, a view from a person of the land.

The Theology of The Land

The Real Enemies of The Jews

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah2200
Here are a couple of articles written by an priest who was born and raised in Palestine, a view from a person of the land.

The Theology of The Land

The Real Enemies of The Jews

You are so right, there is no such thing as a JEW in terms of semitic people.There is no such thing as Israelis as in a rase of people, and hebrew is just a languege.

So what are the majority of people living is Israel now? White? Mixed?
Chinise? or are they are all arabic.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

european, american, morrocan, etc and who ever else around the world who has the right of return.

Who do you think lives in the settlements?

why do you think they keep building settlements?

Its for the foreigners who want to live in Israel who are of the Jewish religion, or who are relatives of people of the Jewish faith. They have a right to live there not the palestinians!!!

Its a sickening situation. Blondes, and caucasions claiming their own piece of the Holy Land.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Nichiren

So what did you do about the 500,000 children that died in Darfur? I guess that is a different. People die…I’m not going to do a damn thing because that is what they do over there. They kill each other under extreme predigest, but it is not until the Jews get involved before people start screaming “they are killing children” or some other statement.

They are killing children and innocent people EVERY day all over that region, so the big question is what do we do about that, and the answer is still the same…nothing.

I hope you do a better job archiving data than reading my post. You are soooo not getting it. Try again with a clear mind.

It's very frustrating to me that people on this thread argue about nonsense while civilians on both sides get killed.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah2200
reply to post by pepsi78

european, american, morrocan, etc and who ever else around the world who has the right of return.

Who do you think lives in the settlements?

why do you think they keep building settlements?

Its for the foreigners who want to live in Israel who are of the Jewish religion, or who are relatives of people of the Jewish faith. They have a right to live there not the palestinians!!!

Its a sickening situation. Blondes, and caucasions claiming their own piece of the Holy Land.

this subject alone is worth a new thread.Start one on this subject.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the thing is why do palestinians need the land back? They got their arse kicked fair and square. That is the law of the jungle and how every nation today had its beginning. One nation kicked anothers arse and took land, then after time another nation became strong and kicked their arse, and so on.
lets face it, Israel are the stronger nation and they can easily kick palestinian arse, therefore they keep land. when/if palestinians get strong enough to kick Israels arse then they will get it back. at the moment they have no chance so they should forget it. I don't see why the rest of the world should get upset with israel because it is the palestinians that wont accept reality and keep crying when getting hit back.
basically the little kid should stop kicking the big kid if he doesn't want a good hiding.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A "Palestinian" is one who lives in Palestine, I would guess.

Joel 3:4 (King James Version)

4Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

I was not aware that Yassar Arafat's father was born before the King James Bible was written.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join