It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as a Palestinian people

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Hold on. Think before you act is best in this situation. First, your taking the whole thing out of context. It is not a quote but a re-post from the beginning of the thread. Second, I was using it to answer Magnum.

Second, I told you a while back that I already covered it from a genetic and historical point of view way back in the thread. And I asked you to READ. Don't be to quick, take things slow and read other posts. I swear nothing is worse then having to repeat yourself for the 10th time (actually counting).

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Please stop using the word Jews the same way you would use the word Israelis unless you can prove that they are the same.

Not only Jews live in Israel, not all Jews live in Israel, Jews does not equal Israel.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

This is a joke right.....

I don't see where your coming from on the religion thing. And then why you pulled the evolution/religion debate. Pretty effective trolling I have to say that I was blown away at the level of ignorance. The three sources I posted do not have any religious intentions. Read the material it itself holds no religious preference only historical and social. Thank you. And please try to ask me questions in a organized and coherent manner. If English is not your first language then tell me maybe I can him you translate.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

I did read through the thread, thanks. I wanted to see where your point was in using a re-quote of a post.

Anyway, Im finding the whole subject to be quite entertaining. Dont take offense to that, or anyone else either, just an observation from a neutral prospective.

Im still not fully convinced that there is no Palestinian people. Too much evidence and documentation and historical record tilts the scale in favor that there is in fact a Palestinian peoples.

There are many peoples of Arab trait in that region. All of them have their own decleration of who they are. Does that mean that they too are not who they say they are? Which btw, also includes the Jewish peoples.

So what if today there is a huge mix, and so what if there was a mix 5000 years ago. Each have designated themselves as a certian peoples. I dont see any reason why to pin point only one declared peoples and say they are not who they say they are, and leave out the rest.

Well carry on..just wanted to chime in a few posts and see what was new.

Novēlu tev priecīgu dienu!
Sheyihiye lecha yom na'im!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 11-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Can you post a link that establishes a genetic and historical bases for a Palestinian people?

So far I have three that prove other wise. And one is a lock genetic source that you seem to conveniently not approach.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

This is a joke right.....

I don't see where your coming from on the religion thing. And then why you pulled the evolution/religion debate. Pretty effective trolling I have to say that I was blown away at the level of ignorance. The three sources I posted do not have any religious intentions. Read the material it itself holds no religious preference only historical and social. Thank you. And please try to ask me questions in a organized and coherent manner. If English is not your first language then tell me maybe I can him you translate.

Quote from your source on the INDEX page::

The land of Israel belongs to God, and He has decided to give it to the Jewish nation,
in accordance with the covenant sealed on Mount Sinai, a covenant that no other nation
was willing to undertake. After a long exile, we've returned home. We bear no malice toward anyone
and seek no harm to anyone. But we will not surrender any portion of our land to foreign powers,
and if foreigners rise up against us to destroy us, we will fight against them and,
with God's help, we will destroy them

Here are the religious fanatics by the way! You cited material from a trash site like that? Then you start with ad hominems like calling me petty names like TROLL, etc.

Your citing material from an Israeli religious site and from Wiki! That point of view is religious or creationism. Then you cite scientific data about DNA thusly damaging your own credibility, provided that you ever had any, by bringing in information based on EVOLUTION.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Can you post a link that establishes a genetic and historical bases for a Palestinian people?

I did provide the historical link about 3 pages back. Unfortunately, there isnt any genetic documentation that is from 1300 B.C., otherwise I would be happy to post that too.

So far I have three that prove other wise. And one is a lock genetic source that you seem to conveniently not approach.

Nice try but you gotta do better than that. Dont know where your getting the idea of me conveniently not approaching your provided links to this "lock" genetic source..in fact I have confronted that as well 3 pages back. Your 'lock" genetic source is dated when excactly? 10, 20 years ago..give or take a few? I dont see where that is cannon to a history of peoples that inter-mixed spanning centuries of time.

Its ok tho Im not here to debate a biased point of view. But if you want I can repost the link that will take you back to 1300 B.C. and you can go from there. LINK

Have a nice day!
(in case the last exit greeting needs translating)

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's usles to argue with you.People tell you and present facts and you just refute and go where is the evidence where is the evidence.

www.liebertonline.com...

One Y-specific DNA polymorphism (p49/Taq I) was studied in 54 Lebanese and 69 Palestinian males, and compared with the results found in 693 Jews from three communities (Oriental, Sephardic, and Ashkenazic). Lebanese, Palestinian, and Sephardic Jews seem to be similar in their Y-haplotype patterns, both with regard to the haplotype distributions and the ancestral haplotype VIII frequencies. The haplotype distribution in Oriental Jews is characterized by a significantly higher frequency of haplotype VIII. These results confirm similarities in the Y-haplotype frequencies in Lebanese, Palestinian, and Sephardic Jewish men, three Near-Eastern populations sharing a common geographic origin

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

What are you talking about??? The genetic study was done in 2001? Did you even bother to read it? Here let me post it for you:

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov... (another that popped up a few pages back)

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov... (original)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

1Department of Hematology, The Hebrew University–Hadassah Medical School and Hadassah University Hospital, 2The Institute for Asian and African Studies, The Hebrew University, and 3Laboratory of Biological Anthropology and Ancient DNA, The Hebrew University–Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem

There you go another info source that is slanted. Getting info about Arabs from the Hebrew University is a lot like getting info about the Jews from Josef Mengele.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Your study does not provide of what you speak of, it even shows there is a bond.In no way it shows what you are sustaining that palestinians are not part of that region.You have yet not managed to provide that.He probaly does not want to answer you because you deny every factor that is shown to you, and I think I will do the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
The people that the Palestinians, and Arabs, descended from are the same people that the Israelis descended from. Those people lived in the area being discussed today.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Not even possible since the Jews who are the Israelis were "created" by God. It is then impossible for them to be descended from ANYTHING at all. God created Adam and ......etc.

Just so we remember what the Israelis are in fact claiming then consider that Israel is both a place and a religion. Naturally the smart bet is on evolution and so everyone is related out of Africa.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Palestinian was a racial term developed by the Romans white trying to defeat the Judeas "jews". This term brought about because Philistines and Israelite tribes originally first moved into that area. The Philistines were considered to be like a pre "Viking" of the time and had monopolize the trade routes in the area. They were also ahead of the time with iron ore weaponary. The Israelites eventually overtook the with the whole King David scenario.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Palestinian was a racial term developed by the Romans white trying to defeat the Judeas "jews". This term brought about because Philistines and Israelite tribes originally first moved into that area. The Philistines were considered to be like a pre "Viking" of the time and had monopolize the trade routes in the area. They were also ahead of the time with iron ore weaponary. The Israelites eventually overtook the with the whole King David scenario.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You can blame the Israeli Goverment for that stereo type, after all they are the ones who created a religious state, like saudi arabia and Iran. So I guess in the end they will get what they wanted.

Peace

[edit on 12-1-2009 by blah2200]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Very simple.
By the time that the hebrews were struggling thousands of years against romans, greeks, turkish, british and arabs, the history does not register even ONE 'palestinian' revolution, war or battle.
Do you know why?
JUST BECAUSE THEY DID NOT EXIST.
The very first historic reference to such as 'palestinians' arabs dates only from 1967.
You can google it!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah2200

You can blame the Israeli Goverment for that stereo type, after all they are the ones who created a religious state, like saudi arabia and Iran. So I guess in the end they will get what they wanted.

Peace

[edit on 12-1-2009 by blah2200]

Why are we inundated with ignorance - Saudi Arabia is a FAMILY it is the only country on earth to be named after a family - the house of Saud.

Secondly Iran has democratically elected representation with religious consultation - it is a western presentation otherwise. They are no more religiously motivated than America - when your president states you are waging wars in numerous countries and it is Gods will it is even worse - as even though both countries are governed by religious zealots at least Iran does not invade other countries on those grounds as america does.

Finally Pakistan is the ONLY religious country outside of Israel - it was set up specifically as an Islamic state - FACT.

Israel was also set up under approval of the UN to create a safe haven for JEWS - one more time for the JEWISH PEOPLE - no victims of the death camps (becuase that would include gays, gypsies, polish nationals and other less fortunates) - so it was SPECIFICALLY JEWS.

It is a Jewish state in every single way - denying this is either profoundly ignorant or disingenuous in the extreme.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

More Muslim propaganda.

What's next, the writings of Hitler?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What are you talking about??? The genetic study was done in 2001? Did you even bother to read it? Here let me post it for you:

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov... (another that popped up a few pages back)

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov... (original)

Thats my point!!! Your genetic study was done recently. Now given the fact that from 1300 B.C. to 2001, when that genetic study was done, thats 3, 3001 years of missing genetic analysis.

How can you even expect anyone to accept that a genetic study done in 2001, would speak for the previous 3,300 years? It doesnt to put it simply.

It only speaks for the recent 20 or 30 years, given they did the study on adults who were at least 25 years of age at the time of the genetic scan, so with that also in mind, my assertion of your "lock" genetic proof IS within my quoted 20-30 years...give or take a few years statement.

Still, that does not account for the previous 3,300 years of inter-racial mixing that took place. It does not conclude to any degree that there is no such thing as a Palestinian people. Your "lock" genetic scan simply confirms what every other member here has been trying to tell you since page 1. That in today's times, the genetic traits of the tribes that now inhabit that region are indeed related. No where in the genetic scan is there any evidence that says Palestinian people dont exsist.

We could take it byond this little box of yours and say the same thing about the Jews, the Hebrew, the Muslims, the Egyptians, the Turkish, and on and on.

Tell you what, you thorw up some links to genetic proof of a pure Hebrew, a pure Jew, a pure Muslim, a pure Arab, then we can continue from there.

While your at it..throw up a link to genetic proof of a pure genetic American. And use links other than your single biased source as you have been doing this entire thread. Google is your friend.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join