It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: IDF shelled evacuated civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

UN: IDF shelled evacuated civilians

www.ynetnews.com

Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says Israeli forces evacuated about 110 Palestinians into Gaza house which they then repeatedly shelled 24 hours later, killing about 30 people. IDF: UN claims unreasonable.

The United Nations on Friday cited witnesses saying Israeli forces evacuated about 110 Palestinians into a house which they then repeatedly shelled 24 hours later, killing about 30 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How this is different than news, that Nazis who were accused from driving peoples to churches, and then burned them... Its not - a brutal fact.

I pick up this news from one of the leading Israeli newspaper - There has to be people who see that truth in their agenda is just maniac... Opposition has to wake up now, not tomorrow!

I can not believe my eyes when picking up news today - just surreal.

New resolution is bombed already to ruins, and tomorrow there is going Iranian Aid-Ship inside Gaza... What very scary situation!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not suprised... this is most definitely not an act of self-defence. This is outright genocide. Israel IS the 4th Reich! may every Zionist who has a hand in these atrocities rot in Hell!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

should anyone be shocked or supprised?
infact is anyone going to be supprised if we get our normal crowd to defend the actions?

Israel are above the laws and they know no one will do anything to try to stop them

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
before the nazi`s decided on gassing as `the final solution` they went through various different morbid experiemnts - one of which involved putting people into a bunker and blowing it up - it was deemed ineffective and they tried something different

so , will someone tell me , how telling people `its safe in here` then bomb ing it is any different to the above?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

It really sounds like "Tank Crews Personal Revenge" style attack... But if it was artillery, there are many several stages, peoples doing these crimes together.

Because aerial activity, and ground operations, all fired coordinates will be informed forward - and before opening fire there comes promise to shoot. If it was marked as "non-fire" zone, there should be alarms - also orders for cease fire from firing squads.

We demand investigations!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

As Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon famously said;"Israel may have the right to put others on trial,but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

Israel propaganda has become so ingrained in people over the years that they are blinded to such incidents as those in the OP.They will make excuse after excuse,come out with reason after reason and not even realizing what exactly it is they are defending and sanctioning.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

infact is anyone going to be supprised if we get our normal crowd to defend the actions?

True, in fact, it already happened:

U.S. Senate passes resolution to support Israel's fight against Hamas
2009-01-09 04:24:26
WASHINGTON, Jan. 8 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Senate voiced on Thursday their support for Israel's fight against Hamas in Gaza, and urged for resumption of ceasefire in the warn-torn area.

The chamber passed a non-binding resolution by voice vote as a joint initial by Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

"When we pass this resolution, the United States Senate will strengthen our historic bond with the state of Israel, by reaffirming Israel's inalienable right to defend against attacks from Gaza, as well as our support for the Israeli-Palestinian peace process," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the Republican co-sponsor of the resolution, also said before the vote that Israel is responding to Hamas "exactly the same way we would."

Who IS running the US, Congress or Israel?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Harlequin

It really sounds like "Tank Crews Personal Revenge" style attack... But if it was artillery, there are many several stages, peoples doing these crimes together.

Because aerial activity, and ground operations, all fired coordinates will be informed forward - and before opening fire there comes promise to shoot. If it was marked as "non-fire" zone, there should be alarms - also orders for cease fire from firing squads.

We demand investigations!

In news reports the survivors say that they were rounded up from several houses and collected into one by the Israelis. 24 hours later, the house shelled heavily.

Clearly this was a criminal act with deliberate planning. The empty homes were left alone but the one full of people was destroyed.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How quickly we forget the lessons of history. How can this be justified? Apparently it is ok to kill anyone with a rag on their head. They're just terrorists right? And the children are just future terrorists, so we have to kill them.

Sickening, I'd love to see the Israeli government reformed with intelligent people, compassionate people. But, I know that won't happen, because Israel will commit an act for which it will be destroyed, and all the better.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is being repeated by CNN:

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli forces shelled a house where they had ordered about 100 Palestinian civilians to take shelter, killing about 30 people and wounding many more, witnesses told the U.N.

Israel Defense Forces said it is looking into the allegations.

"Credible eyewitness accounts" described the incident, which occurred in the volatile Gaza City suburb of Zeitoun, said Allegra Pacheco, deputy head of the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs for the Palestinian territories. Pacheco spoke to CNN on Friday.

Witnesses reported that "about 100 civilians were evacuated" to a house Sunday, and the structure was shelled Monday, she said. The witnesses told the U.N. that two of the survivors said their children died.

"There was no order given to move civilians from one building into another," Israeli security sources said.

However, Pacheco said, "The eyewitness accounts that we have received state that the IDF ordered them to go into this house."

"In the Zeitoun area, it's been a closed area, and there has been fighting and there have been injured. There are other homes and buildings where there were injured who were not evacuated," she said. Witnesses told the U.N. they had been calling for ambulances to collect dead and wounded people in the Zeitoun buildings, she said. "This was very much similar to what the ICRC reported yesterday as to what the medical personnel found when they went into the neighborhood," Pacheco said. The Israeli army built earthen walls that made ambulance access to the neighborhood impossible, the ICRC said. "The children and the wounded had to be taken to the ambulances on a donkey cart," the ICRC said. Pierre Wettach, the ICRC's head of delegation for Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories, called the shelling incident "shocking." See how the Gaza conflict unfolded » "The Israeli military must have been aware of the situation but did not assist the wounded. Neither did they make it possible for us or the Palestine Red Crescent to assist the wounded," he said in the ICRC news release. advertisement Pacheco on Friday described "a serious protection crisis" in Gaza where civilians are "very vulnerable" to death and injury. "There is no safe space for civilians. There are no bomb shelters, safe havens, places to flee," she said

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Those reports say it all. If anyone doesn't recognize these acts by Israeli forces as war crimes, they never will.
When is the US going to stop protecting Israel, and take a more even-handed approach to trying to end this massacre on both sides?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here is the actual eyewitness account that was mentioned in the link of the OP:
uruknet.info...

8 January 2009 Meysa Fawzi al-Samuni, 19, a married homemaker with an infant daughter, is a resident of Gaza City.

The following testimony was given to B'Tselem's Iyad Haddad by telephone on 7 January 2009:

On Sunday [4 January], around 9:00am, soldiers came to the house of my father-in-law, Rashed al-Samuni, which is located next to a concrete engineering company. We were 14 people in the house, all of us from the al-Samuni family: me, my husband, Tawfiq (21), our infant, Jumana, nine months old, my father-in-law, Rashed (41), my mother-in-law, Rabab (38), and my husband's brothers, Musa (19), Walid (17), Halmi (14), Zeineb (12), Muhammad (11), Shaban (9), Issa (7), Islam (12), Israa (2). The soldiers came to the house on foot and knocked on the door. We opened and then, threatening us with weapons, they forced us to leave the house. They had bullet-proof vests on and had automatic weapons. Their faces were painted black. We left the house. Walid ran from another door of the house, but the soldiers caught him. The soldiers led us by foot to the house of my father-in-law's brother, Talal Halmi al-Samuni, 50, about 20 meters away. In the house were already about 20 people, and together we were 35. The soldiers left us, apparently to search my father-in-law's house. About an hour later, the soldiers came back and ordered us to go with them to the house of Wail al-Samuni, 40. His house is a kind of concrete warehouse, about 200 square meters big, about 20 meters from Talal's house, where we were. We reached Wail's house at 11:00am. There were already 35 people there, so now we were about 70 in total. We stayed there until the next morning. We didn't have food or drink. Around six o'clock in the morning [Monday, 5 January], it was quiet in the area. One of the men in the family, Adnan al-Samuni, 20, said that he wanted to go and bring his uncle and family so they could be with us. My father-in law and his nephew, Salah Talal al-Samuni, 30, and his cousin Muhammad Ibrahim al-Samuni, 27, were standing at the door of the house and planned on going together to bring them. The moment they left the house, a missile or shell hit them. Muhammad was killed on the spot and the others were injured from the shrapnel. My husband went over to them to help, and then a shell or missile was fired onto the roof of the warehouse. Based on the intensity of the strike, I think it was a missile from an F-16. When the missile stuck, I lay down with my daughter under me. Everything filled up with smoke and dust, and I heard screams and crying. After the smoke and dust cleared a bit, I looked around and saw 20-30 people who were dead, and about 20 who were wounded. Some were severely wounded and some lightly. The persons killed around me were my husband, who was hit in the back, my father-in-law, who was hit in the head and whose brain was on the floor, my mother-in-law Rabab, my father-in-law's brother Talal, and his wife Rhama Muhammad al-Samuni (45), Talal's son's wife, Maha Muhammad al-Samuni (19), and her son, Muhammad Hamli al-Samuni, 5 months, whose whole brain was outside his body. Razqa Muhammad al-Samuni (50), Hanan Khamis al-Samuni (30), and Hamdi Majid al-Samuni (22). My husband's brother, Musa, and I were lightly injured. Musa was injured in the shoulder and my left hand was injured. My daughter was injured in the left hand. Her thumb, second finger, and third finger had been cut off. I took a kerchief and wrapped her hand to stop the bleeding. The wounded who lay on the floor cried for help and couldn't move. The small children and my husband's grandmother, Shifaa al-Samuni (70), were crying. About 15 minutes after the second strike, Musa said that it would be better to escape and go to the house of his uncle, Assad al-Samuni, about 20 meters away. We ran and knocked on the gate, but nobody answered. Musa jumped over the gate and opening it and we went inside. We were me, my daughter, Musa, and his little sisters Islam (5), and Isra (2). There were 40-50 soldiers in the house, and more people were gathered in one of the rooms. There were about 30 people, 7-10 of them men. The men were blindfolded. One of the soldiers came to me and gave me and my daughter first-aid. He bandaged our hands and checked our pulse. Then the soldiers tied Musa and blindfolded him. The soldiers told us that they would release us and leave only Musa and his uncle Emad in case Hamas came. I understood that they intended to use them as "human shields." They ordered us to leave the house, and we walked along the street about 400-500 meters until we found an ambulance, which took me and my daughter to al-Shifa Hospital. The others from my family continued to walk in the street. Later, some of them also arrived at the hospital. As far as I know, the dead and wounded who were under the ruins are still there. I didn't see that any of them had been brought to the hospital.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What do anyone expects from the descendants of the, Young turks, Bolshevics, chekist and NKVD ? They do in over 2 million Armenians, then over 20 million Catholics and christians in Russia, then starved 7 million Christain Ukrainians to death, and finally started WWII with the rape and slaughter of Ethnic Germans along the Danzig corridor, to sieze land.

Then they came to Palestine... and why not do in Muslims ? They are gentiles too.. and probably it's great tradition blood sports for Israelis children.

When I rewatched the mini-series "Warsaw Uprising".. I can ignore the similarity of GAZA.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I like the way the UN makes a claim thay have neither verified nor investigated firsthand. It is all based on the claims of witnesses. Witnesses that may or may not be Hamas.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I like the way the UN makes a claim thay have neither verified nor investigated firsthand. It is all based on the claims of witnesses. Witnesses that may or may not be Hamas.

And said claims are refuted by Israel. And just about every single person in Israel is a member of the armed forces. Mandatory service, remember? That's one reason that suicide bombers tended to go after people of military service age, and buses heading to bases and so forth.

Israel takes the stance that everything in Gaza that has any affiliation whatsoever with the government is a "Hamas wing" or "Hamas tool" or some such thing. Hamas is the government. People who draw salary sweeping the floors at the public university are considered to be Hamas - because that's who pays them. "Linked to Hamas". "Hamas ties". Et cetera. Every single person living in Gaza could be said to have "Hamas ties" - but what those ties are is another thing entirely.

Gaza is being attacked, and there are very few independent witnesses. Discounting the claims solely on the grounds that they may be tied to Hamas in some way is intellectually dishonest, in my opinion. The claims should be investigated independently. Not by Israel, not by Hamas, but by an independent body with no shade of ties to either.

A war crimes tribunal is the traditional way.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Rumor is that Hamas staged the whole thing, killing their fellow Pal's for publicity. What can you say, house of the same ole, same ole.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Friend, you are correct that there is no collaborating evidence. However, Israel will not allow any news reporters into Gaza, including US reporters. That means that the only reports other than eyewitness reports would be the Israeli soldiers themselves. That in itself does present a problem, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Prof, I believe eyewitness from both sides present a problem.

I just think the UN is jumping the gun and taking sides. It is one thing for the media to report it, it is another issue when the UN, a supposedly impartial organization, claims it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join